Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right

In fact I'd wager that there's never been an AFL player turn up sober to a morning clinic but they soldier on

A breathmint, sunglasses on.
Didn't something similar happen to one of our coaching clinics earlier this year? From memory it was around the season launch from memory, where only one of the development coaches turned up.

EDIT: it was the Gather Round clinic and we sent out the SANFL top up players.

Last edited:

Say what?

$700 - 800K

Carlton forward Matt Owies is at risk of being out of the AFL completely in 2025 as the Blues prepare to turn to other small forward options.
Owies, who booted 33 goals in 23 games this season, is out of contract and exploring options at rival clubs, with the Blues seemingly prepared to lose him.

The 27-year-old has met with multiple clubs, including West Coast and Gold Coast, as the trade period begins to heat up.

Officials at rival clubs are expecting Owies’ asking price to be around $700,000-800,000 per season on a multi-year deal, but his management has not engaged in advanced talks with the clubs yet.

The Herald Sun understands Carlton won’t offer that to Owies and is yet to formally put forward an extension.

Is this the same Matthew Owies who stubbed his toe before Berry kicked the winning goal earlier in the season?

Tame Impala are a joke. No thanks. FFS.

what a shame we cant get men at work in their prime. so many great 80s aussie acts.

only recent aussie act i would consider is empire of the sun.

Say what?

$700 - 800K

Carlton forward Matt Owies is at risk of being out of the AFL completely in 2025 as the Blues prepare to turn to other small forward options.
Owies, who booted 33 goals in 23 games this season, is out of contract and exploring options at rival clubs, with the Blues seemingly prepared to lose him.

The 27-year-old has met with multiple clubs, including West Coast and Gold Coast, as the trade period begins to heat up.

Officials at rival clubs are expecting Owies’ asking price to be around $700,000-800,000 per season on a multi-year deal, but his management has not engaged in advanced talks with the clubs yet.

The Herald Sun understands Carlton won’t offer that to Owies and is yet to formally put forward an extension.

is $700 - $800k the going rate for a murphy that isnt a complete spud.

He isnt the worst player. Good opportunist forward pocket. I dont think he is worth that though.

Anyone wanting a good laugh head over to Port Powers board.

Apparently North would offer this years pick 2, their next years first rounder and a second rounder for a Wines and Houston combo (valuing Wines as a pick 2 this year and the rest for Houston)

Just too much

is $700 - $800k the going rate for a murphy that isnt a complete spud.

He isnt the worst player. Good opportunist forward pocket. I dont think he is worth that though.
No, that is not the going rate for a spuddish small forward. That money still gets you an elite small forward. Owies isn't worth half that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back