French Open 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Tennis ..joke of a sport. Sam has bags more talent in her left index finger than Errani will ever have. How she let the occasion get to her like that, and spray soooo many forehands wide is just beyond me. Just dumbfounded. Thought she'd turned a corner at the US last year but that was obviously just one out of the box. She might get lucky and have one or two more GS's like that, but that's about as much as she can hope for.

Brittle.

Its because she feels the pressure when shes expected to win, thats why she lost in the first round at the Aus Open after winning the US Open.
Against Serena, no one gave her a chance so she had no pressure and just went for it and blasted winners non stop.
Stosurs a mental midget unfortunately.

Well I guess we'll see if this will throw her year off. She'll probably go to Wimbledon not wanting to be there, as usual. If anything I'm not that diappointed that she lost, but its kind of sad to think what sort of state she'd be in right now.

I am of Italian decent, but bloody hell, Sam's given them them a few too many choccies of late. Press conference is gonna be depressing. Poor bugger.

I suggest not looking at tennisforum for a few days, I know I'm not....

The main thing that surprised me was the Andy Murray behaviour, I spose the sweairing in the 3rd set topped it off lol. (I want footage).

Women's final can get ****ed.

Strongly disagree. Look at the top players' schedules between the USO and AO. They're nowhere near as hectic as they are during any other 4 month period you care to choose. European Indoor and Asian swing are the least important tournaments of the year and the top guys skip tournaments all over the place. Then they have the offseason, which although its only a month or two it's a solid break.

You can't seriously argue that a player who wins AO to USO hasn't played a more punishing schedule than someone who straddles Christmas with their Slam.

You can look at this from another perspective though. With a heavy schedule - which every player has from Aus Open to US Open, it's much harder to change the momentum within certain match ups. You saw it last year with Rafa and Djokovic. A longer break gives players time to reassess their games and tactics, change and work on parts of their game etc that they can't do as effectively during the main part of the season. It also gives time for players that have been running hot to cool down a bit and perhaps lose their form. You can argue that it's harder to maintain dominance after a long break for that reason. If a football team had a large winning streak that went over 2 seasons I think it would be regarded as no less a streak, and maybe even superior to a streak which starts and finishes in 1 season.

It's going to be a cakewalk victory for Sharapova, who is mentally strong most of the time. She'll blast Errani off the court. Stosur should be the best player in the world ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ferrer should give up and play snooker.Been a pretty pathetic display..hope he can put up a bit of resistance after the rain delay.

So I assume no one's watching Nadal/Ferrer? Seems as boring as bat shit going by the scoreboard. I'm done with RG.

Its the worst grand slam of the year not particularly surprised, the quality of tennis is pretty average particularly on the women's side.. Plus you almost always know Nadal will win the men's so no surprise factor there.
Hopefully at least fed and djoker live up to expectations and make up for this nightmare of a semi final.. ferrer terrible.

both federer and djokovic are playing for the 2nd place...this is looking ominous again.Will need Djokovic circa 2011 to deal with this orelse there is no chance.

Nadal has just lost 35 games en route to the finals and been broken once! remarkable stats really. Has anyone ever been this dominant on a particular surface in the history of open era?

Djokovic is such a pathetic drama queen. Always has these periods where he pretends to be injured/exhausted. Would rather look like a hero than win in straight sets.

Well Federer didn't let him! Broken 4 times in the 2nd set against Djokovic's 3 times. Was a tight one, but Federer managed to choke just that little bit more than Djokovic could manage in the end.

COME ON NOLE!!!! Finish this pretender off in 3 sets!!! its amazing how bombarding on his backhand wing is giving novak good results..memo to the rest of the blokes on tour (specially hewitt and roddick), thats how you to beat federer.

Straight sets it is then! lucky it was only Federer. Can't see him making another final let alone winning one.

Remove this Banner Ad

French Open 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back