Autopsy Freo Lose To North at Home

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a huge Amiss fan and believe we have a beauty in him, but honestly he was worst worst on ground.

He had one kick and I'm pretty sure that was after the siren in the second when he kicked it to the umpire, so essentially he had 0 kicks in the actual game.

It's not alarm bells stuff because it's only his fourth game, but that wasn't a game to get excited about

He had two and he shanked one of them.

He’s a leading forward with a games style of bombing it on the forwards heads

Coach needs a ****ing rocket

Ive bagged the players for their effort (lack of it) but IMHO it all stops with JLo. He has oversight and it’s gameplan that the players have to carry out.
I think the players are carrying it out (not too well atm) but the plan is flawed.

The forward structure and movement would have practiced throughout preseason. It seems like the talls aren’t leading up well and no separation between the forwards is occuring thus not giving multiple options thus forcing the mids to kick it to a gaggle of players and if we’re slightly off then it doesn’t bode well and oppo backlines mop it quite easily.

JLo seems to grasp things in games to late and moves the magnets around too late.

From what I saw from the two games so far this season, Ross the Boss and Clarkson basically have setup game plans where they choked up the middle corridor and forced us out wide where we are no where near as effective and the smack us on the quick rebound straight through middle.

JLo needs to come up with a fix to oppo coaches who have figuired out how counter us.

IMHO.

Yeah, got a hiding at the Centre Clearances 8-16. Stoppages we were a bit better but still lost 22-29.

What I don't want to see is the midfield get piled on and the forwards get another pass.

That same midfield won the inside 50 count 53-46 and manufactured 22 scoring shots to 18.

Get better in front of goals - we win.

The defence is where we have to launch our attacks when we lose the centre clearances. That's why I said the rest is alright, we need to even the contest in the bounce and we are right in the game.

We should dominate it, but we get spanked

I'm a huge Amiss fan and believe we have a beauty in him, but honestly he was worst on ground.

He had one kick and I'm pretty sure that was after the siren in the second when he kicked it to the umpire, so essentially he had 0 kicks in the actual game.

It's not alarm bells stuff because it's only his fourth game, but that wasn't a game to get excited about
One of the only forwards I remember taking a forwards mark.

But honestly what the future for taberner? Key forward subbed out two games in a row is baaad 🐑

All right let's go. Observations from the game today.

• What the **** was that Tabs goal overturn? Both umpires were happy and signalled it was a mark (idc if it wasn't), and they let him take the kick without reviewing. When in the **** do they every go back and review the mark after they have already allowed the kick???
  • Ball is clearly out of bounds before the siren sounds. One ump calls for deliberate. Should've at least drawn the game.
  • Also how the **** no one managed to rush it through is seriously ****ed.
  • Luke Jackson is an absolute game changer. As in he will kill every tiny bit of momentum you have. It's not even that he just gets spoiled all the time in marking contests. The mf will get both hands to it clean and drop it every single ****ing time. Even when he manages to bring it to his chest.
  • Darcy is so far from his 2021 season it's not even funny. Used to be a beast at contested marking and would be good for a goal or two a game. Offers us absolute **** all at the moment.
  • Midfield? Absolutely useless. Can't win a clearance to save their life. And our personnel isn't even that different to last year except for JOM/Mundy. And Mundy was bad for most of last year too. But Brodie, Serong, Brayshaw, Darcy. Feels like we lost just about every single centre clearance where Switta wasn't there. How have we regressed so badly? Is Josh Carr really that influential? How do we keep dominating hitouts but the opposition mids read them so much better.
  • The fact that our last 3 goals in 3 mins were scored by a midfielder and a defender are telling. Forward line is absolutely useless. I sit behind the goal and paid close attention to them in the third. Zero movement. That's not even an exaggeration. Absolutely ZERO movement from all of them. And then when the ball is kicked in everyone goes up for the same mark (leaving no one with an actual chance to mark it).
  • Luke Jackson is useless. Just so bad.
  • Alex Pearce is not a captain by example in the slightest.
  • Taberner should never play again.
  • Amiss needs a lot more time in the 2s.
  • I counted about 4 htb paid on Freddy in our f50 (most of them came after Jackson dropped marks btw)
  • North Melbourne tried their hardest to take Young's head off.Noticed we did try and take the game on a lot more today (to no avail because of forwards that cant mark)
  • Liked Willo's game. He tried to take it on more than anyone else. At least in the first half. Good defensive moments too. He should keep his spot.
  • Walters looked good. Should have been playing the full game. Only forward that would actually move.
I'm bored of the Hughes experiment. Let it go. Bring in Johnson. At least we'll get the bonus of developing our youth. Even if the output is similar. I don't even know what to do with the forward line. Amiss and Treacy are clearly not up to it. Taberner is so far gone. Kuek would be blown over by the wind. And the rucks can't mark to save their lives. We've got nothing going on there.

Oh also is there a reason why we can't ban oppo supporters from post game threads after a loss?? Can't see what positive purpose they serve.

Genuine question, is Luke Jackson a candidate to take the mantle from Nic ‘almost marked it’ natanui?

Gets his hands on it but can’t hold onto it.

For his size just play him as an agile tall mid. He ain’t no forward

• What the * was that Tabs goal overturn? Both umpires were happy and signalled it was a mark (idc if it wasn't), and they let him take the kick without reviewing. When in the * do they every go back and review the mark after they have already allowed the kick???
  • Ball is clearly out of bounds before the siren sounds. One ump calls for deliberate. Should've at least drawn the game.
  • Also how the * no one managed to rush it through is seriously ****ed.
  • Luke Jackson is an absolute game changer. As in he will kill every tiny bit of momentum you have. It's not even that he just gets spoiled all the time in marking contests. The mf will get both hands to it clean and drop it every single ******* time. Even when he manages to bring it to his chest.
  • Darcy is so far from his 2021 season it's not even funny. Used to be a beast at contested marking and would be good for a goal or two a game. Offers us absolute * all at the moment.
  • Midfield? Absolutely useless. Can't win a clearance to save their life. And our personnel isn't even that different to last year except for JOM/Mundy. And Mundy was bad for most of last year too. But Brodie, Serong, Brayshaw, Darcy. Feels like we lost just about every single centre clearance where Switta wasn't there. How have we regressed so badly? Is Josh Carr really that influential? How do we keep dominating hitouts but the opposition mids read them so much better.
  • The fact that our last 3 goals in 3 mins were scored by a midfielder and a defender are telling. Forward line is absolutely useless. I sit behind the goal and paid close attention to them in the third. Zero movement. That's not even an exaggeration. Absolutely ZERO movement from all of them. And then when the ball is kicked in everyone goes up for the same mark (leaving no one with an actual chance to mark it).
  • I counted about 4 htb paid on Freddy in our f50 (most of them came after Jackson dropped marks btw)
  • North Melbourne tried their hardest to take Young's head off.Noticed we did try and take the game on a lot more today (to no avail because of forwards that cant mark)
  • Liked Willo's game. He tried to take it on more than anyone else. At least in the first half. Good defensive moments too. He should keep his spot.
  • Walters looked good. Should have been playing the full game. Only forward that would actually move.
I'm bored of the Hughes experiment. Let it go. Bring in Johnson. At least we'll get the bonus of developing our youth. Even if the output is similar. I don't even know what to do with the forward line. Amiss and Treacy are clearly not up to it. Taberner is so far gone. Kuek would be blown over by the wind. And the rucks can't mark to save their lives. We've got nothing going on there.

Oh also is there a reason why we can't ban oppo supporters from post game threads after a loss?? Can't see what positive purpose they serve.
Even better when they can just slide into your DMs with impunity as well. Piss weak.

• What the * was that Tabs goal overturn? Both umpires were happy and signalled it was a mark (idc if it wasn't), and they let him take the kick without reviewing. When in the * do they every go back and review the mark after they have already allowed the kick???
  • Luke Jackson is an absolute game changer. As in he will kill every tiny bit of momentum you have. It's not even that he just gets spoiled all the time in marking contests. The mf will get both hands to it clean and drop it every single ******* time. Even when he manages to bring it to his chest.
  • Darcy is so far from his 2021 season it's not even funny. Used to be a beast at contested marking and would be good for a goal or two a game. Offers us absolute * all at the moment.

I thought Pearce played ok. Larkey got lucky with 2 of his 4 goals.
The rest is warranted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this post. Although disagree that Pearce is not a good captain. He's the best leader out there which shows us how far we've got to go.

North legit bullied us, targeted our players and when it came time to fly the flag - ****ing nothing. As much as the commentary sucked balls I totally agree with Mooney in saying freo need to retaliate physically. Clarkson knew we were weak ad piss and he exploited it hence setting the tone of physicality from the onset.

I love this post. Although disagree that Pearce is not a good captain. He's the best leader out there which shows us how far we've got to go.

North legit bullied us, targeted our players and when it came time to fly the flag - ******* nothing. As much as the commentary sucked balls I totally agree with Mooney in saying freo need to retaliate physically. Clarkson knew we were weak ad piss and he exploited it hence setting the tone of physicality from the onset.
Not saying Pearce is not a good captain. Saying he doesn't lead by example.

Genuine question, is Luke Jackson a candidate to take the mantle from Nic ‘almost marked it’ natanui?

Gets his hands on it but can’t hold onto it.

For his size just play him as an agile tall mid. He ain’t no forward
Notacluey over Jackson every week

exactly. but at least WCE new they were getting a midfielder. we sold the farm for "potential". jackson is a nothing player. we already have a ruckman and jackson sure as hell isnt the forward we need. He's not a forwards arseh*le
Keep bagging Jackson but he is 21!!!! Anyone remember how good a forward Tom Hawkins was at 21??? I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Freo Lose To North at Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back