Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Andy Maher on SEN this morning came out and stated that a Melbourne club was going to throw their hat into the ring and guess what, that team is Carlton!!
How on earth could the Blues possibly afford to offer Buddy the sort of contract that has been thrown around in the news?? And as for Kevin Sheedy, don't even get me started...
By the end of the year nearly every club will " throw their hat in the ring" for Buddy, especially if their season isn't going well
"We need to kick a bigger score, we need a quality KPF, who can we target"?
"Anh, imagine if we could get Buddy, our forward line would improve and our membership will go through the roof"
I don't think GWS Freo and West Coast will be on their own in being mentioned

I would have thought reporting clubs that arent interested in Buddy would be bigger news than those who are. heck Me the only club that would be dumb enough not to have look would be Melbourne as they already have an incredible fwd line with Dawes, Clarke, Howe and Byrnes

I would have thought reporting clubs that arent interested in Buddy would be bigger news than those who are. heck Me the only club that would be dumb enough not to have look would be Melbourne as they already have an incredible fwd line with Dawes, Clarke, Howe and Byrnes

Sheesh thats a scary forward line. Especially when you consider they can throw Watts and Sellar forward if they need to as well.

Buddy will sign Easter Monday morning bringing an avalanche of Hawks supporters to the G and and like an irresistible force we will brush the Cats aside. My take on the conspiracy side of things.

God the hate I will have for him will be unmeasurable if/when he leaves. He is already pissing me off with his attitude towards a new contract.

Does Bud realize that if he goes to Great Waste of Space (GWS) he is going to have to get his own ball and play every position on the ground. Cause he will be going from all class, to all crap! Good luck Bud!

Bud will have his best season yet, win the Coleman, win a premiership and stay at Hawthorn! So get stuffed Sheedy, you w***er!

Has anybody noticed that there is not one pic of Buddy in the Hawks Nest catalogue? Maybe the club already knows he won't be there next year..mmmmmm...strange :rolleyes:
Oh well, I have probably jumped to the conclusion..:D

I don't think he has ever been one of our "models" not in recent times anyway.
Usually all the Buddy stuff is overpriced memorabilia;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't hate him if he leaves but i will not be able to watch him if goes and i am not sure if i will ever forgive him for crushing my 6 year olds heart.But i am still hopeful he will not abandon the mighty Hawkers.

If he goes we'll just have to accept that that is the way the AFL is going now. He would not be the first big name player to leave a club for big money and he certainly won't be the last. We certainly aren't going to only ever lose big name players through FA and again assuming he does leave we need to look at the bigger picture and that is that we remain a big, strong club that is an attractive option for other FA players AND we would then also have ~$1million free in the salary cap.

And who knows, if GWS or Freo do steal Buddy away by offering him ridiculous amounts of cash there's a reasonable chance they may be regretting it a few years down the track when Buddy in his older age may begin to lose his greatest strengths (speed and agility tend to be the first things to leave older players) and they're still paying him a huge chunk of their cap. Those 6 week hamstring strains are also only going to get worse with age...

Then again, Buddy could (and likely will) be the best KPF right up until he retires at age 30+

Does Bud realize that if he goes to Great Waste of Space (GWS) he is going to have to get his own ball and play every position on the ground. Cause he will be going from all class, to all crap! Good luck Bud!

Bud will have his best season yet, win the Coleman, win a premiership and stay at Hawthorn! So get stuffed Sheedy, you Moo!

I'm more likely to play at GWS than Buddy is.

Something Derm said last year regarding Cloke really struck a chord with me.

He was talking about the slightest drop off, team-wise, as a result of the Cloke contract issue hanging over the playing group. The point he was making was that if there was a little bit of a resentment by just a couple of players... with them thinking he was holding the club to ransom, or playing out time until he could move on, that their mind would not be completely right and there would be a miniscule drop off, mentally. Nothing huge - just one or two percent.

But in the context of close games, that one or two percent could cost you. I've given it thought since I heard it, and wondered just how much it cost Collingwood last year. Overall, they were nowhere near the team they were in 2011. I wonder how much of that was upstairs. Would hate to see that happen to the Hawks... but I'll never really know if it has.

Something Derm said last year regarding Cloke really struck a chord with me.

He was talking about the slightest drop off, team-wise, as a result of the Cloke contract issue hanging over the playing group. The point he was making was that if there was a little bit of a resentment by just a couple of players... with them thinking he was holding the club to ransom, or playing out time until he could move on, that their mind would not be completely right and there would be a miniscule drop off, mentally. Nothing huge - just one or two percent.

But in the context of close games, that one or two percent could cost you. I've given it thought since I heard it, and wondered just how much it cost Collingwood last year. Overall, they were nowhere near the team they were in 2011. I wonder how much of that was upstairs. Would hate to see that happen to the Hawks... but I'll never really know if it has.

I think you make some good points. I guess, a counter might be that Buddy looks like he's matured as a footballer. he's primed for a cracker of a year - so perhaps we could just see a stellar year from him that more than compensates. But yes, it's certainly something you'd want sorted, if not publicly, at least behind closed doors before the season is too far in.

Wanna ask the hawks faithful a question.

As a GWS and Hawks man myself.

Hypothetically - Concede Buddy's gone. Where's the best place - in terms of what Hawthorn can receive in return - he can go?

For what it's worth I'd rather he'd stay a hawk.

I'm just curious.
Box Hill

Good answer. I deserved that.

Mind u id love Lance at Box Hill.

Im sure DC would too.

Consider my last post void.

And my resignation from all bud contracts talks from here on..

What makes you think he's going anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back