Four way Hay maker deal nearing completion! You heard it here first!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rooboy 96 said:
I just read the article again... not only are the hawks getting picks 13... 14... 29... but also 28...

this wont happen Hay becomes more valuable then a former Cat Captain we recruited some years ago... absolute bullshyte!!!

This is the major point - Hawthorn are massivly overvaluing Hay - probably getting nearly twice hisreal worth - as a result all other trades are affected. Its staggering and I'd like to know whether the author of the original newspaper article is a Hawthorn supporter.

Wrath said:
Looks like the draft will be a non-event for us this year, we are going to be giving away everything to gain a 26-27 yr old injury prone backman and a relatively unproven kid who has been identified as slow but with abiltiy. Someone please make this nightmare stop!

Wrath
Dude.I reckon #28 reported as going to Hawks is actually going to North.

Out: #13,Motlop and #29,
In:Hay,#22 and #28

I can't see how Hawthorn can get #28 unless North on trade it - there is nothing there for Port from Hawthorn. So we must be offering you #14 and #28 for Motlop. Surely you'd do that deal and stop squealing. How you choose to stuff up having all those picks is up to you.

Hawthorn are getting far to much. They are essentially trading Hay for 2 first rounders and a second rounder. Although they giving away their existing 2nd round Pick (22) they are getting Pick 13, 14, 28, 29 Which is far to much.

This is what should happen we should get pick 28 not hawthorn.

evo said:
Dude.I reckon #28 reported as going to Hawks is actually going to North.

Out: #13,Motlop and #29,
In:Hay,#22 and #28

The way I read it, we are losing Motlop and pick 13 and 29 and gaining Hay and pick 22. Effectively we are losing a 1st rounder, a guy that doesn't want to be at our club and moving up 7 places in the second round. We are gaining a quality full back, and hopefully on trading pick 22 for the highly promising McConnell.

Do it. No problems with me.

And for all those saying Hawthorn are the big winners, lets wait and see how good these kids turn out. The perception seems to be that if you draft a heap of 17 and 18 yos, you will automatically be a superpower in 5 years. Hasn't happened yet.

As I see it, the only mistake that Laidley has made in regards to recruiting was passing on Davey. 14 other clubs were in the same boat.

Ford Fairlane said:
I can't see how Hawthorn can get #28 unless North on trade it - there is nothing there for Port from Hawthorn. So we must be offering you #14 and #28 for Motlop. Surely you'd do that deal and stop squealing. How you choose to stuff up having all those picks is up to you.

you should take 14 and 28 to brisbane and see if you can turn it into 9 and a fringe player!!! :p

Passmore said:
Effectively we are losing a 1st rounder, a guy that doesn't want to be at our club and moving up 7 places in the second round. We are gaining a quality full back, and hopefully on trading pick 22 for the highly promising McConnell.

we can't be moving up 7 places if we are using ity to get McConnell??? WCE are moving up 7 places... we are getting McConnell...

Malibu#27 said:
If this trade is anywhere near true Hawthorn are robbing some clubs blind.

Is Hay really worth as much as is being touted ?

Has he done anything for a couple years ? .... siously a pick in the second half of the first round and a pick in the mid - high 20's would be roughly Hays value.
Unfortunately when dealing with players who are All-Australian and have had some level of success,obviously the club is going to up the anti as much as possible.But I think your proposition for Hay is even a bit too generous.Once again the roos (providing all this is true),have locked themselves intop a ******** deal that if they start ********ing around with late in the week,could see them end up with nothing once again...

Rooboy 96 said:
you should take 14 and 28 to brisbane and see if you can turn it into 9 and a fringe player!!! :p

What does it matter? You'll ony have to trade #9 and #13 anyway and you can recruit your own fringe player with #28. What we're giving you for Motlop will get the Hay deal done, that's all that matters to North recruiters.

I'm sure the same things were being said about Nathan Thompson last year, and that worked out.
We should have some faith, but I will say that I don't want us to go solely down the topping up with experienced players path.
The only reason I can handle Hay is that we desperately need a full-back.
I will be happy if we get McConnell, I rate him highly.

Ford Fairlane said:
What does it matter? You'll ony have to trade #9 and #13 anyway and you can recruit your own fringe player with #28. What we're giving you for Motlop will get the Hay deal done, that's all that matters to North recruiters.
Yes and that is why the recruiters deserve to have their b***s cut off !!! :mad:

Passmore said:
The way I read it, we are losing Motlop and pick 13 and 29 and gaining Hay and pick 22. Effectively we are losing a 1st rounder, a guy that doesn't want to be at our club and moving up 7 places in the second round. We are gaining a quality full back, and hopefully on trading pick 22 for the highly promising McConnell.

Do it. No problems with me.

And for all those saying Hawthorn are the big winners, lets wait and see how good these kids turn out. The perception seems to be that if you draft a heap of 17 and 18 yos, you will automatically be a superpower in 5 years. Hasn't happened yet.

As I see it, the only mistake that Laidley has made in regards to recruiting was passing on Davey. 14 other clubs were in the same boat.

Can't argue with Passmore's summary of the situation.

Before going to the extreme of calling the club to whinge about the whole scenario , I suggest people should direct their anger and venom directly towards Daniel Motlop who is the main cause of this comotion.

As someone stated in a previous thread, i would pay $1 million to see arch run through motlop in the 1st minute of next seasons round 1 meeting rearranging his nose to where his right ear should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cororoo said:
Can't argue with Passmore's summary of the situation.

Before going to the extreme of calling the club to whinge about the whole scenario , I suggest people should direct their anger and venom directly towards Daniel Motlop who is the main cause of this comotion.

Thats crap you cant blame Motlop at all. He can choose to go to whatever club he likes. But if we can't strike a good deal he goes into the pre season draft, thats the chance he takes

We can't make him go to Brisbane as much as we would like too

Rooboy 96 said:
we can't be moving up 7 places if we are using ity to get McConnell??? WCE are moving up 7 places... we are getting McConnell...

They way it was reported, we are losing pick 29 but gaining pick 22. Hence, we are moving up 7 places in the second round,regardless of what we do with the pick. I hope we use it on McConnell.

My question is....do we have ANY picks left in the draft? seems to be that we will use our 4th round on Rawlings so is will we have any picks at all?

Harris 10 said:
Thats crap you cant blame Motlop at all. He can choose to go to whatever club he likes. But if we can't strike a good deal he goes into the pre season draft, thats the chance he takes

So Daniel's decision to leave the club that has bent over backwards to make life easy for him and hold the club to ransom is not the direct cause of all this anguish?

This deal, as it was reported, simply doesn't make sense. Even if we were silly enough to give two first rounders for Hay (can't see how is more expensive than Thompson) why would Port Adelaide give pick 28 to Hawthorn?

Isn't Hawthorn getting too much as it is? In affect, Melbourne swaps Armstrong for Pickett in a straight swap from their point of view, yet Port apparently gives its own pick (28) away to Hawthorn, and this is supposedly the bit that clinches the deal. So Hawthorn was so unhappy with two first rounders that it had to drag Melbourne into it? Can't see why Port would give pick 28 away on top of Pickett.

It would make sense to give picks 14 and 28 for Motlop, but then why do you need Melbourne for?

There are plenty of holes in this, which suggests to me it is not a complete story. If it has some elements of truth to it, it must at least be incomplete.

It looks like a crap deal to me, however the risk is that we may get zilch for Motlop, so in light of that something is better than nothing.

However we should be getting more out of Haw or keeping one of our first rounders to make a play for Selwood if he's up for grabs.

Hay, Dmac and Selwood would make the deal much more palatable.

Dmac should should be signed in the same deal to prevent us being trumped by Carlton if they manage to get pick 17 off the Crows.

Harris 10 said:

Can you explain to me why we can't blame Motlop?
He has now walked out on the club twice. North have done everything to please this kid, and what does he do in reply. He stated that he wanted to be closer to home, so that gave us a option of three clubs, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Brisbane. He then talks to Melbourne as well, not sure how the Junction oval is closer to Darwin than Arden Street.
This year was meant to be his big year on the scene, didn't happen because of his shoulder. Some reports say that North wanted him to fix the shoulder after last season, but he wanted to play in the All-Stars game. Can recall he played in the All-Stars game a couple of years ago and did his ankle i think.
Who do we blame then?

The club has bent over backwards for Motlop with the All-Stars game, etc, and we are getting a raw deal, no doubt.
But if he wants to go to Port there is little we can do.
If it was Port desperately after him, we would have more bargaining power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Four way Hay maker deal nearing completion! You heard it here first!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back