Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously a good and unexpected win. However there is a one concern that stands out already mentioned by other posters. That last minute we clearly had no set play or plan. We were lucky they didn't mark it from the kickout. Yet the worst part though was the throw in.
Blakey and another Sydney player were in space free on the defensive side. Banfield should have been aware of him yet he allowed Blakey to run through in a set play.
Two other Freo players were loose on our defensive side but too far away from the ruck contest to help bottle it up. Did we not learn anything from the Carlton loss? That ball should never have come out of there. Too many unnecessary heart attacks for Freo supporters.

Obviously a good and unexpected win. However there is a one concern that stands out already mentioned by other posters. That last minute we clearly had no set play or plan. We were lucky they didn't mark it from the kickout. Yet the worst part though was the throw in.
Blakey and another Sydney player were in space free on the defensive side. Banfield should have been aware of him yet he allowed Blakey to run through in a set play.
Two other Freo players were loose on our defensive side but too far away from the ruck contest to help bottle it up. Did we not learn anything from the Carlton loss? That ball should never have come out of there. Too many unnecessary heart attacks for Freo supporters.
Also a couple times where both Treacy and Freddy gambled on a spoil and missed and Sydney were able to get easy goals from that.

Sturt's emergence has taken our team to the next level. Reduces the pressure on our other forwards to score. More importantly we can play Switta more at the clearances where he was so important today.
Sturts attack on the ball and courage in the air were brilliant today. Plus i could be wrong but Blakely was his opponent until the last half and Sturt applied good defensive pressure to keep him from dominating. Blakely I think was being manned mostly by Banfield when he dominating.

That's JL's finest win in my books.

No Pearce, Cox and even McDonald. Playing 2 kids against Sydney at the SCG.

Take a bow JL
This wasn't just for bragging rights. This was for naming rights. Losing coach of the Sydney v Fremantle game gets called the other bloke's surname.

Forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was he defensively today on the most inform wingman in the afl. Stating the obvious I know but what an absolutely brilliant recruit.
Had some good contested marks too. Good to see there’s growth

Well done Freo! Second win in a row at the SCG which not many teams can claim. Putting together a solid home and away campaign and definitely a strong chance to go deep in September.
Why are all these Swans supporters such ridiculously good people?

Makes it very difficult to act the giddy goat.

Get sour, you losers, so I can exert my dominance.

Amazing win. Everyone has covered most players so far but I reckon that was Johnno's best game for our club. Playing one less forward with our mids spending a bit of time forward and rotating more through the centre bounces is our best structure for sure. Allows Johnno to spend more time in his natural position and freshens all the mids up a bit
I like Johno's game too, he was giving it off quickly more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back