Play Nice Franklin contract talks on hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Buddy is not impressed with the new Adidas clothing range and is looking to move to a club with a bit more fashion sense, and who can blame him.

Could live with it if he was upfront and said he wanted to leave for whatever reason.Would be sad, but would still like him as a player/person and there would be no grudges.

All the behind the play deals and whatnot are a pain in the bum and doesn't help Franklin. Kills the respect and trust he has with the players, and breaks the heart of people that've always supported him. If he told the club that he wanted to go straight up, the club could look to the future and plan for him leaving, blood younger players, try new things and not wreck the year with all the media junk. Now with all the media stains hanging around, grasping at every straw, pressure goes on everyone, and no one gets any benefit/relief until the end of the year. Toxic times.

I am sure I read somewhere that the AFL had deferred its review of the first year of FA until March. Very coincidental this.

The biggest disappointment in all of this is that the media who have never been on our side, will be even harder to listen to this year. God forbid. Their emotional garbage in opinion pieces will go through the roof. And if any of your parasites are on here reading this, go f***uck yourselves.

Buddy or no Buddy, Hawthorn will prosper.

The other possibility is that Buddy and Hawks are trolling the other 17 teams in order to get them scrambling to delist or renegotiate every Tom, Dick and Harry's contract in order to make a play for the big man, only for him to announce his resigning at the premiership celebration.

The other possibility is that Buddy and Hawks are trolling the other 17 teams in order to get them scrambling to delist or renegotiate every Tom, Dick and Harry's contract in order to make a play for the big man, only for him to announce his resigning at the premiership celebration.
That would be excellent. Seriously doubt it, but if Buddy sacrificed his sanity and privacy for
9 months just to screw with the rest of the league it would be excellent.

Any chance this had something to do with captaincy or leadership positions?

Sorry to post in here guys, I know I am an Essendon supporter and we have a big rivalry, but please don't just attack me. :)

Free Agency has to go. I am wrapt we got Goddard, but realistically we wouldn't have got him without FA, and we probably shouldn't have either. Big Fish such as Goddard and Buddy shouldn't be leaving their club, unless through a trade which most likely wouldn't happen. Now I know Jobe Watson loves the Dons and would never leave, however I am worried. If Jobe just "put contract talks on hold til the end of the season" to focus on playing, the more and more worried everyone gets. Now assuming you make Grand Final next year again, that leaves you 48-hours to sign Buddy up before free agency period begins. Highly unlikely and he probably would already be just deciding to see what comes at him. All the sudden everyone is tabling offers for him. A club like Fremantle comes to mind, who has cash to splash. All the sudden Buddy is tossing up his options and bang, he is gone...

I know Jobe won't do that, he would never leave Essendon but I will still be worried until he signs. With free agency you never know...

Personally, my view is let him go (if that is what he wants).
He is not the be all and end all. I don't struggle to think of life after Buddy, if that is the future then bring it on!

Get Roughy full time forward, give more responsibility to Gunston, Punky is ready to step up, and see if we can pick up (or develop) a 3rd tall forward who doesn't cost the earth.
No individual is worth destroying the balance of a club. If he wants to move on, fine, thanks and see you later!

He has a worth, and not one cent more... You don't destroy a club and a playing group for one player.
Several clubs took this approach over the free trade this year, Wellingham wants overs....see you later! who is available to fill that role? Oh look, Young from the Hawks could do that... Buddy is awesome when on song, but he isn't irreplaceable. You wont pick up a Buddy, but with the cap space you could possibly pick up 2 key players for our squad.

The club should make a fair and reasonable offer, take it or leave it, an offer that doesn't ransom Hawthorns future.
If he doesn't like it, stick him at Box Hill for the rest of the year and lets move on (I truly wish a club would actually DO this!! it would be quite a message!).

I'm a Hawks member, not a member of the Buddy club.

Like having him in the Brown and Gold but if it is to end then let it end ASAP.

May I suggest that the only thing we know for sure is that negotiations have been postponed until the end of the 2013 season? Anything else is pure speculation and as far as I am concerned the story ends there.

Any comment on the effect this will have on Franklin’s performance and the clubs 2013 premiership chances is only a personal opinion. I ask the questions

Why would this have a negative impact on Franklin’s on field performance? He has made a decision and can now concentrate on his football. If anything, surely it is more likely to have a positive effect because the better he plays the more his value increases and he would now be even more desperate to win another Premiership while the opportunity beckons. The only question is can he manage the media attention this brings. Well he has done pretty good so far.

And

Why should this have any effect on Hawthorn’s 2013 Premiership chances? The players and coaches are mature enough to understand this situation and are probably not even interested in the proceedings and outcome.

As far as I am concerned this thread is of no further interest.

Que Sera, Sera

Has Buddy peaked yet? have we gotten the best he has to offer out of him or will the next 2-3 years be when we expect to see him at the top of his game and we possibly wont get the rewards of that?

As LP touched on leadership reasons above...Has he been told he wont be a part of the leadership group??.. is there some underlying issues there that HFC have identified as not being appropriate for someone in the leadership group...????

May I suggest that the only thing we know for sure is that negotiations have been postponed until the end of the 2013 season? Anything else is pure speculation and as far as I am concerned the story ends there.

Any comment on the effect this will have on Franklin’s performance and the clubs 2013 premiership chances is only a personal opinion. I ask the questions

Why would this have a negative impact on Franklin’s on field performance? He has made a decision and can now concentrate on his football. If anything, surely it is more likely to have a positive effect because the better he plays the more his value increases and he would now be even more desperate to win another Premiership while the opportunity beckons. The only question is can he manage the media attention this brings. Well he has done pretty good so far.

And

Why should this have any effect on Hawthorn’s 2013 Premiership chances? The players and coaches are mature enough to understand this situation and are probably not even interested in the proceedings and outcome.

As far as I am concerned this thread is of no further interest.

Que Sera, Sera
Wasn't Tom Scully speculation? Wasn't Gary Ablett speculation? Wasn't Brendon Goddard speculation?

Wasn't Tom Scully speculation? Wasn't Gary Ablett speculation? Wasn't Brendon Goddard speculation?
Travis Cloke, providing hope to the faithful. (Pity David Cloke isn't Buddy's manager.)

Has Buddy peaked yet? have we gotten the best he has to offer out of him or will the next 2-3 years be when we expect to see him at the top of his game and we possibly wont get the rewards of that?

As LP touched on leadership reasons above...Has he been told he wont be a part of the leadership group??.. is there some underlying issues there that HFC have identified as not being appropriate for someone in the leadership group...????

If hes a goodes typ, hes got seven or so years to go

If hes a carey type, hes goin downhill fast already

Can I make a suggestion to the moderators about 'input' on this thread from non Hawthorn people on our board?

Really, what do these intruders add here other then getting-off on posting their opinion hoping to annoy.

There is a thread on the main board if they wish to engage in discussion with Hawthorn people, that is where the nonsensical should stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously lost a lot of respect for him over this.

1. We are the club that turned him into the player he is today. There has to be some loyalty. Sure we can't offer as much as some clubs because we have an established team full of good players unlike say GWS but he would still be on decent coin obviously. It shouldn't even be about the money. From all reports he loves the club but maybe he's bullshitting? If he did then there is no question as to whether he would re-sign

2. He knows what putting off contract negotiations does. It can ruin the season of a very talented list (Geelong 2010/Collingwood 2012). If he really cared that much about the club, he wouldnt do this to us

I love Buddy as next as the next Hawthorn supporter and really hope he by a miracle re-signs before R1. But putting it quite simply, if he leaves then he is dead to me and I hope he breaks his leg his first game with his new club

Its a shame Buddys first name is not Travis...
might have been a better omen after they both were speculated to leave then stayed last year...
Travis Franklin...naaa not the same

Can I make a suggestion to the moderators about 'input' on this thread from non Hawthorn people on our board?

Really, what do these intruders add here other then getting-off on posting their opinion hoping to annoy.

There is a thread on the main board if they wish to engage in discussion with Hawthorn people, that is where the nonsensical should stay.
Surely if you read, I was saying I seriously hope that I am seriously hoping Buddy stays.... For the good of the league.

Anyway, I am out now. :)

The best thing you can do right now is lock this thread and only reopen it if Buddy or Pickers say something significant on the subject.

It will do your heads in reading the ramblings of people supposedly in the know and trying to interpret Buddy's every move and body language.

I am sure I read somewhere that the AFL had deferred its review of the first year of FA until March. Very coincidental this.

The biggest disappointment in all of this is that the media who have never been on our side, will be even harder to listen to this year. God forbid. Their emotional garbage in opinion pieces will go through the roof. And if any of your parasites are on here reading this, go f***uck yourselves.

Buddy or no Buddy, Hawthorn will prosper.

It has been deferred to see how the AFL can screw us.

The AFL will probably scrap all compensation picks!!

Extremely disappointed.
Extremely disappointed is not my feeling , I,m am infuriated , if buddy wants to hold on for more money I say remove him now or ask him to sign.
I mean it , this young fella is going to stuff up Hawthorn somewhat like the Pies were shagged around by Cloke and his silly father last season.
If ever a club needs to be strong and not let this new era ruin it with free agency etc then its a tough mob like Hawthorn to do it .
If Franklin is looking for money he'll gwet it at Hawthorn , if he's looking for oportunity to go back home , THEN BUDDY GO TODAY.
Alistair Clarkson , make it one way or the other. He's been offered a lot from the club and so it is going home he wants hey? Well send him now .
If he is genuine he will sort this out today tell his greedy pain in the neck management who will be to blame for the delay in signing not Franklin , UNLESS HE WANTS TO LIVE IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA, and not for money, Hey????

The best thing you can do right now is lock this thread and only reopen it if Buddy or Pickers say something significant on the subject.

It will do your heads in reading the ramblings of people supposedly in the know and trying to interpret Buddy's every move and body language.
I was going to suggest a kindly mod might run a closed sticky thread showing all official press stuff on the buddy saga

I'm NOT in the know. But supposedly the press is. This has already created a problem. Stuff him if he's leaving tell us now, even if he says I'll be playing out the year and going home , I'm homesick not broke. Fair dinkum if he's a Hawk he'll do that, but he's tied up with that sneaky fellow isn't he? Manager and TV man ha ha .

We'd have the right to match it but not necessarily the capacity to match it.

Brisbane, Port, GC would have the room. Maybe Footscray or even Norf... Who knows?
I'm pretty sure any club could accommodate him if they restructured wages enough, but there's only really 4 or 5 clubs that would benefit enough by doing so. No disrespect meant but it would be pointless Footscray etc getting him, they're much better off with 4 young, high draft picks over 2 years.
Realy folks , are you serious. If there is actual fact to this its Freo or WCE, why would he go anywhere else .
Point is now the crap is out in the open and no one will know whats going on even some team mates, so its Gary Ablett and Campbell Brown and all that I haven't decided crap ahead.
So the footy season becomes a circus a'la Cloke for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back