Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll kick 40 goals next year.
I’ve got no doubt about that.

I do however have significant doubt whether it will be for Fremantle. Surely we are not haggling with his management?

17 other clubs would bang the door down for a 40 goal a season medium forward.

I wonder what people thinks he’s worth in salary terms?
I’d say $450 to $500k on a 4 year deal

I’ve got no doubt about that.

I do however have significant doubt whether it will be for Fremantle. Surely we are not haggling with his management?

17 other clubs would bang the door down for a 40 goal a season medium forward.

I wonder what people thinks he’s worth in salary terms?
I’d say $450 to $500k on a 4 year deal

I'd offer him that.

After how much the club has backed him over the journey I’d be surprised if he dogged them like that
Doesn’t seem like that kind of guy

Looking forward to him in the team full time next year if he plays like he did yesterday

I want him re-signed yesterday but I'm pretty sure there's not much reason now for him to do it before end of season. He's getting better every week.

I know it's doom and gloom but honestly Treacy, Amiss, Bolton and Sturt is a 4 pronged goal scoring threat that is elite and worth being excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him re-signed yesterday but I'm pretty sure there's not much reason now for him to do it before end of season. He's getting better every week.

I know it's doom and gloom but honestly Treacy, Amiss, Bolton and Sturt is a 4 pronged goal scoring threat that is elite and worth being excited about.

I could probably count on one hand how many times in the last 10 years a best 22 player has finished the season for us unsigned and has stayed at the club.

In fact I can’t think of an example (I’m sure there’s some). It’s worrying if we don’t hear something in the next week or so.

I could probably count on one hand how many times in the last 10 years a best 22 player has finished the season for us unsigned and has stayed at the club.

In fact I can’t think of an example (I’m sure there’s some). It’s worrying if we don’t hear something in the next week or so.
Nah, it's been happening more and more. I know because I was doing the trading game on the DTFA board and a few re-sign after seasons end every year. I had to update my guess list every time someone would re-sign. Happens more than you think. They just aren't the massive names.

Name is gonna get brought up a lot in Bolton discussions, would like to nip this in the bud quickly and get him signed

Could be one that slips out due to a cap squeeze? You'd think we have to offer more to him than any of Banfield or Emmett types.
Losing him would be a disaster, regardless of who is brought in. Simply shouldnt happen. Still, the fact no one is mentioning him at all can only be positive

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back