Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just pose the question.

"Is this the reason (Buddy's contract) why Mark Evans has not yet left Hawthorn for the A.F.L? "

Evans could hardly walk out of Hawthorn on say the Friday with a deal with Buddy, walk into the AFL on the Monday and immediately sign off on a contract he put together and which may or may not contain contentious provisions for say 3rd party income?

or

Less of the conspiracy theory, Hawthorn (Evans) and Buddy are close to signing a deal and to leave now would put negotations back a fair while?

"Is this the reason (Buddy's contract) why Mark Evans has not yet left Hawthorn for the A.F.L? "

Evans could hardly walk out of Hawthorn on say the Friday with a deal with Buddy, walk into the AFL on the Monday and immediately sign off on a contract he put together and which may or may not contain contentious provisions for say 3rd party income?

or

Less of the conspiracy theory, Hawthorn (Evans) and Buddy are close to signing a deal and to leave now would put negotations back a fair while?

Rusty, I don't think Mark Evans not leaving Hawthorn yet has anything to do with Franklins contract.

Nice conspiracy theory though. The longer it drags out , the more speculation.

I think it has more to do with finding a replacement for Evans himself....which could be as early as next week.

or

or

Evans doesn't want to spend any more time with that fat wank than he has to.

This is the future of footy. Supporters should never become too attached to their players because the next season they could be playing somewhere else. Players have more power than clubs these days, and that's a sad reflection on where footy is heading. The days of club loyalty are well and truly dead.

Even if Buddy re-signs with the Hawks at the end of the season, I'll never forgive him for the disruptive effect it will have on the club this season, arguably the most crucial season in terms of premiership windows. At least Buddy's getting his jollies, and that's obviously all he cares about.

or

Less of the conspiracy theory, Hawthorn (Evans) and Buddy are close to signing a deal and to leave now would put negotations back a fair while?[/quote]

Or, just perhaps he is giving a contracted notice period? Nice theories though.

Even if Buddy re-signs with the Hawks at the end of the season, I'll never forgive him for the disruptive effect it will have on the club this season, arguably the most crucial season in terms of premiership windows. At least Buddy's getting his jollies, and that's obviously all he cares about.

What if he re-signs in the coming weeks?

This is the future of footy. Supporters should never become too attached to their players because the next season they could be playing somewhere else.

I disagree - the AFL is the anomaly not the norm. In all other levels of senior football I would expect that 'one club players' would be in the minority, and by quite a margin. I would suggest that any supporter who gets too 'wrapped up in/attached to" a football player needs to get a life - it's a game.

Players have more power than clubs these days, and that's a sad reflection on where footy is heading. The days of club loyalty are well and truly dead.

Ultimately clubs are their own worst enemy, and this goes for all levels - discipline and due diligence in the entire process of running a club is the only way to keep things on an even keel. That said, and despite some bizarre decisions at times from football departments and boards, players never will have more power than the club - it's just a foolish statement.

You are reading too much into it - at least if nothing else you know he will be jumping out of his skin to impress anyone and everyone this season - enjoy it whether it be one season or four I say, I'm expecting this season to be Franko's coming of age.

Rusty, I don't think Mark Evans not leaving Hawthorn yet has anything to do with Franklins contract.

Nice conspiracy theory though. The longer it drags out , the more speculation.

I think it has more to do with finding a replacement for Evans himself....which could be as early as next week.
Julia G could be looking for a job come finals time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Buddy re-signs with the Hawks at the end of the season, I'll never forgive him for the disruptive effect it will have on the club this season, arguably the most crucial season in terms of premiership windows.

This is an issue that really hasn't been heavily discussed too heavily. I guess the longer the season goes on, the more the media will speculate, and every bat of an eyelid will be open to interpretation and analysis. It'll place Buddy, his teammates and the club under intense and unnecessary scrutiny. I would imagine it will have the same effect that Travis Jokes farting about with the Pies caused. Didn't cost them the Premiership, it cost them any chance of it.

From a supporters point of view, I figure the damage has been done. Any chance I'd be ever be buying a Hawks jumper with a 23 on it for my kids has gone out the window. My daughter has a bit of a thing for Buddy, but I will just be steering her away, (towards someone like Cyril) so she doesn't have her heart broken. :(

Just an afterthought, was it Buddy or Hodge who said they were going to put off negotiations till the end of the season, then signed about a month later and caught all by surprise. It may have been 6 or so years ago now, even longer, but the memory keeps a small flame of hope burning. Fingers crossed.

From a supporters point of view, I figure the damage has been done. Any chance I'd be ever be buying a Hawks jumper with a 23 on it for my kids has gone out the window. My daughter has a bit of a thing for Buddy, but I will just be steering her away, (towards someone like Cyril) so she doesn't have her heart broken. :(
Yup exactly, even if he doesn't leave, he's still tarnished his reputation in the eyes of Hawk fans. When my 9 year old sister updates her Hawthorn guernsey, she'll be having either the 2 or the 3 on the back, not 23.

Anyway, he's getting paid very handsomely at the Hawks to do something he loves. I just can't fathom why someone would throw their reputation down the toilet, along with the adoration of thousands of fans, just for the sake of a few bucks when you're already getting paid so well!

Oh, and to the guy who said not to become too attached, we can't help it, it's footy for ya :)

And now Andy Maher on SEN this morning came out and stated that a Melbourne club was going to throw their hat into the ring and guess what, that team is Carlton!!
How on earth could the Blues possibly afford to offer Buddy the sort of contract that has been thrown around in the news?? And as for Kevin Sheedy, don't even get me started...

And now Andy Maher on SEN this morning came out and stated that a Melbourne club was going to throw their hat into the ring and guess what, that team is Carlton!!
How on earth could the Blues possibly afford to offer Buddy the sort of contract that has been thrown around in the news?? And as for Kevin Sheedy, don't even get me started...

Easy for Carlton - they'll offer Buddy $100,000 a year to play for the blue baggers. That should be enough to get him over the line. They'll also provide a free lunch for him every week. What's in the brown paper bag this week, Buddy? A ham and cheese sandwich? Or perhaps some more cabbage, if you know what I mean. ;)

I thought I would never accept the fact that he would leave our club,and wear another colour..That's like having a tooth pulled! I now resign myself that he will go elsewhere,if it's Kevin :Shady:I will be devastated.Shady must be up the AFL's backside,(on the quiet,of course).I guess if Buddy can earn twice as much with another team, you can't blame him..Oh well,that's life now with the AFL @#$%:oops:

;

Just Sheeds being the perenial, Hawthorn hating f*cktard that he is. He is always shooting his trap to get attention and to bring un -wanted attention to others. Sheeds, the kid everyone loves to hate.

I thought I would never accept the fact that he would leave our club,and wear another colour..That's like having a tooth pulled! I now resign myself that he will go elsewhere,if it's Kevin :Shady:I will be devastated.Shady must be up the AFL's backside,(on the quiet,of course).I guess if Buddy can earn twice as much with another team, you can't blame him..Oh well,that's life now with the AFL @#$%:oops:

;

Notthing Quiet about it. They wanted a mouth piece in the West of Sydney and they got it. The are also heavily supported by the AFL so Sheeds knows he holds a fair bit of power while things are getting started.

It is like a project manager, working on business critical project, going to the MD and saying I need another 1.2 mil for the IT infrastructure we need to make this job work. MD wil never say no, especially if that MD green lit the project in the first place.

Sheeds knows this and will be telling Vlad on a weekly basis what he needs. Like when he went and said we need more concessions.

Sheedy has too many players who could be developed into potentially great players at GWS to risk losing them for 1 great player especially one who appears to not be comfortable with direct involvement in media and promotion. He would do better developing his already identified 'stars' before other clubs see what is available. They too will accept money, opportunity for premiership etc rather than staying at GWS.
Buddy stays.

Sheedy has too many players who could be developed into potentially great players at GWS to risk losing them for 1 great player especially one who appears to not be comfortable with direct involvement in media and promotion. He would do better developing his already identified 'stars' before other clubs see what is available. They too will accept money, opportunity for premiership etc rather than staying at GWS.
Buddy stays.

I think GWS (or the AFL more to the point) would be happy to lose a young and unproven couple of stars to other clubs if it meant having Buddy in the West.

Buddy is great at building memberships and I think this is what the AFL would like from him. Problem is that half the "mystique" of what Buddy does is the atmosphere it causes at the ground, because it is in front of 60k people or more at the MCG or it is in a clutch moment in a final. Doing infront of 15 people, 4 dogs and a bunch grounds staff would almost be like watching him do it with your car lights on at the local footy. Not to mention the fact that the other half of his mystique would be lost on Rugby league and Soccer fans in the first place.

Maybe Sheeds knows something we don't. Maybe Buddy is close to signing with us and he is trying to throw another spanner in the works.

This is the future of footy. Supporters should never become too attached to their players because the next season they could be playing somewhere else. Players have more power than clubs these days, and that's a sad reflection on where footy is heading. The days of club loyalty are well and truly dead.

Try to remain positive mate, 2010 was a frustrating year for Geelong supporters with Gaz Jnr as we all know, But we won the flag the next year without him, So as much I dislike saying this, The Hawks definitely have the talent to win a flag without Buddy, If he want's to go after cash & play for dual wooden spoon's like Gaz Jnr, So be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back