• Yes, or it'll happen again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, or he'll strenghten the pies

• Don't care

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a bit spiteful to do such a thing, wouldn't sit well with me if Freo decided to do it.

I think we've just got to accept that being a WA based club that some blokes (or their WAGs) aren't going to adapt to living in perth for the long term and will want to go back home.

Just a fact of life we need to deal with and try and make the most of it.

If a suitable and reasonable trade (in the eyes of Freo) is not arranged I can see a major push for an AFL investigation. Tarrants manager has already stated Tarrant will only play for one club next year - about as close to draft manipulation as you can get. And for all the player excuses that it is their manager - a player's manager is an agent and the player is responsible for all the manager says/does unless immediately refuted by the player - that is common law.

Tarrant is scum - he blatantly lied weeks ago about wanting to do the best trade option for Freo.

This.

If a trade doesn't eventuate let's push for an investigation and deregistration. Unlikely as Collingwood is involved, I know, but it's blatant draft tampering.

This.

If a trade doesn't eventuate let's push for an investigation and deregistration. Unlikely as Collingwood is involved, I know, but it's blatant draft tampering.
How?
We offered you Anthony which is more then fair IMO, Tarrant wants big dollars, we can provide big dollars. Where is the tampering?

He wants to go to Collingwood, why not just take what you can get, even if it is under what you deem fair? Because at the end of the day something is better then nothing. But instead of that you might take nothing and let him walk. But no, now your thinking instead of taking nothing, you think the best thing for your Football club is to waste resources on a lost issue out of spite? If you actually did this, it would go down as your worst list management transaction ever.

Paul Medhurst (AA) + pick 8 (Ben Reid) + ND/PS pick

for

2 useless years (07-08)
1 ok year (09)
13 good games (10)

You can't play hardball here, because at the end of the day your the only losers from it (Tarrant also). I know Collingwood is big bad evil etc etc, but at the end of the day we lose nothing and it cost us nothing.

Seems a bit spiteful to do such a thing, wouldn't sit well with me if Freo decided to do it.

I think we've just got to accept that being a WA based club that some blokes (or their WAGs) aren't going to adapt to living in perth for the long term and will want to go back home.

Just a fact of life we need to deal with and try and make the most of it.

We could spin into something like "we did in the hope that we would get him to change his mind..." ;)

A bit like this example here... It keeps him on your list and no-one else's...

Why?

If we line up against you in the finals, I'm going to be glad we didn't swap you one of the best defenders in the league for a depth player.
Again, your only hurting yourselves no one else.
Look what happened to Saint Kilda, and they let Luke walk. Your going to take it one step further?

You guys need as many youngsters as possible for the future. Unless there is an attitude change at both clubs you are a fair way off from us yet so I wouldn't be worrying about that.

But hey if the Fremantle of old are back then go for it :thumbsu:

Look what happened to Saint Kilda, and they let Luke walk. Your going to take it one step further?

You guys need as many youngsters as possible for the future. Unless there is an attitude change at both clubs you are a fair way off from us yet so I wouldn't be worrying about that.

heh, gotta love collingwood stupidity and arrogance... :D

Tarrant's leaving anyway, so he's already a 'loss'. We don't lose anything else.

I sure bet St Kilda wish they could have picked up Luke Ball again instead of letting him go to you guys.

You guys need as many youngsters as possible for the future.

We've turned over half our list in the last two years. We don't need 'as many youngsters as possible' any more.

We were a top 4 team for first half of the year, injuries to Barlow, Tarrant, Broughton, Pavlich, McPharlin Sandilands and Ballantyne, all in our most important 8 or 9 players hurt badly. The top 3 teams conversely had a great run with injuries, thus the gap widened.

Our young team has finals experience now, and are looking to build on what we've achieved this year. Meeting you guys in the finals is not too hard to fathom.

:eek:

If our management don't like what you offer, we are under no obligation to accept it. If we want to use a PSD pick and a rookie spot for 1 year to deny you one of the best defenders in the game, we will. If you think that's 'the fremantle of old' then good for you, but to imply that it's a bad desicion before we have a chance to see what eventuates is immature and naive.

If (huuuuge if:p) we were to beat you in a final the next two years by a point or two and Pavlich kicks a bag in the same game, it could be seen as one of the most inspired list management moves ever.

Hold your judgement champ.

heh, gotta love collingwood stupidity and arrogance... :D
How so? Cause we spanked a team who gave you a good old flogging along the way to a flag? If there is one thing I have learnt this year is the difference between teams in the 8 and teams that can genuinely win it.

Even when you were up and running, and we were just cruising we still made you look second rate at Subi, so hence the confidence in that you guys are a fair way off us.

Tarrant's leaving anyway, so he's already a 'loss'. We don't lose anything else.

I sure bet St Kilda wish they could have picked up Luke Ball again instead of letting him go to you guys.

Your robbing yourself a chance to pick up a bargain rookie. What if Tarrant decided to leave last year and you made this inspired move, you would be Barlow-less. As much as it pains me to say, you guys, similar to us have had much success using the rookie list in the past few years and your just cutting down a chance to find another diamond in the rough.

We've turned over half our list in the last two years. We don't need 'as many youngsters as possible' any more.

We were a top 4 team for first half of the year, injuries to Barlow, Tarrant, Broughton, Pavlich, McPharlin Sandilands and Ballantyne, all in our most important 8 or 9 players hurt badly. The top 3 teams conversely had a great run with injuries, thus the gap widened.

Our young team has finals experience now, and are looking to build on what we've achieved this year. Meeting you guys in the finals is not too hard to fathom.

:eek:

If our management don't like what you offer, we are under no obligation to accept it. If we want to use a PSD pick and a rookie spot for 1 year to deny you one of the best defenders in the game, we will. If you think that's 'the fremantle of old' then good for you, but to imply that it's a bad desicion before we have a chance to see what eventuates is immature and naive.

If (huuuuge if:p) we were to beat you in a final the next two years by a point or two and Pavlich kicks a bag in the same game, it could be seen as one of the most inspired list management moves ever.

Hold your judgement champ.
Bolded reponse above.

As to the rest, I'll be purely honest. I know I'm not a Freo supporter etc so my views don't count, but I do watch with an open mind and am practically forced to watch every Dockers game all year.

I personally think you guys over achieved this season. I think your form in the second half of the season was more of a reflection where you sit in the scheme of things (around the middle 6, 6th-12th).

Your very reliant on your older players still. While you have some nice youngsters coming through, you still rely on Pav and Sandi way too much. Pav looks like he is slowing down and Sandi probably only has another 3 years at his current level in him. I don't think these guys will be around when you should make your push, which is when Hill, Suban, Ballantyne, Mayne etc etc all start to enter 23-24yrs old.

That's exactly what happened with us, we had an old bunch we were reliant on (Presti, Lockyer, Medhurst, O'bree etc) and a great set of youngsters a few years ago but we had to keep pushing and moving on until that core group of youngers (Shaw, Thomas, Pendlebury, Wellingham, Cloke etc) had played 4 or so years together. You really need a few years of failed attempts in finals with a group of core youngsters to make that push as history has shown

Your robbing yourself a chance to pick up a bargain rookie. What if Tarrant decided to leave last year and you made this inspired move, you would be Barlow-less. As much as it pains me to say, you guys, similar to us have had much success using the rookie list in the past few years and your just cutting down a chance to find another diamond in the rough.

Not really. There's two options. We tell Tarrant we'll pick him before hand and give him the option to retire without going through the draft process. He retires. Life goes on.

OR. he goes into the draft, we pick him with our PSD pick, he retires, we upgrade a rookie in his spot. Then next year we replace Tarrant with a player in the ND.

If we pulled this move last year we would be McPhee-less, and have one extra ND pick this year. Barlow was a rookie pick, completely different.

I agree with the rest of your post, I guess constant improvement is the aim, and with so many young players in our team that should be quite achievable. With our full strength side we could have got a lot closer to Geelong, but even still I doubt we could have won. Had we played the bulldogs in our semi-final with our full strength squad... who knows? I'd like to think that next year we could make it just as far, perhaps even further, into September.

Ross is that you?

I am not sure, but if you swapped Wellingham onto the Saints side in the drawn grand final do you think he would have been worth 1 point extra and thus a flag? Hmmm think about that.

What does Wellingham have to do with this? Or St.Kilda?

as per usual a bigfooty know-nothing know it all smart-arse decides join a thread. thank you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly. If tarrant doesn't help us....**** him. Burn him. Enjoy retirement. loyalty comes first with Harves, wouldn't be surprised if he burns him.Harvey did say Tarrant owes us.

secondly. Not the old Freo. We don't bend over anymore, and yes, send the message out to everyone we aren't a retirement plan anymore.

thirdly : tarrant is a fantastic player, but obviously his missus keeps his balls under the sink in a glass jar. "Moving back so missus can pursue business interests". C'mon Chris, her career can last a lifetime, yours had a couple of years left, but she called the shots on it.WTF??? then you **** us over by saying you only wanna go to the Pies, where our interests were better served dealing with the hawks or Blues, even the bombers. You arseh*le! We should be sending a message to future sulks like yourself that the Freo footy club is bigger than any player and won't be held to ransom.

additionally: **** THE PIES!! the whole competition is tilted in their favour. Glad they won a flag, as the AFL might now actually make them play interstate 7 times a year including twice in WA with a Darwin trip thrown in for good measure. If the pies get a dynasty going it will actually show how biased their schedule is. Cut our noses off despite our face so this once so we never have to do it again! i was all for the Anthony trade but the more I think about, **** it!.

As for the "we over- achieved this year" comment from the pies supporter, have a look at our injury list in the second half of the year that you state was a reflection of where we were at. Should we have only had to leave Western Australia once or twice in the second half of the year we may have picked up a few extra wins hence making us top 4.
Interesting the Pies supporters on our site saying they don't need him, but vehemently defending why we should take the steak knives. **** off. took you 5 attempts in 20 years to win a flag.

I personally think you guys over achieved this season. I think your form in the second half of the season was more of a reflection where you sit in the scheme of things (around the middle 6, 6th-12th).

So you think our form when we were hit hard by key injuries is a more accurate reflection of our ability than when we had our full squad to choose from?

Interesting take on things you have. If Collingwood had been hit with the same injuries to key players as we were during our form slump there's no way you would have beaten the Saints in the drawn GF. Would that have been a more accurate refection of your team's ability?

Although I agree with the sentiments it isn't going to work.
We have pick 38 which I think is too high to waste on just picking up a retired player, our next pick is 61.

Collingwood has pick 43, 55 (which came from us) and 60.

They can pick Tarrant up with either 55 or 60.

We need to be working on a trade that will give us a pick between 43 and 55 (Say Schammer for pick 51) and then make it be known that we will use that pick to redraft Tarrant.

Colliongwood won't part with pick 43 if they can pick him up with pick 60. Unfortunately the thing that has weakened our hand is the trade of pick 55 for Faulkes,

I think this poll is a fair indication of what supporters would be happy with.

Should Tarrant fall through to the draft, the majority of Freo folk would support us using a draft pick to retire him. Connors will get squat if Tarrant doesn't honour the contract. Lesson to Collingwood, Tarrant and his Collingwood recruitment manager.

Harvey, if they try to screw us, please make sure you end Tarrants career.

I voted yes or it'll happen again, simply because it'd be the funniest shit ever. The club is always bigger than the individual and no club in the history of the VFL/ AFL has ever been stupid enough to even consider what many of you are advocating.

Stupid is ever dealing with Collingwood. **** off back to your own board.

Anything that makes your team weaker is worth it. Hows the rape case going?

additionally: **** THE PIES!! the whole competition is tilted in their favour. Glad they won a flag, as the AFL might now actually make them play interstate 7 times a year including twice in WA with a Darwin trip thrown in for good measure. If the pies get a dynasty going it will actually show how biased their schedule is. Cut our noses off despite our face so this once so we never have to do it again! i was all for the Anthony trade but the more I think about, **** it!.

For future reference the cliche is 'cutting off the nose to spite the face' not despite the face ;)

Would love to see the remaining 16 clubs pull together on this issue and somehow reimburse Freo for using a pick to do this. Or failing that, get the club who has the pick right in front of Collingwood in that 3rd round with which they'll use to pick up Tarrant to pick him up themselves.

Free agency hasn't come in yet, the Pies and Tarrant would do well to learn that.

Would love to see the remaining 16 clubs pull together on this issue and somehow reimburse Freo for using a pick to do this. Or failing that, get the club who has the pick right in front of Collingwood in that 3rd round with which they'll use to pick up Tarrant to pick him up themselves.

Free agency hasn't come in yet, the Pies and Tarrant would do well to learn that.

That would be your club, spudmaster.

#52 Hawks, #53 Carlton, #54 Hawks, #55 Collingwood.

Can you make a couple of calls for us??;)

I think the bigger danger to C'wood is instead of trading pick 40 something ...he goes to the draft and with pick 50 something a team pulls the trigger as there is not a lot on offer and they call Taz's bluff.

There is an element of bluff here too - easy to say I am going to retire ......Tazzle moving home to Melb, new house and chat to a financial planner may well make you feel differently to turning down you last pay chq of 600 or 700K.

If a team rolls the die, it wont be Freo but Taz to a Hawks or Blues if C'wood start to delay to a pick in the 60's ......it is far from a dead cert.

I still think C'wood will see Freo not blinking and will up its offer ...if not Taz has a nervous wait and for those in the know - Taz does not enjoy uncertainity and can be a bit flighty.

STFU. Not neccesary.

Treating a troll like a troll, so mind yours. If he wants to come on here and tell us that what we propose is stupid, there is a price. Just because you don't agree to re-draft.

I would rather us have a thread that supports affirmative action to kill his career than roll over like you would propose. At least that way Collingwood know they will have to strike a deal or miss out.

Why don't you start a thread suggesting that everyone bend us over, because that is exactly what you propose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forcing Tarrant to retire through re-drafting

Back