Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I will say I'm very happy for Hogan that he's managed to find the on field success he was always destined for, it's unfortunate it couldn't be with us, but it was never going to happen here, especially with the media keeping him under a microscope. I can't be angry at him, neither can I with Neale, who looks to be racking up another Brownlow, he signed my hat back in his rookie season so he can't be too bad of a bloke.

Have people seen Lachie's goal? I reckon it's GOTY in the context of the whole play - his pass before receiving back and snapping the goal is genius. I don't even think he has time to glance at the goals when he receives the ball back.
Just imagine if we miss out on the 8 because Collingwood pulled another one out of their arse today thanks to Schultz. Done over by Hogan and Schultz on the same day...

Have people seen Lachie's goal? I reckon it's GOTY in the context of the whole play - his pass before receiving back and snapping the goal is genius. I don't even think he has time to glance at the goals when he receives the ball back.
Just imagine if we miss out on the 8 because Collingwood pulled another one out of their arse today thanks to Schultz. Done over by Hogan and Schultz on the same day...

Safe to say he’s as loved there now as he was here. Good for him 👍🏻

Heartbreaker. I was really happy for Lachie but gee.

Hogan struggled moving home with the West Coast media on his back all of the way.
Plus he struggled with his father passing away, losing a nut and reinjuring himself.
Connecting with the group was an issue.

A lot of times the mental health card is pulled.
IMHO Jessie's was legit.

If he went to the Eagles he would still be there. The media didn't give him any room to breath.

Could be pissed about the cost, but hey.
Would rather him fulfilling his potential than possibly going the same sad route as Cam, Shane or Harley.

Dockery as f*k !

It’s almost comical 🤣

In fact I’m going to laugh about it , because getting upset isn’t helping much

Hogan struggled moving home with the West Coast media on his back all of the way.
Plus he struggled with his father passing away, losing a nut and reinjuring himself.
Connecting with the group was an issue.

A lot of times the mental health card is pulled.
IMHO Jessie's was legit.

If he went to the Eagles he would still be there. The media didn't give him any room to breath.

Could be pissed about the cost, but hey.
Would rather him fulfilling his potential than possibly going the same sad route as Cam, Shane or Harley.
Exactly, people can get upset at Hogan as much as they like, but at the end of the day, he was never going to get better in the place that was keeping him unwell in the first place, he saw that, the club saw that, and he moved somewhere that he could change his life, and I'm proud of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Safe to say he’s as loved there now as he was here. Good for him

Collingwood fans seem to think he’s going alright.

Real Freo fans remember how good he was here.

Mindless opposition fans are saying he’s a hack because he doesn’t kick 40 goals a season. He’s pretty much the best defensive small forward in the league and still kicks a goal and a half a game. Not the most talented or flashy but he’s a gun nonetheless.

He’s maybe not quite worth a top ten pick and a second rounder but if you drafted a player like him at pick 15 you’d be very happy and if you pay a second rounder to guarantee that you’d do it as well. That’s basically what Collingwood did but they’ve performed worse as team than expected.

Collingwood fans seem to think he’s going alright.

Real Freo fans remember how good he was here.

Mindless opposition fans are saying he’s a hack because he doesn’t kick 40 goals a season. He’s pretty much the best defensive small forward in the league and still kicks a goal and a half a game. Not the most talented or flashy but he’s a gun nonetheless.

He’s maybe not quite worth a top ten pick and a second rounder but if you drafted a player like him at pick 15 you’d be very happy and if you pay a second rounder to guarantee that you’d do it as well. That’s basically what Collingwood did but they’ve performed worse as team than expected.
I'm pretty confident in saying that if he played Emmett's games this year, we pinch at least one of those and possibly a couple. I still don't think we could win the flag because we're clearly not ready as a group (as evidenced by all the close losses), but we might have played a prelim.

That said, I think long term we're likely to get more out of whatever happens with pick 10 + Cooper.

I'm pretty confident in saying that if he played Emmett's games this year, we pinch at least one of those and possibly a couple. I still don't think we could win the flag because we're clearly not ready as a group (as evidenced by all the close losses), but we might have played a prelim.

That said, I think long term we're likely to get more out of whatever happens with pick 10 + Cooper.
Emmett is 20, played 10 games. Very unfair expectations.
Feel like the forward line had to change roles and make up for Schulz. Frederick has to be the medium forward hit up option this season

Feel like the forward line had to change roles and make up for Schulz. Frederick has to be the medium forward hit up option this season
I didn't expect anything of Emmett. I was just making the observation about Schultz, who is very clearly a lot better than Emmett at this point.

Emmett will be a decent depth player at worst if we give him enough time imo.

Looks a bit limited but premiership teams have included similar players, especially if those guys are depth players that just got into the team at the right time.

I didn't expect anything of Emmett. I was just making the observation about Schultz, who is very clearly a lot better than Emmett at this point.
Of course. There’s no doubt.
Feel like the club have let down the team/squad by not doing their due diligence.
Acres, Lobb and Schulz have set back the club a bit.

Who of the players we've let go over the past few years do you think would walk right back into the team?

Hogan, Acres and Schultz at the very least I reckon.

Who of the players we've let go over the past few years do you think would walk right back into the team?

Hogan, Acres and Schultz at the very least I reckon.
Acres would have to fight for his spot with Sharp and JOM, Hogan similarly with Amiss (would have been handy while Darcy is out, releasing Jackson to the Ruck), Schultz would walk in.

Acres would have to fight for his spot with Sharp and JOM, Hogan similarly with Amiss (would have been handy while Darcy is out, releasing Jackson to the Ruck), Schultz would walk in.

Hogan this season walks straight into the team as the first forward picked. Even ahead of Treacy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back