Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt will be a star next season, 40 goals plus, his pace is elite, his tackling and pressure has gotten better, I want a full 23 games next year.

We are going to kick the most goals in AFL history.
Treacy: 50
Amiss: 40
Sturt: 40
Bolton: 35
Pickett: 35

We are going to kick the most goals in AFL history.
Treacy: 50
Amiss: 40
Sturt: 40
Bolton: 35
Pickett: 35
On that note the expectations on how much our forwards kick do probably need to be dropped a little if we end up with a line up like that. There's only so many opportunities to share.

On that note the expectations on how much our forwards kick do probably need to be dropped a little if we end up with a line up like that. There's only so many opportunities to share.
Lowkey concerned on what happens when you bring two players that kick 40 goals a season together.

Lowkey concerned on what happens when you bring two players that kick 40 goals a season together.
Both also do well in goal assist stats I think they'll set each other up more than get in each others way. In my opinion the most exciting thing if we did get both would be how one of the two would by playing on the oppositions second best small defender. Also Switta will be matched on the oppositions third quickest small defender too. We would be absolute dynamite in transition.

Plus Freddy can play wing when not forward. After the Port game I never want to see O'Meara on a wing again. Fyfe and O'Meara were both struggling to keep up with their opposition player hugely in transition in that game. We need more speed on the outside midfield.

The media has a field day over poor performances and ignores common sense.

Had a quick look around the league and most clubs have 2-3 players kicking over 30 goals. There's a few with 4-5 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

selena s GIF

Has he actually signed or have we only got the "it is understood that he is close to signing" article
It's better than the Reidy one, but no formal proof yet. It was a guy from his player management company saying 2 years is basically done so it's pretty likely

Has he actually signed or have we only got the "it is understood that he is close to signing" article
We’re not announcing any contract extensions this year.

Clark, Simpson, Draper, Treacy the only ones, but none of them were out of contract to begin with.

Voss, Wagner, Banners, Sturt, Reidy all supposedly signed but not announced.

It's better than the Reidy one, but no formal proof yet. It was a guy from his player management company saying 2 years is basically done so it's pretty likely
The article that came out on afl.com.au afterwards said explicitly that Sturt had agreed to the contract.

FREMANTLE has rewarded forward Sam Sturtfor his impressive second half of the season, with the former first-round pick agreeing to a two-year extension that will see him through until free agency in 2026.

The article that came out on afl.com.au afterwards said explicitly that Sturt had agreed to the contract.
Yeah but I reckon that's just Beveridge going off his interview and adding some source. They've been that level of wrong before.

Yeah but I reckon that's just Beveridge going off his interview and adding some source. They've been that level of wrong before.
I don’t recall them ever being wrong on our players in that. If the player is still in discussions then they say that.

It’s as close to confirmation as we’ll get this year considering we’re not announcing any re signings for whatever reason

I don’t recall them ever being wrong on our players in that. If the player is still in discussions then they say that.

It’s as close to confirmation as we’ll get this year considering we’re not announcing any re signings for whatever reason
Could be that a 2 year at say 600 has been agreed to, but if things happen he’ll sign a 3 year at 500.

(As an example) (don’t think that’s the deal) (just that there may be a couple of options in front of these guys and there's an agreement in place)

FREMANTLE has rewarded forward Sam Sturtfor his impressive second half of the season, with the former first-round pick agreeing to a two-year extension that will see him through until free agency in 2026.
Nah, he has taken a certain liberty there, it isn't a done deal yet

unfortunately inside trading isn't the article it once was, they need to fill more airtime nowadays

I'm confident that talks are very advanced but Pickett entering the frame may throw a spanner in there

The talk on Bailey is different, he defs had a contract first, likely held off but decided to sign at the right time, Sam could definitely be pushed back

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back