Universal Love Found - Long lost 1997 Crows club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else hear the current version of the song at 21:23?

It’s very faint, earphones help. Either that or I’m hearing things.

I've heard that too.

I wonder if audio from the Shed party for the game (which played the current version of the song) somehow ended up on the live broadcast before it was muted.

I doubt I’ll ever see us win another flag.

And I’m immortal.
Only myself, my alias accounts and Alex and all of his will outlast all of you, even during an apocalyptic event, I will still post on here.

I write my posts in stone, if I have to.:$

I disagree.

I think we have the hallmarks of a team on the up. Enough x factor , just need a little more support for the x factor.
I think we can get to a GF, but to beat a likely a Vic team playing the Grand Final as a home game, will always be a challenging factor for any non-Vic team.

Makes Eagles flag in 2018, so incredible.

I think we can get to a GF, but to beat a likely a Vic team playing the Grand Final as a home game, will always be a challenging factor for any non-Vic team.

Makes Eagles flag in 2018, so incredible.
Agreed, it takes more work.

A bloke like Rankine could be our D Jarman.

I mean, if we aren't positive, what's the point

Agreed, it takes more work.

A bloke like Rankine could be our D Jarman.

I mean, if we aren't positive, what's the point
I agree we have the weapons to win one.

I also agree about "Whats the point?", after a while you lose faith. I mean its been over 25+ years and counting.

Lets be honest, there would be many Crows supporters that were in their 60s in 1998 are probably long gone by now.

Has anyone ever contacted the club directly to ask whether it has the 97-98 version? Surely the club has a copy lying around somewhere - a clean copy, not in the background of a broadcast. Who would be the most appropriate person at the club?
You probably need to find out who manages or looks after the archives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever contacted the club directly to ask whether it has the 97-98 version? Surely the club has a copy lying around somewhere - a clean copy, not in the background of a broadcast. Who would be the most appropriate person at the club?
David Burtenshaw would probably be the best bet. He's the one with the most historical interest, always talking about old guernseys, etc on twitter. He (or the club, through him) has a collection of guernseys where each player to have worn the number has signed it. I'm not sure if he's actually employed at the club any more, but if it exists he'd probably know.

Bill Sanders was quite knowledgeable about all that early theme song stuff on one of the podcasts, but I don't think he had any of it in his possession, he was just around when it was all created (and was responsible for most of it).

I think a lot of that early 90s stuff got lost to time. I get a strong feeling that during the 90s, and at least up until our flags, no one really considered "history" at the club. Retro wasn't cool or interesting in the 90s. Everything needed to be new and flash so it wouldn't surprise me if getting a new song meant the old tape got thrown straight into the bin (especially back before digitalization of everything).

I wish I still had it but I distinctly remember going to a game in 94 or 95 and they were handing out fliers with the new song lyrics (Pride of SA) on it so everyone could learn the words to sing along. I kept it at home for a while as a kid but eventually it got tossed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Found - Long lost 1997 Crows club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back