Footy players punch up bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

a few comments...

An edited tape does not show the whole picture of the situation.

The fact the tape was shown before the trials on tv could give grounds to the trials being thrown out on the basis of prejudice.

I wonder about a future trial where cctv may be used in evidence, whether a TV channel will show it before the trial. The CCTV may show evidence that a witness to the trial may not like.
Its a court case before a magistrate I assume, not a trial in the County or supreme courts.

a few comments...

The fact the tape was shown before the trial, on tv could give grounds to the trials being thrown out on the basis of prejudice.

I wonder about a future trial where cctv may be used in evidence, whether a TV channel will show it before the trial. The CCTV may show evidence that a witness to the trial may not like.

Which begs the question - why was it released now & by whom? Couldn't the defence leak the tape on purpose to then get it supressed?

Video on page 9.

Unimpressive stuff.
There's not much difference with Lawrence or Voss, only Lawrence made better contact. The guy Voss hit seemed to be looking at the ground when Voss got him, so I'd have to class that a king hit also.
Typical Voss. And even then he hit like a ***. I don't know why the guy didn't go on with it, I would have. As for the others, the moral should be keep away from Steven Lawrence. He can't handle the piss and trouble follows wherever he goes, especially when he's on the turps.

Do the defense actually have access to the tape prior to trial.or is that in the hands of the hotel and police prosecutor.

I believe the defence have access to the prosecution evidence.

Typical Voss. And even then he hit like a ***. I don't know why the guy didn't go on with it, I would have.

You make it sound like Voss started it. If you would retaliate, then you should be able to understand why Voss did too.

Haha, I think when they play the video in court it will speak for itself. The fact that somebody has seen it before should mean nothing. I mean, he walked right up to a guy and smashed him in the head. How does seeing the video before the trial change your opinion on that? The trial will focus around was that necessary. Which it obviously was not from the video. He is guilty as sin and should be looking at pleading guilty to downgraded charges.

Haha, I think when they play the video in court it will speak for itself. The fact that somebody has seen it before should mean nothing. I mean, he walked right up to a guy and smashed him in the head. How does seeing the video before the trial change your opinion on that? The trial will focus around was that necessary. Which it obviously was not from the video. He is guilty as sin and should be looking at pleading guilty to downgraded charges.

The way the video is edited and the manner in which it has been shown are both issues which could lead to jury members prejudging the matter before all the evidence has been presented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a few comments...

The fact the tape was shown before the trial, on tv could give grounds to the trials being thrown out on the basis of prejudice.

Spot on champ I think someone was trying to say that last night and copped crap for it.

Interesting comments from Lyon re Gehrig. Seems like he is pretty soft on playerss playing up. Good to see your club taking a hard line JD. Might pay in future to practice what you preach before you condemn another club.

Brawl footage leak 'hugely prejudicial'
July 11, 2007 - 6:45PM

Saints coach Ross Lyon, who had not seen the footage, maintained his support of Gehrig.

While AFL operations manager Adrian Anderson has said he expected the clubs to discipline the players if found guilty, Lyon gave no details nor guarantees.

"That's something we'll assess if it happens," he said.

"There's no broad brush and clear-cut penalty for anybody."

AAP

I can expect Gherig and Lawrence to be thugs, but I've lost respect for Voss for that cheap shot punch.
Not sure what Gehrig has to do with it. All I saw was him pushing a woman, who was probably being an obnoxious bitch and getting in his face (could've been a lot worse if he decided to get fairdinkum) and help drag some smartarse outside the pub, and Lawrence king hit some unsuspecting bloke from behind. Given Lawrence being what Lawrence is, a pisshead and a ****wit, thats understandable. I lost respect for the bloke Voss hit for just standing there and copping it.

Did I hear right on the news? That Voss was denying that he punched the guy? :confused:

I heard him say he wants to justify his actions.

He denies guilt. As in he will claim he acted in self defence or there were mitigating circumstances or whatever.

Not sure what Gehrig has to do with it. All I saw was him pushing a woman, who was probably being an obnoxious bitch and getting in his face (could've been a lot worse if he decided to get fairdinkum) and help drag some smartarse outside the pub, and Lawrence king hit some unsuspecting bloke from behind. Given Lawrence being what Lawrence is, a pisshead and a ****wit, thats understandable. I lost respect for the bloke Voss hit for just standing there and copping it.

pathetic response and attitude.

I don't care what the girl was saying to Gherig. He pushed her so hard that if she had hit her head on the floor or pool table she could be dead or brain damaged.

Voss shouldn't have hit him in the first place. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy players punch up bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back