Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives
  • Worked through a tough Hawthorn team.
  • Midfield group looked great at times, that Fyfe to Mundy clearance gave me nostalgic tingles.
  • Never felt like we were in trouble despite it being close.
  • 10-3 at the bye. Amazing. Great effort by everyone at the club.
  • Fyfe is back.
  • Baeshaw.
  • Caleb Serong just gives a shit. Like, really cares. Every contest, every scuffle, every goal, he cares. You could see him coaching / talking through scenarios with players all over the ground. He's a proper footy head.

Negatives
  • Acres injury. He has been playing well so it's a shame for him that it has happened now. He had ice on and it was low down so hopefully it's only 4 weeks.
  • Is there a bigger disappointment than O'Meara? Should be a star of the comp but is just meh.
  • Wingard is such a flog.
  • We need Taberner to stay on the park come finals.

And lastly, Sam Mitchell will forever be a dumb campaigner.
Absolutely loathe him, hope his coaching career is filled with misery. Notable how many players of ours went off with blood noses. They will never cease to be the thug club.

And for a bloke who sneaks goals in the square when play has stopped, but has achieved nothing else, Wingard has tickets on himself.

Matthew Nicholls made his usual dopey calls. Absolute garbage umpire.
Genuinely awful... what were those 50 calls and the soft frees in front of goal and the free in the middle after Fyfe kicked that goal?! This is wrecking our percentage man.

Positives
  • Midfield group looked great at times, that Fyfe to Mundy clearance gave me nostalgic tingles.
  • Fyfe is back.
  • Baeshaw.
  • Caleb Serong just gives a shit. Like, really cares. Every contest, every scuffle, every goal, he cares. You could see him coaching / talking through scenarios with players all over the ground. He's a proper footy head.

Negatives
  • Acres injury. He has been playing well so it's a shame for him that it has happened now. He had ice on and it was low down so hopefully it's only 4 weeks.
  • Is there a bigger disappointment than O'Meara? Should be a star of the comp but is just meh.
Wingard being a flog is not a negative - it gives me great amusement! Hahahaha

Negatives

I fail to see how the O'meara and Wingard points are negatives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need Noddy’s next follow up scan to come through all good, starting to run out of wings if Acres did a bad one. Henry’s form has been picking up at Peel the last two games he played which is important, might be needed soon

Probably the most entertaining game of the year other than the Geelong win. We are so good to watch.

Young is turning into an absolute beast.

Logue, Colyer, Hughes all good.

Hopefully Acres is alright. Didn't have ice on his hammy and seemed semi positive.

The bye has arrived. Let's see how we respond in the second half of the year.
I must of been watching a different game! That was rough as guts. Ah well, a win is a win. Onto the next one.

Need Noddy’s next follow up scan to come through all good, starting to run out of wings if Acres did a bad one. Henry’s form has been picking up at Peel the last two games he played which is important, might be needed soon
Another week for Peel.
But Acres is more then wing. He comes inside and burns players using his strength and speed

Positives
  • Fyfe is back.
  • Baeshaw.

Negatives
I wash just trying to explain to my dad how good a footy brain Caleb has. ‘Proper footy head’ sums it up to a tee. He’s going to have a decent media career after footy if he chooses to.

I wash just trying to explain to my dad how good a footy brain Caleb has. ‘Proper footy head’ sums it up to a tee. He’s going to have a decent media career after footy if he chooses to.
I’d put my money on him being a coach

Missed the game.

How did Fyfe play? Did it work or did he get in the way of others?

How bad is Acres?

Who were the best players?

Fyfe did well all things considered and no, he definitely didn't get in others way, what a strange question.

Acres was full on crying on the bench but was walking around on the ground no trouble at all after the game. Who knows how bad it is, I suspect he'll miss 3.

Cox was superb! So too Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Clark, Ryan, Brodie, Aish and Acres. Banfield was terrible. Pearce, Logue and Switta were beaten. Umps favoured Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back