Fremantle & Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Please advise which players you think are rotting in the WAFL ?.

We can have an informed discussion.

You will never get a reply from this poster unless its a childish comment that has nothing to do with anything. He/she is known for making comments then going hiding when someone questions him/her.

To me it's not even who is playing in the walf; I just don't think Lyon has recruited well, period. Not to mention none of the gets from other clubs have really paid off all that well. They remind me of how the saints used to be where they would just get dregs from other teams.

To me it's not even who is playing in the walf; I just don't think Lyon has recruited well, period. Not to mention none of the gets from other clubs have really paid off all that well. They remind me of how the saints used to be where they would just get dregs from other teams.

I think we can give the new recruits more than one game before we declare whether they've paid off or not. I'm expecting all but Kersten to be good additions to the club.

Heh, what a weird post. Saints appointed Walls to pick a coach because they had no idea how to appoint one themselves. This was because Butterss appointed his mate. In the end, Walls appointed his mate.

When will the saints make finals again? It's been six years.
Yes I'm sure that's it

because the inference that a st kilda appointed panel including a number of st kilda current and past employees didnt find their own coach is utterly hilarious

you guys continue to find new and wonderful ways of telling your self its all going to be ok. fremantle supporters sure do say the darnedest things

just when i thought it was impossible for freo supporters to plumb to any further into the crap heap, you start posting. please dont ever change :D
And whenever I though the saints couldt find other ways to lose. They managed to lose to west coast in round. Freo wont be the only owen 2 team tonight.

And whenever I though the saints couldt find other ways to lose. They managed to lose to west coast in round. Freo wont be the only owen 2 team tonight.

Along with Sydney and Hawthorn. Gee what piss poor company to be in hey ;)

Yeah and i cant believe he sold the farm to get them all to the club.

How many times does this get covered and covered. Notwithstanding that I disagree with the broader assertion that we have recruited 'badly' Ross is not responsible for recruitment, that is in Chris Bonds remit and the club and Ross have been very clear that Bondy has the final say. The recruitment staff report to Bondy, not to Ross.

And before you come back with some stupid reply, yes Ross has a say, but if the issues at Freo were recruitment related (they're not) then its Bond that should be under scrutiny.

It's as if folks think that the Senior Coach is responsible for everything that goes on at a football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol in what decade will freo be able to hit the front vs wce for more than a qtr

I can't see freo being competitive against them for a long long long time and you know what I think deep down you know it even if you won't admit it on here

Lol in what decade will freo be able to hit the front vs wce for more than a qtr

I can't see freo being competitive against them for a long long long time and you know what I think deep down you know it even if you won't admit it on here
West Coast fielded the oldest team in the league last week - older than any other by a full year.

If they don't win this year they're facing the same cliff as Freo is, if not worse.

It's funny, another season passed and you are still more interested in Freo than your own team. I thought maybe you would come out of your purple closet by now.

So you think we will end up like Richmond post 1982 then? Go look at Freos history, Law of avaerges say even if Freo are out of the finals for3 straight years, they eventually improve. I have been a dockers fan since 2001 and this rebuild will be no different than 2007-9. We Also at that point had an ageing squad so old that we only had only 7 guys aged 23 or under which was the likes of Rhys Palmer, Chris Mayne, Clayton hinkley Garrick Ibbotson etc.

Freos current talent in 2017 aged 23 or under are Blakely, Ed Langdon, Lachie Weller, Cam McCarthy, Alex Pearce, Lachie Neale and Brad Hill etc. Yep No quality youn talent coming through

West Coast fielded the oldest team in the league last week - older than any other by a full year.

If they don't win this year they're facing the same cliff as Freo is, if not worse.
Ahhhh cliffs and freo posters forecast. Just like freo were sooooo much better than st kilda and were never going to fall off the cliff because their recruitment and player development was sooooo much better. How did that one turn out?

Wce are a while away from falling off the cliff. Atleast 2 full seasons probably more.

Average age 26y 5 months.
It is one thing to finish bottom at the start of a rebuild with young players.
Another to do it with an old side......

Can't believe I'm defending Freo here but that average is not that bad and Sandilands drags that average up significantly - and everyone would agree that Freo without Sandi would suffer immensely and that there are no younger rucks able to replace him as of yet. Take him out and put an 18 year old beanpole in and suddenly Freo are middle of the road in terms of age. Only on BigFooty is it all about da yoof.

So you think we will end up like Richmond post 1982 then? Go look at Freos history, Law of avaerges say even if Freo are out of the finals for3 straight years, they eventually improve. I have been a dockers fan since 2001 and this rebuild will be no different than 2007-9. We Also at that point had an ageing squad so old that we only had only 7 guys aged 23 or under which was the likes of Rhys Palmer, Chris Mayne, Clayton hinkley Garrick Ibbotson etc.

Freos current talent in 2017 aged 23 or under are Blakely, Ed Langdon, Lachie Weller, Cam McCarthy, Alex Pearce, Lachie Neale and Brad Hill etc. Yep No quality youn talent coming through
You couldn't even see the rebuild coming but suddenly you know when it will be completed by? Right.

Said this before and I'll say it again I don't think you realise how hard it is to rebuild a side now with compromised drafts and a draft pool that is not what it was 10 years ago.

The problem with freos approach is that it's centered around fyfe and winning a flag whilst the 25-27 year olds are still there. Theyre banking on a flag by 2020. So it's a mini rebuild done by attracting ready made players back to WA. Theyre essentially in a race against time to find the players before the likes of fyfe hill walters are still around. I don't think they have the talent for a mini rebuild that fast.

Rebuilds almost always take more than 4-5 years. You have to trade players out to maximise your picks and you go to the draft and then again and again. It's a long process. Freos mini rebuild requires them to retain the existing good players they have whilst obtaining more from trade. Any good player you trade in will require picks thereby meaning you can't hit the draft at the same time. Unless you have someone stupid behind the wheel like gubby allen, which won't happen again. Now before you highlight hamling and Kirsten they are not world beaters. Theyre depth. Theyre not going to win you games or improve your midfield.

If you lose fyfe the whole strategy goes out the window and plan b gets activated.

Who do you think he should bring in? I had a quick look down the list and I can't find Jonothan Brown's name anywhere.

Balic or any of your other kids in the WAFL instead of still giving games to Suban, Pearce, etc who are washed up at AFL level?

Start blooding the new kids for your future.

Balic or any of your other kids in the WAFL instead of still giving games to Suban, Pearce, etc who are washed up at AFL level?

Start blooding the new kids for your future.
Balic might not be there next year..homesick, wasn't too keen to be drafted there in the first place. Out of contract. Not getting games despite good wafl form

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle & Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back