Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, he has taken a certain liberty there, it isn't a done deal yet

unfortunately inside trading isn't the article it once was, they need to fill more airtime nowadays

I'm confident that talks are very advanced but Pickett entering the frame may throw a spanner in there

The talk on Bailey is different, he defs had a contract first, likely held off but decided to sign at the right time, Sam could definitely be pushed back
This from separate knowledge or your conclusions from the afl website?

I'm not too fussed either way. If he's signed, great, if not, he can be used to sweeten a trade for Kozzie or Shai.

This from separate knowledge or your conclusions from the afl website?

I'm not too fussed either way. If he's signed, great, if not, he can be used to sweeten a trade for Kozzie or Shai.
Separate knowledge from the way these things work

Believe me, I'd love to know Sturty is locked up right now, as the #1 ticket holder of the Sam Sturt fanclub (I've been running this gig for years, nice to see more jump on board)

Could be that a 2 year at say 600 has been agreed to, but if things happen he’ll sign a 3 year at 500.

(As an example) (don’t think that’s the deal) (just that there may be a couple of options in front of these guys and there's an agreement in place)

I think we’re just not announcing it for whatever reason tbh.

Beveridge would have contacts as a journalist working for AFL website and was handed this one on platter whilst doing Gettable.

They release Gettable early in the day and the article comes out towards the end of the day. The article is always a summary of what happened in Gettable but is often added to and/or updated with additional news. I reckon Sturt’s management was willing to confirm he’d re-signed to Beveridge once their company spilt the beans tbh.

Interesting that there’s still nothing in this space. I reckon it’s a situation where both he and the the club are open to trade/stay options. Both may be happy with either outcome.

Interesting that there’s still nothing in this space. I reckon it’s a situation where both he and the the club are open to trade/stay options. Both may be happy with either outcome.
You do realise the club has made no official announcement on Wagner or Voss despite signing both players. It's bullshit.

This is an odd year though. It's still possible the club will be looking to trade one or two contracted players (mutually agreed) to facilitate bringing in some whales. In those circumstances it's probably not ideal to be trumpeting re-signings.
Yeah, a lot of these guys could have signed, or have in-principle agreements pending other things.

It's so weird that the club does this regularly. That and outright lying to the members about injuries, just a weird way to treat your fans.

The club like to do a run of signing announcements leading into the Christmas/New Year period with the last one being a big name, so they need some ammo for that.

You do realise the club has made no official announcement on Wagner or Voss despite signing both players. It's bullshit.
the it crowd chris odowd GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, he’s going to be the biggest beneficiary of Bolton coming in, who’ll get the best medium defender.
Indeed, and it just sparked for me, even just with the addition of Bolton, after all the Pickett hullabaloo, thinking about our mix. Imagine (if all goes well 🪵👈) having our first choice forward line for an extended period next year. Super salivating.

Of course, once we've kicked Bolton's tyres and got a fair price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back