Free Agency Targets After 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

This is another reason for us to hurry the **** up and improve the clubs training and rehab facilities. Under the cap a player could potentially earn the same money at multiple clubs. Where said player finally decides to got will come down to who can offer the best facilities. As Lyon said the club has "adequate" facilities, well adequate isn't going to cut it for a big name looking to extend their carreer.

Take Tippett for example, the Crows are going to run the risk they can re-sign him. Fat chance.

In the present climate, is that a big risk? Brisbane let Mitch Clark come out of contract, we let Rhys Palmer etc. Even if Tippet wants to leave Adelaide after this year, Adelaide will still suck out a reasonable-to-good deal for him. He won't qualify for free agency.

Here are the positives and Negatives that I think will affect the W.A teams.

Positive:

We will be able to attract some of the W.A players who want to go home.

Negatives:

Players who want a long career will not want to stay in W.A due to all the travel.

We are a young team and as such do not have a historical following as much as the Vic Clubs of 1st formed teams in each state (Eagles/Crows/Sydney)

Getting an interstate player to stay will be harder for us.

Ah screw it I am tired and can't be bothered going through all the positives and negatives anymore so I'll just leave it at that and post it seeing as I spent 3 minutes on it. Enjoy

You
are
dreaming.:rolleyes:
Watch the AFLPA get this changed to players with 5 years on a list within a few years.

Paying big dollars to 28 year olds will get very stale very quickly.

And then watch it become a true free and open market.

Before the end of this decade we will replicate the EPL, NFL and any other big sporting league on the planet.

It's not a matter of if, but when.

Ofcourse once they change the rules to be less strict it will completely change football an players will be leaving all the time.
I was saying how it is now it wont have much effect.

Does anyone know what percentage of our salary cap we are currently paying? I read that Melbourne will only be paying 92.5 percent of their cap next yr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Targets After 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back