Footy players punch up bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand Hodgey.....the difference is i love footy. Not AFL, but the footy that I've spent 40 years playing and coaching. I could count the AFL games I've been to in the last 5 years on my hands.

I know Grass Roots is what it is all about. It's funny but a lot of the posters here would get a lot out of spending some time around an amateur/junior club.

Do you at least acknowledge that it was just a love tap?
I don't imagine a drunk enraged professional athlete would give a love tap but if he did he would still be risking all sorts of mishaps not the least being a possible fall and head injury.. there is no way to really gloss over this one

I don't imagine a drunk enraged professional athlete would give a love tap but if he did he would still be risking all sorts of mishaps not the least being a possible fall and head injury.. there is no way to really gloss over this one

If he was drunken and enraged the guy would still be out, and possibly dead.

I have little doubt Voss was in complete control with this little slap, and I am confident the magistrate will agree.

I think the guy who threw the billiard ball should be fined at least 20K so if you think I am just an advocate for violence for the sake of it, I am not.

If he was drunken and enraged the guy would still be out, and possibly dead.

I have little doubt Voss was in complete control with this little slap, and I am confident the magistrate will agree.

I think the guy who threw the billiard ball should be fined at least 20K so if you think I am just an advocate for violence for the sake of it, I am not.
The billiard ball bloke is not the issue, he will face his own consequences for his own actions.

Voss assaulted someone when no assault was necessary as the situation had abated and the bloke seemingly was not threatening anymore. the assault occured well after the intial incident. thats what the magi will look at.

The billiard ball bloke is not the issue, he will face his own consequences for his own actions.

Voss assaulted someone when no assault was necessary as the situation had abated and the bloke seemingly was not threatening anymore. the assault occured well after the intial incident. thats what the magi will look at.

I don't consider myself old (I am 31) except when I see your above view there seems to be the mainstream opinion. In this I feel like an Alien.

The guy could have killed his mate, and instead of dobbing to the police Voss walks up and gives him a tap to tell him to wake up to himself. I respect his actions.

He could have easily hurt the guy bad, but he didn't. He could have also walked away, except the next week the guy could have actually killed someone with a dog act like that.

But like I said I seem to have lost touch with these new modern views that have plagued society. I often go and take my little cousins out for the day, and the stories they tell me about being suspended at school for defending themselves etc, just doesn't sit well with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the person throwing the billiard ball, which could have injured someone very seriously should be fined $20,000, but Michael Voss punching someone in the head, which also could have injured someone very seriously, should not be fined?

You don't make much sense at all. :)

I don't consider myself old (I am 31) except when I see your above view there seems to be the mainstream opinion. In this I feel like an Alien.

The guy could have killed his mate, and instead of dobbing to the police Voss walks up and gives him a tap to tell him to wake up to himself. I respect his actions.

He could have easily hurt the guy bad, but he didn't. He could have also walked away, except the next week the guy could have actually killed someone with a dog act like that.

But like I said I seem to have lost touch with these new modern views that have plagued society. I often go and take my little cousins out for the day, and the stories they tell me about being suspended at school for defending themselves etc, just doesn't sit well with me.
I'm not arguing over cause and effect, I am just telling you that when this gets to court, the magi will look at the sequence of events and look at the necessity to hit someone when there was no imminent danger as the incident had died down, the person had been removed from the area and someone went out of their way to walk outside and assault someone where there was no need.

thats what will be looked at. Right or wrong, it is what will be assesed

Voss walks up and gives him a tap to tell him to wake up to himself. I respect his actions.

:rolleyes: It was a criminal act from Voss and he has subsequently been charged. Nothing to respect about what he did at all.

I often go and take my little cousins out for the day, and the stories they tell me about being suspended at school for defending themselves etc, just doesn't sit well with me.

Sounds like your views on the positives of violence have been passed on to them. That is quite disgusting actually.

So the person throwing the billiard ball, which could have injured someone very seriously should be fined $20,000, but Michael Voss punching someone in the head, which also could have injured someone very seriously, should not be fined?

You don't make much sense at all. :)

Well it does to me.

Billiard ball man was not in control of his actions and could have killed someone.

Voss 'one of the greats of our game' was like the local police officer touching you up gently for breaking some petty laws, instead of throwing the book at you. I think Voss deserves respect, just like Cops who go out of their way to try and help a 15 year old doing drugs on the street by scaring him a bit instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Voss could have hurt him or thrown him to the cops. Instead I believe his actions would have the most impact on helping the dweeb wake up to himself, by giving him a fright.

Criminal act, and cowardly, what else can be said about it? if he had any balls he would apologize to the public for setting a disgraceful example for the kids that had his number on their backs

Well it does to me.

Billiard ball man was not in control of his actions and could have killed someone.

Voss 'one of the greats of our game' was like the local police officer touching you up gently for breaking some petty laws, instead of throwing the book at you. I think Voss deserves respect, just like Cops who go out of their way to try and help a 15 year old doing drugs on the street by scaring him a bit instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Voss could have hurt him or thrown him to the cops. Instead I believe his actions would have the most impact on helping the dweeb wake up to himself, by giving him a fright.
Voss better hope you are not his defence counsel

This is border line vigilantism, and in that case who gives direction to vigilantes over what is right and what is wrong?

Well it does to me.

So you support Vigilantes in our society then?
Whats the point in even having laws then anymore, lets just decide for ourselves what someone else deserves.

Ok enough about Voss

Gehrig and Black...

There has hardly been a thing written about Black?? geez hes done well to escape the attention

This whole business is fast becoming yesterdays news. A bit like Voss and Gehrig themselves, yesterdays heroes.

since when has Geehrig ever been a hero.....yeah fine player had a great seond half to his career...but hes no hero mate....

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy players punch up bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back