• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

paul8241

Cancelled
Sep 1, 2007
Safety Bay
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let's add this one to the table. I would be happy to see the club use a draft pick or pre-season pick to re-draft Tarrant to force him into retirement if he or Collingwood try to screw us over in the Trade.

At least this way the pies wont just pick up an AA quality utility for nothing, they will at least have to pay over the price for him in the draft.

I am not sure the club would do this. We have a young list and a slightly higher chance of injury as these young kids bodies are still developing. Why would we want to go in to the season with 1 player less on your list.

I am confident our team will get a deal done - we havent had a reason to doubt them yet have we

I don't think it will get to this, but I'd be happy for the club to do it. I mean we were minus a senior listed player for this season just gone, Solomon, and managed to do alright.

Just on the AA quality... If he does goto the pies, who apprently don't need him and wont be in their best 22 :rolleyes:, he will make AA and they will probably give us shit for it.... strange way this world works.... :rolleyes:

Let's add this one to the table. I would be happy to see the club use a draft pick or pre-season pick to re-draft Tarrant to force him into retirement if he or Collingwood try to screw us over in the Trade.

At least this way the pies wont just pick up an AA quality utility for nothing, they will at least have to pay over the price for him in the draft.

As opposed to just trading him for that same draft pick???? Has anyone learnt anything from the Luke Ball fiasco, the only people the club are screwing over are themselves. Its quite childish really.

I don't understand why people don't just try & maximise the most of a bad situation, its fine to be pissed off and want to make a statement but not to the extent of ruining your own club. Ask Mark Williams & Ross Lyon how those strategies went.

In the end we need to start getting used to these sorts of player movements when free agency starts up.

As opposed to just trading him for that same draft pick???? Has anyone learnt anything from the Luke Ball fiasco, the only people the club are screwing over are themselves. Its quite childish really.

I don't understand why people don't just try & maximise the most of a bad situation, its fine to be pissed off and want to make a statement but not to the extent of ruining your own club. Ask Mark Williams & Ross Lyon how those strategies went.

In the end we need to start getting used to these sorts of player movements when free agency starts up.

What has it got to do with free agency? Tarrant would have no rights to under free agency.

The message a club can send goes not only to the opposition clubs and their players, but also to the managers.

Unfortunately, no one at Fremantle has the courage to do it. They will fold as they always do.

The thing Collingwood fans don't get, is that when we play you in the GF next year, the last person we want lining up on Pav is Tarrant. He's a gun, and could be the difference. So in this sense retirement is a win.

What has it got to do with free agency? Tarrant would have no rights to under free agency.

The message a club can send goes not only to the opposition clubs and their players, but also to the managers.

Unfortunately, no one at Fremantle has the courage to do it. They will fold as they always do.

I guess if they could see that making a ballsy decision to redraft would not go unsupported by the members, they can make that threat. Kind of counters the "If I don't get drafted to Collingwood I will cry, then retire" statements.

Seems funny that the Collingwood fans are voting "No", didn't think they wanted him anyway.

As we still have 4 days incl today to get a deal done the chances are that a deal will be done.
There is no point on missing out on a pick just to prove a point.
We started by asking for a premiership player. Now if that was us we would be laughing right back at collingwood & rightly so.
Middle ground or more than likely ground slightly swayed in collingwoods direction will be found due to him being out of contract.
We are not that stupid.
This is where some sort of free agency will come into play in the future.
Players of over 10 years service can choose a club & then the other club gets rightly compensated ala how it works with the suns at present.
Keep the faith people in our wonderful football dept.

The thing Collingwood fans don't get, is that when we play you in the GF next year, the last person we want lining up on Pav is Tarrant. He's a gun, and could be the difference. So in this sense retirement is a win.

I am not sure what pick we would draft him at - maybe 30s 40s. So you are willing to burn a #20-30s draft pick in the expectation that both sides make the granny and Tarrant will play on Pavlich and effectively win the game? Thats a good percentage play! There must be no chance that the draft pick you trashed could provide a player to further your club over the next 10 years.

You are probably the same sort of guy that the TAB makes money off when they offer 1000-1 on Keplar Bradley to win the Brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure what pick we would draft him at - maybe 30s 40s. So you are willing to burn a #20-30s draft pick in the expectation that both sides make the granny and Tarrant will play on Pavlich and effectively win the game? Thats a good percentage play! There must be no chance that the draft pick you trashed could provide a player to further your club over the next 10 years.

You are probably the same sort of guy that the TAB makes money off when they offer 1000-1 on Keplar Bradley to win the Brownlow.

Thing is, whatever the pick, it would be a surprise, but it would happen. How bad really does Collingwood want him.

I think the pick that collingwood get for fraser to the suns could come into play in all this.

Could only be a second rounder but surely ,in apparently, a strong draft it would be a good pick.

Our recruiting has unearthed some gems into the later rounds.

No point in making a point when in fact you are only cutting your own nose off.

Kep is a certainty next year

WE have a 2 young guns named ben reid and nathan brown,stop spinning this "we need him",we dont....

We are premiers with 2 young good defenders and presti to help out....

How does the 2nd best defence in the comp need a 30yo backmen who is still getting over season ending knee injury?

if i were you i would have jumped at jack anthony...(he is 22,can play both ends,will get better,cant get a game at pies,but taz is a walk up starting 22:rolleyes:)

Thing is, whatever the pick, it would be a surprise, but it would happen. How bad really does Collingwood want him.

Not sure what that first part meant.

In terms of how bad Collingwood wants him, it is definitley not a Luke Ball situations where we were chasing him hard to fill a hole in our team. Tarrant has kind of unexpectedly fallen in our lap & it is probably stupid to ignore a quality player, but he isn't going to fill any kind of desperate need. There is some talk he may be a brilliant substitute type player as he can go forward & back and also strecth his career. At this point we will struggle to have a pick under 30, so probably our first pick in the draft would do the job.

I think the pick that collingwood get for fraser to the suns could come into play in all this.

Could only be a second rounder but surely ,in apparently, a strong draft it would be a good pick.

Our recruiting has unearthed some gems into the later rounds.

No point in making a point when in fact you are only cutting your own nose off.

Stop thinking rationally, that is quite irrational behaviour in here.

Not sure what that first part meant.

Meaning they couldn't just sit back and expect him to be there at the end of the draft. By highjacking the process and saying Collingwood or bust, he is blowing off all the other clubs that added value to his trade value. This is not something his management would have done if they had any doubt about how genuine his value was to the Pies, he would be looking to secure the best deal available.

if somebody does not want to play for your club and you can eliminate said player form the competition why not do it?

one draft pick is not going to be the difference between your club winning a flag or not considering the young quality of the list so you might as well think outside the square and essentially screw him over by eliminating him from the competition.

if somebody does not want to play for your club and you can eliminate said player form the competition why not do it?

one draft pick is not going to be the difference between your club winning a flag or not considering the young quality of the list so you might as well think outside the square and essentially screw him over by eliminating him from the competition.

Ross is that you?

I am not sure, but if you swapped Wellingham onto the Saints side in the drawn grand final do you think he would have been worth 1 point extra and thus a flag? Hmmm think about that.

Meaning they couldn't just sit back and expect him to be there at the end of the draft. By highjacking the process and saying Collingwood or bust, he is blowing off all the other clubs that added value to his trade value. This is not something his management would have done if they had any doubt about how genuine his value was to the Pies, he would be looking to secure the best deal available.

The problem here is the dollars. We can offer him more dollars than anyone else because of that veterans list clause - that is quite wierd and will rarely happen. So his management will be driving it because we can provide by a very long way the best deal. A little taste of what it feels like to be the GC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forcing Tarrant to retire through re-drafting

Back