Free Agents

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by mattyc2422
Word is that the Barry to SA deal is 'pretty much' done. 4 year deal has been agreed.

Not official yet though.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837273
looks like he chose the spurs over the sonics & blazers.

gives the spurs a lot of flexibility in the backcourt...what would the starting lineup be - parker/barry/bowen with manu off the bench?

I guess this signing means the spurs aren't looking to get s-jax back now...

Originally posted by Borgsta
Brian Cardinal has agreed to a contract with the Grizz for $39mil over 6 years

Jesus, this is getting out of hand now. Good solid role player on a losing team, but at almost 7 mill a year?!

At least Brent is going to a team I like and respect, and it wasn't about money. I'll be rooting for a Spurs championship for his sake now.

Originally posted by hans moleman
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837273
looks like he chose the spurs over the sonics & blazers.

gives the spurs a lot of flexibility in the backcourt...what would the starting lineup be - parker/barry/bowen with manu off the bench?

I guess this signing means the spurs aren't looking to get s-jax back now...
Good signing, but I still woulda liked Sjax back in the fold.

I'd play with Bowen/Manu/Parker in the first match, backed up primarily by Barry and Devin Brown. Udrih could get time if he impresses during summer leagues too.

I'd still like a cheap SF. Wesley Person perhaps, I dunno.

Spurs officials spent much of Friday shuttling between negotiations with Barry's agent and Stephen Jackson's representatives. Barry's lower price tag, in addition to his versatility, impacted the team's decision. Considering this year's market for free agents, Jackson could end up receiving a six-year, $40 million contract from another team.

Hmm, I'd probably prefer SJax for 6years/40 mil than Barry (who turns 33 soon...) 3 years/20+mil but so be it. Need $ to re-sign TP next offseason.

What an off-season, every single player has been overpaid by miles. Cardinal, hes a good role player but cmon the full MLE? Id expect him to sign between 1.5 and at the most 2.5 a year.

Thank god the Bulls havent done somethin stupid, but with the rumoured Knick trade expected to be completed soon.....my joy may soon end.

And Barry a 4 year deal? Thats incredible, maybe theres a team option?

Brian Skinner's deal of 5/25 is really 4/19 (still overpaid)...theres a team option for the 5th year.

Harrington for SJax

The Atlanta Hawks and the Indiana Pacers have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with guard Stephen Jackson, ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher reported Saturday night.

Stephen Jackson
Guard-Forward
Atlanta Hawks

2003-2004 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
80 18.1 4.6 3.1 .425 .785

The Hawks will re-sign Jackson to a six-year, $44 million deal and then trade him to the Pacers for forward Al Harrington. The trade cannot take place until at least July 14th, per NBA rules.

Earlier Saturday, ESPN Insider Chad Ford reported that Jackson was on his way to the Pacers and that Indiana was now looking to offload Harrington.

The Pacers have been looking for some athleticism and perimeter shooting in their backcourt and Jackson, who has championship experience with the Spurs, can provide both.

Jackson averaged 18.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game last season in his only campaign as a Hawk. That followed his breakout season in San Antonio, where he averaged 11.8 points per game for the 2002-03 NBA champions.

If the Nets don't match for Martin, then with him and Harrington they may win 20 games next year!

Re: Harrington for SJax

Originally posted by Hawka Deano
The Atlanta Hawks and the Indiana Pacers have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with guard Stephen Jackson, ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher reported Saturday night.

etc, etc...

It was bound to happen....Harrington gets to start and should put up around 18 and 8 per.

Jackson brings some much needed perimeter shooting off the bench for us.

Pistons to sign McDyess for 5 yrs/30 mil

My god this off-season is incredible.

Everyone expected nobody to give Dyess more than 2 yrs and possibly only the lower exception.... and in the off-season from hell someone nearly gives him the max MLE.

Jackson and Al will both fit in well at their new teams i reckon.

Oberto, an Argentine will decide on his future in a few days. Don't be suprised if it's SA.

Scola probably won't come in yet cos of his buyout.

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Pistons to sign McDyess for 5 yrs/30 mil

My god this off-season is incredible.

Everyone expected nobody to give Dyess more than 2 yrs and possibly only the lower exception.... and in the off-season from hell someone nearly gives him the max MLE.

yeah i was surprised about the length...

...from a fan's view here's hoping he has an injury free season....but from a Pacers point of view I don't want that to happen.

Does Detroit still have room to sign Sheed, or is that an indication he is headed elsewhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Detroit still have room to sign Sheed, or is that an indication he is headed elsewhere?

joe dumars seems to think they can keep sheed. the contracts being thrown around in this off season are nothing short of obscene.

all that said, a fit mcdyess would help counter the loss of okur.

The Sonics' pursuit of Derek Fisher lacks the drama of Fisher's miracle last-second shot against the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA playoffs.

But with only two days until teams can start signing free agents, the Sonics are thought to be making a push for the Lakers' unrestricted free-agent point guard. Fisher, 6 feet 1, was scheduled to visit Seattle this weekend. It is believed that he was in town yesterday.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/181702_sonx12.html

2004: the year a lot of NBA teams shot themselves in the foot.

Utah:Carlos Boozer:six-year, $68 million-good young player but $68 million?????

Spurs:Manu Ginobili six-year, $52 million with the Spurs- i love manu but again 52 million???he is nearly 27 so in his prime but only averaging 12.8 ppg.......

Suns:Steve Nash six-year, $65 million deal-way too much money for a PG at his age.is he really a improvement on marbury,that is the queston that should be asked?

Nuggets Marcus Camby $60 to $65 million-never played more than 72 games in a season.averaged 8 and 7 and this was a contract year.joke

Mark Blount (Celtics): $40 million, four years-nice servicable big man but 40 million.

Warriors Adonal Foyle :five-year, $41 million deal. -ouch,averaged 3 and 3 last year....

Originally posted by jerry springer
Nuggets Marcus Camby $60 to $65 million-never played more than 72 games in a season.averaged 8 and 7 and this was a contract year.joke

Warriors Adonal Foyle :five-year, $41 million deal. -ouch,averaged 3 and 3 last year....
I'm glad that Camby stayed with the Nugs. A good friend of mine is a Colorado boy and they've been the laughing stock for years and haven't held on to their good players. Whether he's worth that much is debatable, but there are some positive signs coming out of Denver with Anthony leading the way.

As for Foyle, I agree with you, but I guess with Damp moving on, they figure he might have a bigger role next season. Still...$41 mill...ouch!

Originally posted by jerry springer

Camby was huge for the Nuggets this season, and his numbers were closer to 9 and 11.

Karl Malone sounds like a man itching to become a Spur.

Declaring that the biggest obstacle to signing on with the Spurs isn't the money they have — or don't have — to offer him, but his own desire to be "100-Karl Malone percent" after surgery to repair a torn right knee ligament, Malone said that since he became a free agent on July 1 he has had productive talks about joining the Spurs.

"Without a doubt I'm serious (about the Spurs)," Malone said by phone Monday evening. "I'm past the game-playing. It's not like going to college and you want to talk to every team interested. That's not my intention. If I want to continue to play I'd definitely like to be closer to back home."

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by mattyc2422

Karl Malone sounds like a man itching to become a Spur.

Declaring that the biggest obstacle to signing on with the Spurs isn't the money they have — or don't have — to offer him, but his own desire to be "100-Karl Malone percent" after surgery to repair a torn right knee ligament, Malone said that since he became a free agent on July 1 he has had productive talks about joining the Spurs.

"Without a doubt I'm serious (about the Spurs)," Malone said by phone Monday evening. "I'm past the game-playing. It's not like going to college and you want to talk to every team interested. That's not my intention. If I want to continue to play I'd definitely like to be closer to back home."

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

please GOD no:mad:

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pistons13e_20040713.htm

McDyess agreed Monday to a four-year, $23-million offer from the Pistons, the Free Press has learned. A fifth year would kick in if he played 60 games in the fourth year.

McDyess, once one of the top young power forwards in the NBA, cannot sign a contract until Wednesday, when the NBA lifts its two-week moratorium on free-agent signings and trades.

At that time, the Pistons also will announce the signing of free agent Rasheed Wallace, their starting power forward. A person close to the negotiations said Wallace would agree to a five- or six-year deal that pays $10 million the first year and had a 12.5 percent raise each season. The total value of the contract would be $48 million or $64 million.

With McDyess and Wallace on their roster, the Pistons will not match the six-year, $50-million offer sheet that Mehmet Okur received last week from Utah. Officially, the Pistons will have until July 29 to decide whether to match that offer, but because of salary cap rules and because of their present contracts, that would be impossible.

Anders Nocioni highly rated 24 yr old Argentine... him and his agents have been given plane tickets to come to chicago and sign a contract tomorrow.

Hes got a 2 mil buyout so the rest of the MLE will likely goto his salary, so it seems we are out of the free agent market...but im very happy because Ive heard about this guy and he is expected to be nba ready, and he dunked on KG at the worlds :p

[Nocioni's] agent says that in his opinion on a scale of 1 to 10 he sees the chances as a 7.5 to 8.5 for Nocioni to be in Chicago this season.

In other free agent news.

Confirmed

- Doleac has signed a 4 year deal with Miami
- Jason Collier has signed a 2 yr 1.5 mil a yr deal with Atlanta (I think)

Waiting to be matched

- Etan Thomas has signed a MLE with Milwaukee, but the Wizards can match. 6 yrs/39 mil.

A few Grizzlies snippets:

* We have told all teams that we will match ANY offer given to Stromile Swift. Jerry West sees him as a key component to our defence.

* We are still trying to execute a sign-and-trade for Erick Dampier. The deal would see us give up Shane Battier. Only thing holding the deal up is Golden State's unwillingness to help Dampier with such a deal.

* If that deal falls through, the Grizzlies may send a package of Wells, Outlaw (big contract) and Dahntay Jones to Indy for Ron Artest, whose agent is the same as Brian Cardinal's.

* With the Grizzlies slightly over the cap, and having significant depth at the 4, 3 and 2, a trade is certain. If none of the above can be done, the Grizzies are likely to trade one of Wells/Miller/Battier along with Outlaw and a guard, simply for draft picks and a filler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back