Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy's always been a big galumph of a lad. Can't change his basics much I guess, but he always seems to droop compared to his ruck opponents.

Any physiologists out there who can comment whether it'd improve his game to slump less and firm up a bit more?

Yeah we don't really have any kids left to play.

In theory* we could:
  • Rest Pearce or Cox and bring in Davies.
  • Rest Ryan and bring in Draper.
  • Rest Walters and bring in Emmett.
*But in reality whilst I rate all of those juniors, given where they are at with their development, and given that I expect that most players (that stay with us) are going to have important roles to play going forward, I don't see there being any development value in bringing them in. The best thing in preparation for next season is to:
  • get some wins out of the last few games of the season where we can,
  • Get Amiss, Jackson and Treacy kicking goals from rebounding ball, bringing back our attack out of our defence (we might need to experiment with that).
  • Work on avoiding four goal run ons by opposition teams (this might mean trying some different strategies when we hit two goal run ons) and
  • splitting the honours on first quarters.
Given we have given our top pick is with someone else, and our second rounder is in the hands of a team that is likely going to finish poorly, there are no arguments/incentives for going in crazy young over trying to get as much confidence out of the group we already have in and building a winning run.

Freo average games this week: 70
Sydney? 124
GC and GWS? 98
North? 79
Hawks? 85
WCE? 117

last week we had 75 games experience on average Vs Collingwood‘s 134.

i think we are playing the kids.
The years of injuries have kind of hurt us when it comes to games played.

Sturt
Pearce
Switkowski
Hamling

All in the 22 and all should have played at least another 1-2 seasons worth of football had they not had awful injury runs.

I think the lack of experience in senior players hurts us as well.

The years of injuries have kind of hurt us when it comes to games played.

Sturt
Pearce
Switkowski
Hamling

All in the 22 and all should have played at least another 1-2 seasons worth of football had they not had awful injury runs.

I think the lack of experience in senior players hurts us as well.
Trading players like Matera, Wilson, Lobb, Hogan etc limits the number of games current players have.

Not only do they cost us draft picks and talent, they cost players experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In theory* we could:
  • Rest Pearce or Cox and bring in Davies.
  • Rest Ryan and bring in Draper.
  • Rest Walters and bring in Emmett.
*But in reality whilst I rate all of those juniors, given where they are at with their development, and given that I expect that most players (that stay with us) are going to have important roles to play going forward, I don't see there being any development value in bringing them in. The best thing in preparation for next season is to:
  • get some wins out of the last few games of the season where we can,
  • Get Amiss, Jackson and Treacy kicking goals from rebounding ball, bringing back our attack out of our defence (we might need to experiment with that).
  • Work on avoiding four goal run ons by opposition teams (this might mean trying some different strategies when we hit two goal run ons) and
  • splitting the honours on first quarters.
Given we have given our top pick is with someone else, and our second rounder is in the hands of a team that is likely going to finish poorly, there are no arguments/incentives for going in crazy young over trying to get as much confidence out of the group we already have in and building a winning run.

Emmitt is shit

Happy that Darcy is getting surgery now instead of in a month.
Seems they were waiting until there was absolutely no hope left of a miracle run to finals.
It would be Champagne Dockery if Sean were to be poached at the end of the season and finish his career with us on 98 games, play over 100 at another club and his kids are guns.

INJURY LIST
Bailey Banfield (knee laceration) – Test
James Aish (quad) – Test
Nathan O’Driscoll (calf) – Test
Will Brodie (ankle) – 1 week
Karl Worner (calf) – 1 week
Josh Draper (groin) – 1 week
Brennan Cox (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Nat Fyfe (foot) – Season
Sean Darcy (ankle) – Season
Brandon Walker (knee) – Season
Sebit Kuek (knee) – Season

Surely it doesn't take that long for a healthy sub 30yo to recover. The off season is long. I'd prefer the group to play out the season if they are able.

Surely sending Darcy for surgery is a sign he isn't going anywhere. If you knew he was leaving you'd just run him into the ground like the eagles did with Judd's groin.
Was that the Eagles that did that to his groin? I thought that was Becca...

INJURY LIST
Bailey Banfield (knee laceration) – Test
James Aish (quad) – Test
Nathan O’Driscoll (calf) – Test
Will Brodie (ankle) – 1 week
Karl Worner (calf) – 1 week
Josh Draper (groin) – 1 week
Brennan Cox (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Nat Fyfe (foot) – Season
Sean Darcy (ankle) – Season
Brandon Walker (knee) – Season
Sebit Kuek (knee) – Season
Worner, Kuek and Brodie injuries all at the worst possible time - each of them could have been potential ins over the last five weeks.

Hopefully Worner and Brodie are able to get a game or two in still this year.

I worry that we will rush Noddy and Cox back too soon just because we are down a few players, would rather see the likes of Colyer or Wilson get a game or two if it meant we could look after the younger injured guys and let them recover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back