Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly treacy was the bigger and better body for facing meek should have used him more and Jackson more forward. Sturt was bad all game walters should have came on earlier. Sam Mitchell better coach making Sicily change to forward.

Meek dominating him doesn't mean he was shit. Did Jackson find other ways to contribute, yes he did, in fact he has arguably the best stats in our team. I'm not saying go off stats, but you can't have the best stats and also have been totally shit.

Brute rucks is Jackson's kryptonite and he did the best he could.

Jackson did next to **** all around the ground except for a patch of 5-10 minutes in the 3rd quarter. Use the eye test and he fails it.

What grunt? He did **** all today.
He blocked, he tackled, he did all the things you don't see. We smashed them in the third and didn't win because we didn't kick straight enough to put significant scoreboard pressure on. Is what it is, but don't let a shit 5m kick define a game.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

**** Tasmania. Sell it to New Zealand. Welfare state full of low IQ morons that doesn’t belong with the rest of the continent. Most people there aren’t educated beyond year 10. Western Australians pay GST that gets funnelled to Tasmania so they can sponsor a football team. End it.
Sounds more like Victoria tbh but you might need a good lie down. It's not panic stations by any means.

This is the one I had us down as most likely to lose. We get Pearce back next week, and hopefully Darcy. Think Walker might have been a better inclusion. Melbourne won’t have Gawn next week for Purple Haze. We get two home games in a row.

Hope you're right! Think Geelong, GWS and Port are going to be hard to win playing like we did today. Doubt we'll be beating Melbourne by 90 again either.

Newsflash doomsayers. This game was hard and brutal. We did plenty to win, but bad kicking is bad footy, and those sodas at key moments from Amiss/Voss etc hurt.

That's one of the best and hard-at-it midfield units going, and we matched them more or less. Wrong end of a few calls but got some too.

Those calling for Fyfe's head, we'd have missed his grunt today, trust me. Walters though seems to have gone on a bit long. Didn't lose us the game though.

Darcy would've been the difference for sure. Jackson needs to work on his marks, been off all year in that respect.

Don't think many teams would've stood up to that today down there. Dust off and look forward to playing Melbourne minus Gawn and Petracca.

We'll make finals, and we can win on the road.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fyfe is a defensive liability. He led the missed tackle count.
Poor by our midfield to not adjust to losing the ruck tap. Just lock it down ffs

That was lost due to a lack of intent and desire. Our skill and class nearly got the team over the line, but it just wasn't enough.

I thought last week we lacked intent and hurt around the ball, and I saw that again today. Not sure what the players are thinking here, but they lack that killer edge to the game. We allowed too many scoring opportunities to go to waste because when the scrap was on in the forward 50, the team just couldn't go as hard as the Hawks.

Pearce can't come back fast enough in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no point getting emotional over this one. Just disappointing because we are clearly not top four worthy.

Our midfield has gone toe to toe with Carlton, Port and Sydney but struggles against Hawthorn? Jackson got exposed big time by Meek. I hope he starts training with the midfield group next preseason because we aren't getting enough out of him atm.

Even though we lost the midfield battle I think our forwardline was where we lost the game. A combination of inaccuracy, lack of class and players just not showing up really hurt us.

Can someone please explain why Young spends so much time forward? I understand he's our only mid that can sit there and be a threat, but he's also our best mid by far and away.

Feels like the ball won't even get there if he's sitting forward. Needs to start at centre clearance, don't care if he goes and rests forward in between them but he simply must be in there.
His throw it on the right boot that finds Treacy is leaps and bounds ahead of what everyone else can do. If Serong was to do that same thing the ball wouldn't make the 50 and we wouldn't be in a position to score.
He can also stick tackles which would be nice...

Meek ****ing dominated him in the ruck and all around the ground. Had some perfect HOs to advantage that resulted in Hawthorn goals. Jackson can't out muscle so he jumps to early and Meek gets a perfect tap meanwhile we're one player short around the ball because Jackson hasn't come down yet.

Not to mention the fact that he failed to be a chop out option long down the line.
Wasn’t Meek moved on to make room for Jacko?

Good game y'all. Was seriously impressed by some of the marking and foot skills by your guys and the game could've gone either way. Good luck for the rest of the year :)
Just beat the pies.

Wasn’t Meek moved on to make room for Jacko?
We wanted to keep him, but he wanted the opportunity to play.

So kinda/sorta?

More that he was behind Darcy though. He would have played every game Darcy was out for.

Thought Fyfe had a good game , but did make a lot of errors

We never looked like winning the game from first bounce to final siren

So back into the pack and are now facing all our remaining games to not miss finals or just being also rans

On our best day we can best top sides . But when our errors increase we look mediocre

Ok back to less optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back