Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

My mum is an old euro lady who barely understands the game but she leans over to me last night and said Aish is everywhere tonight.

I look at her stunned and ask who she means, she points and says Mr Long Sleeves right there, he's involved in everything from defence to attack.

Then proceeds to tell me that it's so nice seeing Michael Walters back near his best again.

Well... she's right. I can see how Aish might not be seen to be a star but if he isn't a solid B grade to A grade player in just about every position on the ground then you're blind. He makes his involvements count and he can football.

I hope we don't lose him in the off-season.

I said something similar to my dog about Aish. He’s been building but what really struck me last night is he’s playing with gusto/verve/enthusiasm.

He’s one I watched quite closely from his draft year, I’m a fan of good pedigree & quiet grace in players & he seemed to have it.

Thing is I’m not sure he’s ever looked like he enjoys the game till now. Who knows what the weight of expectations does to people, a high draft pick from a football family.

I’m sure he didn’t like being drafted by an expansion club & seemed to move to Victoria as quickly as possible but never really looked like living up to his potential at Collingwood despite being handy.

Apparently he said to Darcy “how good is this?” when he went into the center clearances & he seemed to be throwing himself into everything rather than playing with the contained composure he normally exhibits.

I loved his game & like all our players he genuinely seems to believe now.
Exciting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I somewhat agree let's not forget North absolutely parked the bus last night to stem the flow. If they had of tried to hold some sort of forward structure we would of had way more room for those passes but most of our inside 50s had to go to a contest because it was the safer option with all of North's defensive 50 nunbers

Have, it’s ****ing have.

Sonny looks happy again
It’s an interesting one isn’t it. Ross Lyon was without question the most important person for Walters in his AFL career.

It’s now on Walters and I also feel he’s stepped up or bought in or done what’s required to grind away.

Very noticeable he’s hasn’t played for frees almost as if that in itself was the turning point.

I said something similar to my dog about Aish. He’s been building but what really struck me last night is he’s playing with gusto/verve/enthusiasm.

He’s one I watched quite closely from his draft year, I’m a fan of good pedigree & quiet grace in players & he seemed to have it.

Thing is I’m not sure he’s ever looked like he enjoys the game till now. Who knows what the weight of expectations does to people, a high draft pick from a football family.

I’m sure he didn’t like being drafted by an expansion club & seemed to move to Victoria as quickly as possible but never really looked like living up to his potential at Collingwood despite being handy.

Apparently he said to Darcy “how good is this?” when he went into the center clearances & he seemed to be throwing himself into everything rather than playing with the contained composure he normally exhibits.

I loved his game & like all our players he genuinely seems to believe now.
Exciting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Aish is a classic example of how clubs destroy their lists by unbalancing their salary cap. Collingwood destroyed three players through paying crazy deals to two players.
Their loss our gain.

Have, it’s ******* have.
cat discover GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mum is an old euro lady who barely understands the game but she leans over to me last night and said Aish is everywhere tonight.

I look at her stunned and ask who she means, she points and says Mr Long Sleeves right there, he's involved in everything from defence to attack.

Then proceeds to tell me that it's so nice seeing Michael Walters back near his best again.

Well... she's right. I can see how Aish might not be seen to be a star but if he isn't a solid B grade to A grade player in just about every position on the ground then you're blind. He makes his involvements count and he can football.

Spot on and love the love for my buddy!

Tasty little percentage boost. Won't mean much when the lions beat the Eagles by 286pts

Hopefully the fact it will be pissing down at the GABBA will mean Brisbane won’t win by enough to surpass our percentage. If WC don’t score (quite possible) Brisbane will have to win by more than 64 points to put them into 2nd spot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

+
  • Jye Amiss, this kid will be a star you can see it already.
  • Treacy, the pressure and intensity this bloke bring is immense, set us up from the start.
  • Will Brodie, what more can we say? This bloke bleeds purple.
  • Backline once again super solid down back
  • The system JL has put in place can be played no matter the ins and outs for the week
  • Darcy as solid and imposing as ever.
  • Chapman developing really nicely and rarely panics

• For me centre bounce clearances are still a real concern, Fyfe should hopefully rectify this issue.
  • Inside 50 entries, we seem to second guess ourselves and then end up kicking long to whoever is at full forward, need more plays like when Mundy looked up and immediately put it on the boot on to the chest of a leading Banfield without a second thought.
  • Switta having to miss a weak when he has been massive for our forward 50 pressure and spread

Agree on all of this especially on centre bounce clearance and on Switters pressure. Despite missing a quarter he had 26 pressure acts our next highest was Shultz with 20

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You deserve a priority pick. Tarryn Thomas can play. McKay and Larkie make good bookends.
I hate priority picks. North are where they are because they massively overrated their list prior to them bottoming out. They just need to draft sensibly with what they've already got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back