C: Gilmore Rhys Palmer Peter Bell

HF: Brad Green Brad Miller Clint Bartram
HB: David Mundy Michael Johnson McManus

F: C Sylvia Russell Robertson Aaron Davey
B: Thornton Luke McPharlin G Ibbotson

Foll: Jeff White Brock McClean Nathan Jones
Foll: Sandilands Byron Schammer Ryan Crowley

I/C: Lynden Dunn Mark Jamar Wonamerri C Morton M Warnock
I/C: Mark Johnson Drum Mayne Hinkley Head Duffield Warnock O Brien M Carr Bradley

Out: In:
Grover (Inj) Tarrant
Hayden (Inj) Headland
Dodd (Inj) Warnock
J Carr (Susp) O Brien
Head
Mayne
Bradley
Duffield
M Carr
Mark Johnson

We are going to smash them....:D

I take it back, I take it back, but serisously can I go out on a limb here and say that we should win this one?

I am not sure anymore. I am just not sure.

if we lose to melbourne i we will never hear the end of it! luckily enough i think even subiaco could beat the dees at the moment so we should scrape home especially if we play like last week

if we lose to melbourne i we will never hear the end of it! luckily enough i think even subiaco could beat the dees at the moment so we should scrape home especially if we play like last week

Melbourne look good on paper and lets hope that it stays that way and not on the MCG on sunday. Hope we play with that ANZAC and Underdog Spirit , and if we dont we will be made to look very ordinary like we did against the tiggers...

Melbourne were also good against catters at skilled a couple of weeks ago but didnt help them in weeks after... we need to come up with a few tricks this week as i think sando will be paid a bit more respect from Connolly and co at melbourne..for me Jeffrey has to have a good day and another forward other than PAV , maybe Mcpharlin maybe be swung forward a kick a bag like he has done a few time against melbourne at the G. But in saying that with our backline losing so many players this week it will be a balancing act...

What other tricks may we have ???

Melbourne were also good against catters at skilled a couple of weeks ago
What other tricks may we have ???

Gilmore on the ball all day, tap it to him get it on the boot and give our 3 talls every chance of kicking the score.

I beleive if Thorton stays in the team he will play a key roll down back running through the lines to create the play so i would play him on there worst forward on either of the flanks and really try to expose him.

Definately time to unleash the Brockinator,
That would have to be the best trick we could play,
Melbourne wouldn't know what the ____ hit them. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gilmore on the ball all day, tap it to him get it on the boot and give our 3 talls every chance of kicking the score.

I beleive if Thorton stays in the team he will play a key roll down back running through the lines to create the play so i would play him on there worst forward on either of the flanks and really try to expose him.

Definately time to unleash the Brockinator,
That would have to be the best trick we could play,
Melbourne wouldn't know what the ____ hit them. :thumbsu:

The worst had a story saying Brock is well in the mix. He is either going to pack his bags for Melbourne or Kalgoorlie (with Peel to play Subiaco).

So lets way that up : Catch a train to the middle of the desert, to play an defeated side who is smashing everyone to play at Bouldar or Railways or the Kangas local footy club,
or catch a plane to Melbourne to play a team yet to win a game who has been smashed by everyone and play at the home of football.

I am really nervous for this one, I feel this game will ;) make or brake the season.

1-5 is a very poor start, but considering we played the top 2 (GEE, HAW), the two teams considered by most to be in the GF
Collingwood in Melbourne, finals last year, and playing some decent footy at times.
Adelaide in Aami, finals last year, and playing some decent footy as well.

In those 4 games we were competitive, and with a bit of luck we could have won at least 2 of them.

The only stand out was Richmond, the played great, and we were pathetic.

So although most people talk about rebuilding and look at the future, I still have good hope for this season, especially after last week's fight.

The key is the game against Melbourne (.... 'the who cares cup'.... well I bloody care A LOT).
If we play with the same intensity as last week, apply pressure, hit targets and kick goals, the game is ours, we should win with a nice margin and it can be a delayed take off for our season.
If we play as we did against Richmond, even Melbourne will be able to beat us.

So which if is it going to be??? Let it be the first!!!
It will give us some confidence and we can start building momentum, with the Doggies and Carlton comming up we have a good change of winning some games..... and Port.... well let's make up for last years mistake!!

Well this game won't "might make or break the season" it will. Could have said that about Geelong but we win and we are 2-5 and have at least SOMETHING to go on, 1-6 and I really shudder.

Would be great if Brock gets a go this weekend.

Well this game won't "might make or break the season" it will. Could have said that about Geelong but we win and we are 2-5 and have at least SOMETHING to go on, 1-6 and I really shudder.

Would be great if Brock gets a go this weekend.

Pretty sure he now goes by the name 'Emergency Brock O'Brien' just to make it easier on everyone.

Much like Medhurst has changed his name to 'Former Fremantle Docker Paul Medhurst' so journalist across the country can sound knowledgeable...

Few forced changes this week saves Macca and Schammer and puts us under a little bit more pressure than we already were. Seeing all the injuries are KEY backmen it will test the rest of our squad out a little but with Neitz out, it shouldn't be too bad.

My team would be:

Drum McPharlin Head
Thornton Mi Johnson Brock
Ibbo Palmer Mundy
Solly Tarrant Murphy
Farmer Pavlich Headland

Ruck: Sandi, Belly, Crowley
INT: Schammer, Hinkley, Gilmore, McManus.

OUTS: Grover (inj), Hayden (inj), Dodd (inj), Josh (susp).
INS: Brock, Des, Taz, Head.

I actually think that's a crap bench. Would love to see one more change but think 5 is unfortunately too many.

Other possible INS include: Foster and MaJ - both in top form. And surprisingly, Kep who has been in solid form and Warnock (who has been playing crap in wafl IMO and is only in line coz of the need to lighten the load on Sandi).

Well im hoping that melbourne get up
we have a chance and i think that if we can stop pav obviously that we can beat u guys.
Yes bring in valenti but plz leave out yze should have got rid of him in 01 to carlton

Well im hoping that melbourne get up
we have a chance and i think that if we can stop pav obviously that we can beat u guys.
Yes bring in valenti but plz leave out yze should have got rid of him in 01 to carlton

It's been proven time and time again that this just isn't the case. Fremantle have won plenty of games with Pav having little impact. Just like we have lost games when he's played well eg. Friday night against Geelong.

Obviously shutting down Pavlich will help, but stopping him doesn't guarantee a win.

If our middle tier players decide to show up we're a good chance to beat anyone, if they would rather be down at Margaret River having a surf we'll lose. As with all Fremantle games you will know in the first 5 minutes whether you're a chance or not.

It's been proven time and time again that this just isn't the case. Fremantle have won plenty of games with Pav having little impact. Just like we have lost games when he's played well eg. Friday night against Geelong.

Obviously shutting down Pavlich will help, but stopping him doesn't guarantee a win.

If our middle tier players decide to show up we're a good chance to beat anyone, if they would rather be down at Margaret River having a surf we'll lose. As with all Fremantle games you will know in the first 5 minutes whether you're a chance or not.

Thats it... i mean they seem to have forgotten that Headland destroyed them last year and pretty much won that game for us... not that it was ever in doubt haha

Unfortunately Schammer/Mcmanus/Thornton etc. are they key for this. What will annoy me is if Schammer and co. have really great games and retain there spot. Two garbage games against important opposition will be forgotten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle v Melbourne - Initial Squads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back