Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy **** Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the AFL statement that umpires did not hear the dissent , this seems to being reported in various media outlets but no official statements from the umpires. Watching the video replay of the event, there is no way the umpire did not hear jordan. they were very close, and even players further from Jordan than the umpire, quickly came to Jordan to calm him down. So they all heard it.
You're very engaged with taking an oppositional stance on a Freo player, aren't you?

In the article above, Pearce says "you can't win every game". Pearce is one of my fave's, and realistically he's probably right, but am I the only one who doesn't like to hear leaders saying that? I want us to be absolutely ruthless. I can't imagine Luke Hodge or Joel Selwood saying that.....
I agree with him hence am fairly calm about this debacle

A loss keeps the boys on edge and lets them learn how to improve

Winning too many games early in the season invariably ends in tragedy from what I’ve seen ( undoubtedly someone will come back with stats proving me wrong )

Maybe not the place to ask this , but what do you see the problems are with four umpires?
I think having so many on the ground allows them to doze off a bit and miss the frees.
When you consider that the third umpire was brought into play, it was to stop the behind the scens thuggery. With so many cameras now, having three is a luxury, but four is a disaster.
As per the game under discussion.
One umpire called touched ball, play on. The other took no notice of the call and paid the mark.
I have never seen an umpire that made a call away from the play have his decison overturned by the ruling umpire.
Four umpires just adds inconsistency regarding rules like insufficient attempt, judging whether a mark is held or not, dissent, etc. In the old days umpires that had a lot more experience would overrule those in control with less experience. Razor Ray is one that would do it in his latter years.

In my Bizarro Jerry world I want them to win every game this season , drink so much bath water that they explode and then go out in straight sets in finals so we can all sit on our verandahs in WA and hear the moans and wailing coming from Melbourne, wafting the through the air

Carlton you mean? Because if so, yes, would be funny AF as long as Port isn't the one to knock them out.

Alright to have the attitude to put it behind us as it is only Round 4 but will be interesting if we miss the finals by 1 game. Also it is good that we keep bringing attention to the AFL on the screw ups they make so they can actually fix the game instead of discussing stupid things like next year fixtures in the Barossa valley or perhaps a Round -1.

I reckon the silver lining is we’re getting the rub of the green for a while.
I assume you're hinting at this from a "make-up calls" perspective, but also I think it helps that the media narrative coming from Freo figures has been "move on, there was a lot of other stuff we did wrong". It's not what fans want to hear because everyone wants to go scorched earth on the umps (for valid reasons), but it's probably the right thing to say and for the club to think.

For the NBA fans here, something similar happened to SGA a couple years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t the worst? He got annihilated by Weitering, outright losing two 1v1 marking contests and did almost nothing outside one single moment in the game. I mean, Draper was comfortably the worst I suppose but I’m not sure many others had less impact than Tabs
Thought Draper was pretty good to be fair considering his experience.

Just keeps getting better and better 😃😃

If that’s paid a mark every day of the week then why is the rule even in place since it clearly can’t be adjudicated properly
I was calm but that has really yanked my chain
FMD 🤬

We get severely ****ed over: "Just a quirky game guys!" 😂

If it was Blues on the weekend can't imagine all the articles and headlines in outrage there'd be.
Oh there is plenty being said

I reckon I’ve listened to every AFL talk show today and it’s a hot topic

Repercussion will be that they bring in the captains review challenge rule when Carlton or Collingwood request it in the near future to get them over the line
F*n stinks man !

Freo marks inside 50m Round 1 - 3 - 12, 15, 10. Only 7 marks inside 50m vs Carlton and the only one that ended up in a goal was the one Amiss took in the goalsquare.

Thought Draper was pretty good to be fair considering his experience.
I don’t want it to be seen as taking a potshot at the guy, I’ve said a 3rd game McPharlin wouldn’t stand a chance in that situation but if you watch the replay look for how many 1v1 contests he even halved.

Not his fault but we win the game with Cox or McDonald comfortably IMO

I don’t want it to be seen as taking a potshot at the guy, I’ve said a 3rd game McPharlin wouldn’t stand a chance in that situation but if you watch the replay look for how many 1v1 contests he even halved.

Not his fault but we win the game with Cox or McDonald comfortably IMO
Yeah I wrote post game that he did well to keep Curnow goalless in the first but upon further reflection that was mostly due to our team defence.

I’m happy with the way the coach, captain and club have responded to all of this so far.

It’s one thing for us as fans to get irate about the umpires but it’s never a great look when clubs come out and whinge about umpiring. As the club has said, there was stuff we got wrong in the dying minutes of the game.

As a fan though, Carlton are a bunch of cnuts and the umpires are ****ed. Need the Port game to come around quickly so I can delete this cluster**** from my brain.

It’s still not clear to me whether any of the umps (other than the controlling umpire) saw or called the ball touched, but chose not to step in and overturn the decision?

I guess if the AFL had that information it would never be released in any case.

It’s still not clear to me whether any of the umps (other than the controlling umpire) saw or called the ball touched, but chose not to step in and overturn the decision?

I guess if the AFL had that information it would never be released in any case.

There was audio just then on On the Couch of one of the umpires specifically denying he had called it touched, to a Freo player immediately after the mark was paid. Ie it appears the Freo player suggested this ump had called it touched, but the umpire says it was probably a player or players that called it, not him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back