Freo - Officially the least successful team in AFL historty

Remove this Banner Ad

We may not have had much success, but we have Pav.

Thus, Fremantle > 15 other clubs

pavlich20ho.jpg

I think Freo's biggest problem has been the people in charge towards the beginning. They blew all of the advantages they were given by the AFL, all the advantages every team gets when it joins the league, much like the Brisbane Bears did. However, they are starting to get it together now and are starting to look the goods. Had a bad year last year, but when you take into account some of the injuries they had (McPharlin, Bell, Carr, Cook and I reckon Pavlich was injured too) they were key players and Freo just don't have the depth yet to cover those losses. They have now address some of their deficiencies and should improve as a result. When you think about it, they've won just as many finals in the past 3 years as the Eagles? Actually how far back does the Eagles losing streak in finals go? Have Port passed on the Choker tag to another team?

Freo supporters will have to help me out here as I try to be serious, I know its Bigfooty so why even bother but here goes...

Every year there is the following
1 Premier = All that matters.
14 Place getters = The majority.
1 Woodenspooner = Avoid at all cost.

Regardless of where your team finishes or how many finals series they make, If you don't win the Premiership, your as successful as 15 others who did'nt win it either.

Freo in 2003 were almost unbeatable at home but fell down in away games, they then ran into a very experienced team/coach in their first finals campaign.
In 2004 it was as if they had focussed so much on improving their away record that they let themselves down at home.
I pray they never get the combination of both home and away working for them but do wish them all the best for 2005.
If anything just smash those Weegirls in the "2 main games of the year"

Hoonose atall said:
Freo supporters will have to help me out here as I try to be serious, I know its Bigfooty so why even bother but here goes...

Every year there is the following
1 Premier = All that matters.
14 Place getters = The majority.
1 Woodenspooner = Avoid at all cost.

Regardless of where your team finishes or how many finals series they make, If you don't win the Premiership, your as successful as 15 others who did'nt win it either.

Freo in 2003 were almost unbeatable at home but fell down in away games, they then ran into a very experienced team/coach in their first finals campaign.
In 2004 it was as if they had focussed so much on improving their away record that they let themselves down at home.
I pray they never get the combination of both home and away working for them but do wish them all the best for 2005.
If anything just smash those Weegirls in the "2 main games of the year"

Last 2 off-seasons we hear how great the Eagles side is and how well they are going to go for the upcoming season... but we have won more games than them over the last 2 years.

We were the laughing stock of the AFL at one stage but not anymore. Yeah, we just missed a finals spot last season but our membership has gone up more than any other club, we are finally getting good profits and we still have a good squad.

Boomhauer said:
We may not have had much success, but we have Pav.

Thus, Fremantle > 15 other clubs

pavlich20ho.jpg

Now that is funny... define better.
Correct me if I am wrong, but people generally gauge greatness by winning the premiership, not the players. What's the point in having them if you can't win it?

Paralowiepower said:
Freo = Richmond
:confused:

That is just stupid. Some of the posts on here are the most stupidest I have read in a while. in so many ways.

Fremantle have a very stable administration with Hart/Schwab. We certainly dont have the infighting and lobby group divides that are most prominent in clubs like Hawthorn and Richmond atm.

Richmond would love to be 14-8 and 11-11 in the last two years and 7th and 9th positions. Same for the Bulldogs and Hawthorn to a lesser extent.

We have made a profit about three times the amount of the reigning premiers and have a healthey and fast growing membership base (33,000 and growing).

Based on that it is accurate to say that Freo are no longer the laughing stock of the comp. That was taken over by Richmond in 2003 and Hawthorn and the Bulldogs have leaped ahead of us in that mantle too.

VoR said:
One pathetic finals performance to show from 10 seasons.

Why have they been so bad for so long?

Put your tosser with your doosra buddy.

Are you West Coast ********ers hiding behind our poor record.

Out of interest,
how many finals has WCE won since freos inception?
Home Finals achieved?
Premierships?

Thats right buddy sweet FA.
Played very poorly in all finals under Johnny Worsfold.

I really look forward to again watch you limp into the finals in 7th or 8th position. act like your ******** don't stink. then have another team tear you a new ****************.

I hope we get to play you in an elimination final. I could pencil it in. :)

But we will finish higher than that.

You malign our coach something chronic. He has a greater win/loss record than woosha. Are you admitting we have a better list mate? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo had the most difficult start-up since the inception of the AFL. It is fair to say they have had difficulty building an effective administration. But their AFL history still equals Richmond, with one failed final. And Richmond were in since the AFL began, I think Freo came in around 1993?
With 4 Victorian clubs financially unviable I think you are looking in the wrong state for the least successful club if you are looking in WA.
docker_azza said:
.....Fremantle have a very stable administration with Hart/Schwab. We certainly dont have the infighting and lobby group divides that are most prominent in clubs like Hawthorn and Richmond atm.
Richmond would love to be 14-8 and 11-11 in the last two years and 7th and 9th positions. Same for the Bulldogs and Hawthorn to a lesser extent.
We have made a profit about three times the amount of the reigning premiers and have a healthy and fast growing membership base (33,000 and growing).
Based on that it is accurate to say that Freo are no longer the laughing stock of the comp. That was taken over by Richmond in 2003 and Hawthorn and the Bulldogs have leaped ahead of us in that mantle too.
Fair comment

docker_johnno said:

Out of interest,
Home Finals achieved?
Premierships?

I really look forward to again watch you limp into the finals in 7th or 8th position. act like your ******** don't stink. then have another team tear you a new ****************.

You malign our coach something chronic. He has a greater win/loss record than woosha. Are you admitting we have a better list mate? :rolleyes:

At least our coach has put our team into the finals over the past 3 years, your has only once.

As for coaches:

Worsfold > CC

Freo, still our bitches. :D

WestCat said:
3 Actually how far back does the Eagles losing streak in finals go? Have Port passed on the Choker tag to another team?

About as far back as Geelongs losing streak in aways games

And you get 4 or 5 cracks a year at trying to end that losing streak

As for chocking, see Geelongs GF record

Kenny_01 said:
Last 2 off-seasons we hear how great the Eagles side is and how well they are going to go for the upcoming season... but we have won more games than them over the last 2 years.

Quality research Kenny.

Freo
14 wins
11 wins

Eagles
12 wins
13 wins

25 each. We only lost 17 games though, you lost 19. :D

purplesoul said:
This is true. Given how pathetic Freo have been in their ten year history I have no right to have a high opinion of myself.

The self berating shall commence tonight and I will stoop in the presence of other club supporters in future.

You see what I mean! I try to post a fair, balanced view on the Dockers performance in the competition and this is all that you could quote. You sir are a pinhead and indicative of the inherent problems in the Fremantle supporter base. I guess that is what years of mediocrity do to you though.

You poor, bitter, twisted little person. Now go home and have a nice long look at the only final you have ever played in. Run along :rolleyes:

docker_johnno said:

Out of interest,
Home Finals achieved?
Premierships?

Well that was a highly intellugent post. Well done! To manage a paragraph without getting any of your words censored. You deserve a treat.

If we played you in an elimanation final we would be guaranteed to progress further than we have in past years.

Just remember 2 flags and numerous finals > 1 elimation final pantsing.

Quick mate I heard CC got stuck in his Jayden Spa, better grease him up and get him out of there. I am sure you will enjoy that homo :p

Lockyer24 said:
I can narrow it down to one decision, giving up the pick for Matthew Lloyd for those Essendon hacks all those years ago.

Sorry Locks but Matthew Lloyd was never available to us. He was a 16yo who could only be taken with a "Compensation" pick.

Even Our no one pick in 1996 was effectively a number 10 pick as rhe best 16yo's had been taken a year early as "compensation".

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo - Officially the least successful team in AFL historty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back