Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

whyyy exactly did we chip around for 5 minutes when we were 2 ****ing points behind. jfc.
It won't help people's melts but I don't think it was part of the plan.

JLo clearly said at half time that we weren't giving the forwards enough of a chance and that we went into our shell. Third quarter we responded. In the last quarter we didn't.

I am bloody sick of ump inspired momentum though. I feel all the dodgy calls went against us for a 5 min period (no OOB call, no throw called etc...) and we couldn't get back from that.

Also we had 4.6 from our first 10 inside 50s in the third. And they were all gettable shots. Should have really capitalised on that dominance early.

Then Voss misses another one to start the 4th and the air went out of the balloon.

They barely went onside 50 in the third and kicked straight.

No shit we wouldve won with Darcy and Pearce. They had outs too. Cant use that as an excuse.
I want to smash my tv like everyone else but does anyone seriously think we are a genuine top 2 team yet?
We did look very timid at the end with 5 minutes to go. Shouldve taken the game on then instead of pussy footing around.

No shit we wouldve won with Darcy and Pearce. They had outs too. Cant use that as an excuse.
I want to smash my tv like everyone else but does anyone seriously think we are a genuine top 2 team yet?
We did look very timid at the end with 5 minutes to go. Shouldve taken the game on then instead of pussy footing around.

I do my we had an experienced head who is supposed to be there for this very reason but then squibbed it with a shit disposal side ways

Lose to the Hawks in a place they never lose and this place loses it mind haha.

I feel its more the method than the scoreboard.

The midfield couldn't handle the pressure and hawks shutdown our transition.

Tackles not sticking, marks dropped, shots on goals sprayed, defense confused by Sicily move.

Its amazing that we had more scoring shots really given the above issues.

Disappointing. Was hoping we would kick on and have a real tilt this year but just don't think we're there yet. Missed 4 easy ish shots in the 2nd quarter and that's probably where we lost it. Got smashed in the 4th. Top 4 from here is tough. Most likely need to win every game or could get lucky going 5-1 if other results go our way. The coaches obviously don't think Reidy is up to it is why he doesn't play but I don't like seeing Treacy rucking. Forward line suffers when he's not down there.

Should have played Reidy and a damaging mid as sub. Not sure how many times we have to run out of legs before it sinks in to our coaches.
For a supposedly top defense we do concede a lot of soft goals sometimes.
Justin needs to take ownership of the team. Not indulge the wishes of Jackson, Fyfe and Walters

Should that not be the aim? Sounds like you’d given up before we even played.
That is not what I said at all, I said literally before the game it's 50/50 and not the end of the world losing a game against a team playing good footy at the place which seems to have the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL - as acknowledged by basically every media person in the AFL. I expected the team to win tbh, tipped them, but I'm not losing my mind because we lost by a couple of goals.

This is also JLs first loss against Hawks in his 5 year run and people talk like Mitchell is some super coach in comparison

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why didn’t we just forfeit then? If it’s so impossible to win there? “No excuses team” my arse.
That’s annoying though.
The competition isnt that strong or better than Fremantle. Yet lose these games and it’s Freo are young, not quite there. Top 4 beckons. Surely the team is better then Geelong and Essendon .

Lose to the Hawks in a place they never lose and this place loses it mind haha.

Teams going places but not quite there yet. Need to bounce back next week.
Agree, especially with this bit.

Can we put to bed the idea we should trade our draft picks now?

Need to hit the draft and finish the rebuild.

We need to win 5/6 now to stay top 4.

While I’m gutted to lose to Hawthorn, Snuff is spot on. It’s one of the toughest road trips in Footy and we are still such a young side.
Pearce, Darcy and Walker back next week and we are a better team.
I think Sturt might need a rest. Knee seems to be hampering him.
Sonny just offers nothing and the match committee need to bite the bullet.
Midfield to respond as that’s 2 weeks in a row they’ve been beaten.

I feel its more the method than the scoreboard.

The midfield couldn't handle the pressure and hawks shutdown our transition.

Tackles not sticking, marks dropped, shots on goals sprayed.

Its amazing that we had more scoring shots really given the above issues.
A game breaking explosive mid would really help in games like this. Disappointing they couldn't get it done because I think we could say we can contend this year if we did but we are still "this" close

We need to win 5/6 now to stay top 4.

While I’m gutted to lose to Hawthorn, Snuff is spot on. It’s one of the toughest road trips in Footy and we are still such a young side.
Pearce, Darcy and Walker back next week and we are a better team.
I think Sturt might need a rest. Knee seems to be hampering him.
Sonny just offers nothing and the match committee need to bite the bullet.
Midfield to respond as that’s 2 weeks in a row they’ve been beaten.
Feels like Walters will be an easier dropping sooner or later than the real hard call that's to be made on Fyfe. Great he could tag Heeney but I'm starting to be pretty positive Brodie would offer more.

Fyfe is literally scared to kick it

Looks like Sydney, Brisbane, and Carlton are practically locked in the top 4 for now. We have games vs Port, GWS, Geel and Ess still to come. Those will determine if we make the top 4 more than this game.

Looking forward to our next win when everyone is happy and positive again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back