Free Agents

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Borgsta
thats absolutely ridiculous, Boozer has lost all respect from me and Im sure many other people around the world. What an absolute ****!
From the principle point of view its a dog thing to do but when you thikn about it, $18million difference is a fair chunk.

I don't think it would have been an easy decision to make for Boozer. Having said that Cavs did get r*ped.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
From the principle point of view its a dog thing to do but when you thikn about it, $18million difference is a fair chunk.

...but if Boozer and his agent approached the Cavs saying they would resign (which is one possibility, and the one that has been reported), Boozer has taken the Cavs for a ride.

He could've signed a 6-year MLE with an opt-out clause after the first year if he was still max-worthy.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18

I don't think it would have been an easy decision to make for Boozer. Having said that Cavs did get r*ped.

The Cavs also could have forced him to play for under $1 million this year. Karma exists and Boozer will get his I think.

What a classless move by Boozer.

All this crap how he wants to be lebrons teammate, he and his wife love cleveland etc etc... then he goes and signs for more money.

Pathetic, crap move...Expect him to be booed at every arena next season, I thought he was better than this.

How dare Booz make money his sole focus.

The NBA has no loyalty whatsover. Owners and players alike are in the game for themselves, not there to make others happy.

Carlos is now like almost every other baller in the NBA. Big deal.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
How dare Booz make money his sole focus.

The NBA has no loyalty whatsover. Owners and players alike are in the game for themselves, not there to make others happy.

Carlos is now like almost every other baller in the NBA. Big deal.

I disagree. While Carlos was quite entitled to look out for his own interests financially, technically he shouldn't have been able to do that until after next season. Cleveland made the gesture of releasing him from the last year of his rookie deal (for a measly 700K) to enable Boozer to get his money earlier from the Cavs, and he turns around and stabs them in the back. In other words, he's managed to get out of his contract a year earlier than he should have, and then gone off and left Cleveland in the cold. That's BS.

The NBA has no loyalty, but it was still a classless move from a guy who I thought had some. If a Memphis player did what Boozer did, you would be angry too. There's a difference between leaving when you're a free agent, and negotiating a contract release early (that Cleveland were very much entitled to deny) and then p*ssing off.

In addition to bringing back Ginobili, the Spurs have reached agreement on a three-year contract worth about $13 million with forward Bruce Bowen. The deal has a fourth-year at the team's option that if not exercised guarantees Bowen $2 million.

Spurs officials have been encouraged by their talks with Seattle free-agent guard Brent Barry. They also have spoken with the agent for former Spurs guard Stephen Jackson, but Jackson is likely seeking a deal similar to the one Orlando gave Turkoglu.
Ginobili's contract, which will average more than $8.5 million annually, represents not only his value to the franchise, but also how much teams have increased their spending on free agents this summer.

Boozer to Utah?

Utah agreed to a contract with Carlos Boozer. How did the Cavaliers lose their hold on Boozer? Cleveland Plain Dealer broke down the scenario before Thursday's news broke. If the Cavaliers and Pistons can't match offers for Boozer and Okur, the duo would join All-Star Andrei Kirilenko to form a stellar front line in Utah.

So my personal opinoin is that it is poor form the cavs because they had boozer. They just were stupid, and now Utah have pounced and good on them:D

Re: Boozer to Utah?

Originally posted by catland2
Utah agreed to a contract with Carlos Boozer. How did the Cavaliers lose their hold on Boozer? Cleveland Plain Dealer broke down the scenario before Thursday's news broke. If the Cavaliers and Pistons can't match offers for Boozer and Okur, the duo would join All-Star Andrei Kirilenko to form a stellar front line in Utah.

So my personal opinoin is that it is poor form the cavs because they had boozer. They just were stupid, and now Utah have pounced and good on them:D

What happened to your own little 'discussion' in your thread? :rolleyes:

Its taken us 6 years to re-build and we are still horrible, the Jazz have re-built a contender in 1 season.

PG - Arroyo - Lopez - Williams
SG - Giricek - Snyder
SF - Kirilenko - Harpring
PF - Boozer - Humphries
C - Okur - Collins

They also got the best coach in the NBA... whats the bet this new young team has a top 5 seed in the west.

Hilarity would ensure if Cleveland (somehow) and Detroit matched Boozer and Okur respectively. 1% chance of that happpening though.

Meanwhile, Atlanta has offered KMart - the maximum, yo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:p
K-Mart will sign it in 5 days, unless Nuggets give him the same offer and he will sign there. No way New Jersey pays the max to K-Mart, I think they are going to trade Kidd and re-build.

Maybe this is a sign that the luxury tax will be abolished...Everyones overpaying, Spurs gave 50 mil to their 6th man!

Isiah is willing to offer 60 mil/ 6 yrs for Jamal Crawford!!

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Isiah is willing to offer 60 mil/ 6 yrs for Jamal Crawford!!

Too bad it contravenes all NBA salary cap regulations... (unless his S&Ting)

Nevertheless, Paxson would be crazy not to resign Crawford. Hinrich, Gordon and Crawford has a lot of flexibility to it... as JC can play 1-guard w/ Gordon or 2-guard w/ Hinrich.

Originally posted by Bresh
Too bad it contravenes all NBA salary cap regulations... (unless his S&Ting)

Nevertheless, Paxson would be crazy not to resign Crawford. Hinrich, Gordon and Crawford has a lot of flexibility to it... as JC can play 1-guard w/ Gordon or 2-guard w/ Hinrich.

Yea obviously its in a s & t, Jamal wants more than the MLE... I reckon the most the Bulls will give him is 5.5 mil.

I like it how no one has offered a contract to Eric Williams, I hope he falls into our hands.. him and Brian Cardinal would top off a great off-season for Chicago.

And I seriously think Gordon at 6'2 can guard SG'S better than 6'5 Jamal.

Originally posted by mattyc2422
Yeah, but Manu is likely to be our starting SG in the coming season.

:cool:

Manu is pretty awesome off the bench and so far during his NBA career I reckon hes proved more valuable off the bench, sort of like Al Harrington.

Hes a good player but yous had to overpay to keep him :) . Why dont teams offer 3 year contracts to young prospects, at the very worst you have to buy out a player for under a million dollars or somethin like that.

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
And I seriously think Gordon at 6'2 can guard SG'S better than 6'5 Jamal.

Nothing to do with defense, they'll be screwed either way... but on offense, having Jamal out there will mean Air Gordon is guarded by PGs, i.e. guys no bigger than himself, as JC will draw the 2-guard. Otherwise he'll get fairly owned.

Yea, gotta see what happens.. I dont think Pax is really sold on Jamal, id prefer to keep him because we cant afford to lose anymore talent. I think Pax would rather sign Macijauskas from europe however...hes regarded as one of the best 3 pt shooters in the world, hes 6'4 SG but cant play D... propably would make Jamal look like Pip in his prime.

Gordon played SG almost his whole college career, and although in college theres much more likjely to be 6'2 6'3 SG'S, he did school alot of taller players, and his elevation on his shot is awesome.

ESPN Insider Chad Ford reported Friday afternoon that the Bucks were seriously considering offering the Wizards' big man a six-year deal for between $37 and $39 million -- roughly the full mid-level exception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back