Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Football clubs are professional organisations these days.

Can anyone on these boards give me instances of when Aker has gone out on the ink and disgraced himself or a club?
QUOTE]

He had been invited to the Brownlow Medal. he had hired the suit. He then got himself so smashed at Mad Monday that he was too drunk to attend. That's certainly going out "on the ink" as you put it and, as an employee/representative his employer would hardly have been happy.

better than turning up and doing a fev.

He was invited as a brownlow medal winner.

Coondog was smashed when he won it.....luckily he is a funny drunk.

The nutbag Dogs supporters are certainly out in force.

The club is sitting one game away from 4th place and the place is in meltdown - give me a break.

I wish people like the Captain would get nicked and follow soccer or something.

better than turning up and doing a fev.

He was invited as a brownlow medal winner.

Coondog was smashed when he won it.....luckily he is a funny drunk.

Agreed can't fault Aker for this one. I seriously doubt not turning up to the Brownlow has any relevance to his sacking.

Every club has disgruntled supporters and the captain is one of ours. He has had his knickers in a twist over the change of name from Footscray to the Western Bulldogs and cannot let go. He blames Smorgan for this and has used this opportunity for a further attack.

I don't think our board is "in meltdown" and most support the board and the decision. Given the lack of support on our board, the captan has taken his gripe to the main board hoping to pick up a few fellow ferals for support.

I am reminded of a quote from former Collingwood president, Alan McAlister who once said "Anyone who says they used to be a Collingwood supporter was never a Collingwood supporter", I think this applies equally to all clubs and anyone who wants to leave our club over this (and the captain is not one of those) will not be missed.

Maybe if his thread wasn't locked on the bulldogs board he wouldn't have needed to bring it here.

He tried, got gagged by the mods coz it didn't fit their agenda and so he brought it to the main board where hopefully they don't have the power to stifle free speech???

I think Al Quaeda has got Syd Jackson covered for lies and deceit.

Considering that Syd Jackson has a join date of 2002, is still an apprentice in posting numbers and is a Carlton supporter suddenly making a strident defence of Footscray, I'm not so sure that you are right.;)

Bulldogs FC Statement 1: " Aker dismissed so we can have a stable playing group going into September'.

Bulldogs FC Statement 2: "We did not think sacking one of the best players of the last decade would cause such instability."

Bulldogs needed someone like Acka. They knew what they were getting when they recruited him. They knew he was super popular with supporters. And yet they SACKED him. The club deserves the negative publicity and fallout from this monumental disaster.

I can't believe a decision like this was made 6 weeks out from the finals. It wouldn't happen at Geelong.

Maybe if his thread wasn't locked on the bulldogs board he wouldn't have needed to bring it here.

He tried, got gagged by the mods coz it didn't fit their agenda and so he brought it to the main board where hopefully they don't have the power to stifle free speech???

Freedom of speech for the Captain and the dogs board have never gone hand in hand.

Id prefer to keep the talk in house but it seems that the topic can not be talked on there. Clearly it is a topic that people wish to talk about either for or against so maybe this is the way to go about it.

When i say "Our Board" i do not mean bigfooty, i could not give 2 shits about how this site reacts but "Our Board" as in our committee having in fights is not what we need. Funny hearing Smorgo try to say million times over that everyone supports this move

It comes as no surprise that the "Leadership Group" wanted Aker out of the team...

Brad Johnson
Daniel Giansiracusa
Shaun Higgins

These 3 are all part of the leadership group, all of them are competing with Aker for a spot in the team.

What does that tell you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It comes as no surprise that the "Leadership Group" wanted Aker out of the team...

Brad Johnson
Daniel Giansiracusa
Shaun Higgins

These 3 are all part of the leadership group, all of them are competing with Aker for a spot in the team.

What does that tell you?

Hudson also wanted him gone what does that tell you?

I have supported the FFC since i was born, i have an old 80s logo tat on my arm and red white and blue in my blood. We as a club have had many dramas over the times but for the last 10 years we have been pretty stable.

BUT Do not have any doubts the football club is in meltdown. I do not blame Aker for this, sure he has caused a drama or 3 but this is what you get with Aker.

Past players are fighting with other past players on this issue, current players are fighting current players not to mention the in fighting with in the clubs own board.

So the question i put to you the AFL general public is what should be the clubs move from a outsiders point of view? What should we Footscray Fans expect? I created a thread on the Dogs board calling for Smorgon to be sacked due to a few key issues at the club and it seems like most disagree with this so id like to see the independent thought on this.

You'll probably find that it is Eade stirring the pot. He can be a very caustic individual when he is under pressure.

He knows he has to deliver the big one and he knows that his time is short.

Brad Johnson
Daniel Giansiracusa
Shaun Higgins

What does that tell you?

They are all (when fully fit) easily in Footscray's best 22, Aker or no Aker.

All this post tells most people is that you have your hand on it.

On the one side we have- Leigh Matthews, Johnothan Brown, Michael Voss, Simon Black, Nigel Lappin, Brad Johnson, James Fantasia, Luke Power, Robert Murphy, Daniel Cross, Brad Boyd, Smorgen and others.......

On the other side we have Acker.

It seems pretty clear cut where the issue is.

On the one side we have- Leigh Matthews, Johnothan Brown, Michael Voss, Simon Black, Nigel Lappin, Brad Johnson, James Fantasia, Luke Power, Robert Murphy, Daniel Cross, Brad Boyd, Smorgen and others.......

You understand that this thread has more concerns then just Aker right? Core values of admin in fighting etc etc. Aker is just the thing that brings it to a head.

Very good point... Can everyone at both the Dogs and Lions really have been wrong all this time.... ?

Football clubs are professional organisations these days.

Can anyone on these boards give me instances of when Aker has gone out on the ink and disgraced himself or a club?
QUOTE]

He had been invited to the Brownlow Medal. he had hired the suit. He then got himself so smashed at Mad Monday that he was too drunk to attend. That's certainly going out "on the ink" as you put it and, as an employee/representative his employer would hardly have been happy.[/quote]

So what you're saying there is that he let off some steam and got drunk after a gruelling season, but was still responsible enough not to go to the Brownlow and embarrass himself, his wife, his children and his club in front of a national audience but instead did the smart thing and stayed home.

This coming from someone using the moniker of Syd Jackson. A player who lied about being racially villified so that he could play in a GF and in the process cast a slur on an opponent that he didn't rectify for decades?

I'm not saying anything of the type - you asked, I responded, you inferred things I never meant or said, you then infer things about my "moniker".

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back