Fraser Gehrig: The most unlikely cult status player in footy history?

Remove this Banner Ad

So the big man was just on fox footy’s pre-game “ entertainment” getting interviewed about something I wasn’t listening to very closely.
But the mere sight of his giant melon head and his odd body language and rapid fire sarcastic mirth made it all so endearing to see him back on the big screen.

He’s got to be the ultimate cult figure that all footy fans loved to watch play with a head only a mother could love.

I remember his insanely high ball drop when kicking, running like a demented giraffe and kicking amazing goals from all angles. He kicked 549 goals from 260 games.

He was the most unlikely league player to have ever touched the hearts of all footy fans.

All Australian selected twice, to my surprise while reading his Wikipedia page I learnt he was a massive 6’5 100kg giant. Which is all the more baffling as he processed the innate baulking skills of Dusty..but in slow motion.

Give us your stories and memories of the incomparable ‘G-Train’ ..especially WC and Saints fans. 😊View attachment 1127468

6'5". So:
  1. Fraser has shrunk?
  2. Kath is a 6 footer?
  3. Kath is standing on a box?

So the big man was just on fox footy’s pre-game “ entertainment” getting interviewed about something I wasn’t listening to very closely.
But the mere sight of his giant melon head and his odd body language and rapid fire sarcastic mirth made it all so endearing to see him back on the big screen.

He’s got to be the ultimate cult figure that all footy fans loved to watch play with a head only a mother could love.

I remember his insanely high ball drop when kicking, running like a demented giraffe and kicking amazing goals from all angles. He kicked 549 goals from 260 games.

He was the most unlikely league player to have ever touched the hearts of all footy fans.

All Australian selected twice, to my surprise while reading his Wikipedia page I learnt he was a massive 6’5 100kg giant. Which is all the more baffling as he processed the innate baulking skills of Dusty..but in slow motion.

Give us your stories and memories of the incomparable ‘G-Train’ ..especially WC and Saints fans. 😊View attachment 1127468
Does he work for Deliveroo now?
Not sure about other clubs but LRT is the ultimate Swans cult hero. No one on the Swans board will ever say a bad word about him.
That's only because I don't visit the Swans board anymore ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hal Hunter is the most unlikely of cult heroes.

This Hal Hunter ?

“A former Essendon footballer has petitioned Premier Daniel Andrews and the state government to allow tattoo parlours to reopen in late October.
Hal Hunter, the first Essendon player to sue the club and the AFL who reached an out-of-court settlement from the drugs saga that stretched from 2013 until 2016, has launched a petition online that garnered more than 11,000 signatures since Sunday night”

Haven't read the thread but saw him give a pie away to a kid during the game.. he had at least one on the go for himself at the time so not sure how magnanimous but probably still my favourite ex-The West Coast player if I had to pick one.

I saw that ..hilarious stuff

no sauce offered though

probably didn’t grab enough free (stolen) satchels

Remove this Banner Ad

Fraser Gehrig: The most unlikely cult status player in footy history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back