Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and Jedi mind tricks had a long argument some 3 or 4 years ago when sturt was always injured and Dursma was doing well at Port. I think neither of us will win it as Dursma left to Victoria and Sturt also may go .....

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The talent is there with Sturt where Dursma came on quickly

I almost forgot our argument

I'm a Sturt believer now

Put your money where your mouth is big boy
Sturt is on another list in 2025 I leave BF
Sturt is at Freo 2025 you leave
Want to put your balls on the line or wimp out?
So let me get this right. A poster who has had 3 accounts wants to make a bet for someone to leave big footy which counts for nothing as you'll simply create another account if you loose. Which is totally fine but it does seem like a pointless bet. I think Sturt will stay and I'd be gutted if he left. Its an opinion based on the vibe he gives so absolutely nothing. I think he would be wanting a 3 year deal rather than 2 and thats why he's delayed contract talks to focus on his football and earn a longer deal. Again. Im basing that view on 'my gut feel and nothing concrete. Do you have any information that says he's likely to stay?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will really come down to the confidence in the knee.

If we've offered 3, and someone else has offered 5, it will come down to the medicos if we match or not.

3+ a trigger for 2 more Should be doable.

Also may be waiting to see what's going to be left in the bank with the targets being chased.

Mitch Cleary basically confirmed this morning on SEN that baker will look for a trade to west coast.

So your source is looking dodgy already…
Was genuinely a 50/50 with bakes until the last few weeks as far as I'm aware.

Things change all the time, and quickly.

Sturt's game on the weekend was pretty bad I must say.
He did lack composure but it was a murky mess in there and the kicking into the forward line was horrible. He got ignored on the lead a lot as well but I'm not sure he had great separation anyway. He looked spent as do quite a few of our players. A few of them need an injury free preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back