• Yes, or it'll happen again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, or he'll strenghten the pies

• Don't care

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Collingwood agree to some deal at the trade table, threads like this have added value to the deal. Whether the club takes that action is up to the recruiters, but we are merely saying we have their back to.

That would be your club, spudmaster.

#52 Hawks, #53 Carlton, #54 Hawks, #55 Collingwood.

Can you make a couple of calls for us??;)

Haha so it is :D I'll get on the blower right away and inform the club of our collective decision :thumbsu:

I think the bigger danger to C'wood is instead of trading pick 40 something ...he goes to the draft and with pick 50 something a team pulls the trigger as there is not a lot on offer and they call Taz's bluff.

There is an element of bluff here too - easy to say I am going to retire ......Tazzle moving home to Melb, new house and chat to a financial planner may well make you feel differently to turning down you last pay chq of 600 or 700K.

If a team rolls the die, it wont be Freo but Taz to a Hawks or Blues if C'wood start to delay to a pick in the 60's ......it is far from a dead cert.

I still think C'wood will see Freo not blinking and will up its offer ...if not Taz has a nervous wait and for those in the know - Taz does not enjoy uncertainity and can be a bit flighty.

I agree with this mate. He might be willing to retire if he is drafted by another interstate team, but there has well publicised strong interest from both the blues and the hawks and while his preference might be to play with the Pies, his main reason for moving back was supposedly because the missus had business interests down here and wanted to move back to Melbourne - well being picked up by any Melbourne-based club would satisfy that request.

He would be getting paid more at the Pies if he is indeed eligible for veteran status, but if a Melbourne based club call his bluff and draft him and he's offered 300-400k for example (rough guess, not sure what he'd attract) then I wonder if he will forgo that and retire...I personally don't think he would.

Whether a club would be prepared to use a pick on a player who has said "I'm playing for the Pies or retiring" though is another story, but I hope they do.

Lets hope your club and the Pies can meet somewhere in the middle that suits both clubs. Bugger giving in to the Pies, you're the strongest interstate side now, stuff 'em!

Free agency isn't here yet Tarrant.

I say take pick 55 and let the football gods look after us for getting screwed, whether it be that Faulks turns into a gun or we get a gem at pick 55.

If Hawthorn do jump at pick 54 and Taz honours the contract then that is another team strengthened for free.

Don't know why but for some reason the players taken with a trade pick seem to go alright, maybe the club puts in some extra effort with that player.

Mind you I would leave a pick free for the PSD, we can delist Schammer and rookie him I think.

Can't see the big deal really. I would be pretty unhappy to give up pick 40 something for him (or a player like him). Sure he can play, but he couldn't get on the park for a big chunk of the year. I think it is a pretty fair risk that 2 years would be his maximum shelf-life, and with declining ability over that timeframe.

Can't see the big deal really. I would be pretty unhappy to give up pick 40 something for him (or a player like him). Sure he can play, but he couldn't get on the park for a big chunk of the year. I think it is a pretty fair risk that 2 years would be his maximum shelf-life, and with declining ability over that timeframe.

Pick 55 despite our drafting record is a pretty low percentage pick, I'd prefer we took a punt on a established player to be honest than pick 55.

43 and your getting closer to the mark.

Pick 55 despite our drafting record is a pretty low percentage pick, I'd prefer we took a punt on a established player to be honest than pick 55.

43 and your getting closer to the mark.

I definitely would not want us to take him with pick 43. I can't see him having more than 2 years, and his history says it is unlikely that he would play all the games in that time. I'd have to think about whether or not I'd trade Faulks for him for example. Just looks like a very short-term investment.

The other thing is, I just can't see why the Pies in particular want him? The irony of trading Peake and Drum last year, and what we got for those picks was a revelation for me. Geelong looking for someone tall in the backline, meanwhile we got Roberton for the pick, and Silvagni in the RD.

I definitely would not want us to take him with pick 43. I can't see him having more than 2 years, and his history says it is unlikely that he would play all the games in that time. I'd have to think about whether or not I'd trade Faulks for him for example. Just looks like a very short-term investment.

The other thing is, I just can't see why the Pies in particular want him? The irony of trading Peake and Drum last year, and what we got for those picks was a revelation for me. Geelong looking for someone tall in the backline, meanwhile we got Roberton for the pick, and Silvagni in the RD.

It sure has been!

You were very sulky this time last year about us losing the huge talent of Marcus Drum.

Big of you to admit it though.:thumbsu:

It sure has been!

You were very sulky this time last year about us losing the huge talent of Marcus Drum.

Big of you to admit it though.:thumbsu:

Unlike you, I don't have pretensions that I am anything but another poster on BF whose opinion is pretty much as good as the next spud. And yeah I get pretty disappointed when a top 10 draft pick, playing a position we are desperately in need of, is discarded.

But trying to keep the thread in context, would you trade Tarrant for Roberton?

PS Hysterical humour speaking of "big of me to admit" coming from a poster who has chosen the monika "Scham"!!! I assume "Dud" was already taken?

I think the bigger danger to C'wood is instead of trading pick 40 something ...he goes to the draft and with pick 50 something a team pulls the trigger as there is not a lot on offer and they call Taz's bluff.

There is an element of bluff here too - easy to say I am going to retire ......Tazzle moving home to Melb, new house and chat to a financial planner may well make you feel differently to turning down you last pay chq of 600 or 700K.

If a team rolls the die, it wont be Freo but Taz to a Hawks or Blues if C'wood start to delay to a pick in the 60's ......it is far from a dead cert.

I still think C'wood will see Freo not blinking and will up its offer ...if not Taz has a nervous wait and for those in the know - Taz does not enjoy uncertainity and can be a bit flighty.

This. ^ ^ wise words from the bovine one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forcing Tarrant to retire through re-drafting

Back