Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, we have won at stupid grounds this year. I'm a realist however so not holding out much hope at this point. Definitely won't be top 4.
This is the one I had us down as most likely to lose. We get Pearce back next week, and hopefully Darcy. Think Walker might have been a better inclusion. Melbourne won’t have Gawn next week for Purple Haze. We get two home games in a row.

Everytime we kicked a goal to go 15 up they got one out of the centre straight away. Always out the front of the stoppage. Jackson has great hurt factor when he wins the stoppages but when he loses them he really fookin loses them. Think most likely coz he has to jump so freakin early to counter his lack of size. They need a keep it in tight mode in big key moments at times. In the close games Jackson in the ruck doesn't suit, those are the games you need a battering ram like darcy

Freo close games this year

Carlton - no Darcy- loss
Port- no Darcy loss
Pies- Darcy plays draw
Swans- Darcy plays win
Hawks -no darcy loss
This... Them scoring straight after we scored from lack of pressure in the middle..frustrating..

Jackson was not shit ROFL. He battled as best he could in a tough match up. He made a massive contribution. Probably in our top five players. Anyone that reckons we lost cause Jackson was poor hasnt a clue about footy.
Meek ****ing dominated him in the ruck and all around the ground. Had some perfect HOs to advantage that resulted in Hawthorn goals. Jackson can't out muscle so he jumps to early and Meek gets a perfect tap meanwhile we're one player short around the ball because Jackson hasn't come down yet.

Not to mention the fact that he failed to be a chop out option long down the line.

I've copped so much flak just for calling for a bit of calm this week - a few wins in a row and all of sudden we're a premiership threat in 2024, and guaranteed for a prelim.

We had every chance to win but couldn't, it's just going to be like for us for the time being.
Yeah righto. Dropping a very droppable game in the Antarctic doesn't mean we're suddenly shit and calls to temper expectations were somehow correct. This is just one more node of information in a season that had a long way to go yet.

Wierd to pat yourself on the back for that.

Only one loss but it was concerning how many more senior players shit themselves with the ball in the last quarter.
Some poor second efforts at stoppages which is why the Hawks smashed us there.

I liked Voss's game even though he sprayed a few and will be dropped next week, he can actually take marks unlike some in the team.
Yeah but he cannot kick.

Meek ****ing dominated him in the ruck and all around the ground. Had some perfect HOs to advantage that resulted in Hawthorn goals. Jackson can't out muscle so he jumps to early and Meek gets a perfect tap meanwhile we're one player short around the ball because Jackson hasn't come down yet.

Not to mention the fact that he failed to be a chop out option long down the line.
Meek dominating him doesn't mean he was shit. Did Jackson find other ways to contribute, yes he did, in fact he has arguably the best stats in our team. I'm not saying go off stats, but you can't have the best stats and also have been totally shit.

Brute rucks is Jackson's kryptonite and he did the best he could.

Was always going to be 50:50 but that last quarter was shocking. Effort was poor moving forward - too much kick and hope. The only reason the margin was only 14 points was due to some great intercept marking from the us usual suspects and Hawthorn kicking in to the man on the mark a couple of times

It’s never as good or as bad as it seems - but we don’t want to be relying on other results for our top 4 chances. We need to be taking these sorts of games by the stuff of the neck

our inability to win a contest, or hell even lock the ball in, post marking contest was unbelievable. had a good 10 min stretch just peppering the 50m arc for nada.

ryan and chapman would be embarrassed by their efforts against a one arm defender.

midfield pantsed hard, shows how important darcy is. snuff i hope you are re-thinking those hypothetical darcy trades now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newsflash doomsayers. This game was hard and brutal. We did plenty to win, but bad kicking is bad footy, and those sodas at key moments from Amiss/Voss etc hurt.

That's one of the best and hard-at-it midfield units going, and we matched them more or less. Wrong end of a few calls but got some too.

Those calling for Fyfe's head, we'd have missed his grunt today, trust me. Walters though seems to have gone on a bit long. Didn't lose us the game though.

Darcy would've been the difference for sure. Jackson needs to work on his marks, been off all year in that respect.

Don't think many teams would've stood up to that today down there. Dust off and look forward to playing Melbourne minus Gawn and Petracca.

We'll make finals, and we can win on the road.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone please work with Jackson on his jump timing. Goes early every single time and is just out of the contest. It’s probably the most frustrating thing to watch all day.

Midfield all average when it counted.
Everyone panicking all game
Small fwds offered nothing
Some bad decision making by good players
Selection was fine but Walters is a bad sub choice. Dudes cooked.
Fyfe wasn’t as bad as everyone cracking on about. Just had a bad moment with that handball.
JLo out coached badly. Had no Sicily answer & pushed cox fwd which meant we had no tall to come over the top on the Sicily mark.

Meek dominating him doesn't mean he was shit. Did Jackson find other ways to contribute, yes he did, in fact he has arguably the best stats in our team. I'm not saying go off stats, but you can't have the best stats and also have been totally shit.

Brute rucks is Jackson's kryptonite and he did the best he could.
It's not just his ruck work, it's the amount of times he handballed directly to the opposition, and the dropped marks, and the aerial contests he didn't get to to half the ball.

And everyone talking about the spuds in the team what about the leaders young Fyfe Serong no where to be seen in the last Ryan had 2 kicked on him by a bloke had no shoulder. When the games on the line the leaders should be the one standing up
That one where Sicily marked on the line he didnt even jump just put his hand up while Ryan was flaying around having no impact. Not one single freo player thought it important to get a fist to it and put it over the line.

Mitchell moved the magnets , took a risk putting Sicily forward , turns him into the highest goal kicker on the ground because our defense is confused by the change.

We are committed to a 2 ruck game plan, but whenever Darcy goes down we don’t replace him. Why do we even have Reidy? Such a waste putting JT in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Reidy would be playing if he was even half decent. He's not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back