Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

IMHO when Will Brodie is firing we pump teams and when he doesn’t we struggling somewhat. Today he had a quiet first half but started to improve from half time and consequently we edged away from the Hawks. I think he’s a key influencer in games. Solid pick up.

IMHO when Will Brodie is firing we pump teams and when he doesn’t we struggling somewhat. Today he had a quiet first half but started to improve from half time and consequently we edged away from the Hawks. I think he’s a key influencer in games. Solid pick up.

Agree, he was huge in the second half! Incredibly important to our first 22!

Logue got outworked and didn't compete hard enough in patches but he didn't drop his bundle.

Fyfe looks rusty but that's ok.

Had Hawk fans hurling homophobic slurs at the freo players behind my head, spilling beer down the back of my skirt sticking to my legs.

But he won, so stuff those jerks. Go sit on a traffic bollard.

You can just tell we are going to play the pee and poos in some important finals over the next few years. We owe them for 2013
And owe the Hawks for 2015 as well.

If Freo some how meets the Hawks in the finals this year, we are better prepared this time compared to 2012-15

Saying that we beat them in that 2010 Elim final.

That was a tough fought out game as the Hawks are a better team than their ladder position suggests
After our guys getting up mentally and physically for the last two weeks and knocking off the comp leaders I think we relaxed a little but still had the composure to slog out a win.
Its also the first game where I thought some of our guys were a bit gassed in the last quarter - which could be attributed to the last two weeks one would think- good time for the bye.
We’re starting to get some steel in our spines - I like it.

If Freo some how meets the Hawks in the finals this year, we are better prepared this time compared to 2012-15

Would’ve thought it’d be hard to miss finals from 9 wins in 13 games.

Melbourne, Brisbane, Freo and Carlton have already done it. St Kilda (assuming they lose tonight), Geelong and Sydney are there if they win next week. St Kilda have Essendon and Geelong have West Coast which you can mark down. Sydney have Port which isn’t quite as easy.

If Carlton beat Richmond (should be a good game) and all the above win next week then there’s a two game gap between 7th (nine wins) and 8th (seven wins). It’ll be extremely competitive for that last spot with Richmond, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast all on the mix.

Hawks have been won four games. It’d be some next level Steve Bradbury sh** if they make finals this year. They’re much better than I thought they’d be at this stage though.

I know your all going to hate it, but I would be putting Connor Blakely on a wing this weekend for Peel & get him in front of the screen all week learning Acres role.

He’s on the list & it’s pretty clear he’s not going to get a game as an inside mid, so why not put him out there at Peel & see what happens. We lack experienced depth in that area & he has played half back & wing before.

The concern is his disposal, but if he’s not going to get a game as an inside then let’s play him at Peel where he may be of use this season. Hopefully Acres is not too bad, but if I was Connor, I’d be suggesting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue got outworked and didn't compete hard enough in patches but he didn't drop his bundle.

Fyfe looks rusty but that's ok.

Had Hawk fans hurling homophobic slurs at the freo players behind my head, spilling beer down the back of my skirt sticking to my legs.

But he won, so stuff those jerks. Go sit on a traffic bollard.
Logue just needs to calm his farm a bit and think his way through things a bit better.. obviously has never been up forward much but you can see the potential is really there for him.

I haven’t watched the replay yet but I thought it was a cracking game. Hawthorn would have beaten 16 other sides the way they played today. They played our game style better than us for long periods of the game.
I need to watch the replay, but I don’t understand how Reeves can just stand behind Darcy at every boundary throw in just holding Darcy’s arms down. Surely that can’t be legal, or maybe I‘m looking at those contests with my one purple eye.

I haven’t watched the replay yet but I thought it was a cracking game. Hawthorn would have beaten 16 other sides the way they played today. They played our game style better than us for long periods of the game.
I need to watch the replay, but I don’t understand how Reeves can just stand behind Darcy at every boundary throw in just holding Darcy’s arms down. Surely that can’t be legal, or maybe I‘m looking at those contests with my one purple eye.
I saw the same thing and thought "That's a free, annnnnnd That's a free, annnnnnd That's a free.... ohhhh come on how did he block when he was grabbed!"

Just a straight up hard fought win. Think it was a good game for a neutral to watch.

Walker was hard done by with the free in the square and Hughes was a bit unlucky with that free against Breust. Don't blame Breust though, it was a clever move by a clever forward.

Highly unlikely we'll see the Hawks in the finals this year...4 - 9 record so they'd need to get on a roll and win all their remaining games

The thing I am liking about Logue up forward is his second and third efforts. If he doesn't clunk the mark, he keeps his feet and applies the pressure. There were three or four key moments where this either led to goals or sustained time inside the forward 50. I don't see this as consistently from Lobb or Tabener,

Thought Aish was quiet first half but played pretty good in the second. Was instrumental in a few pushes from d50 and gave some good i50s (or i70s) which put us in a really nice position to attack.

Does Caleb Serong have the best hands in the league?

Guys! My work roster finally lined up and I'm going to my first game of the year today!

It's only the 6th game I've ever been to...

We lost every one of those games by heaps...

Never seen a Freo win...

... I'm sure I'm not jinxing us though. Freo by 150 points, what could POSSIBLY go wrong? 😀
I was close to canceling my account at half time...

... NEVER IN DOUBT THOUGH BOYSSSS LETS GO

Great win by the boys. Responded well when challenged by a very determined Hawks outfit who have shown that on their day, they can compete against the top teams.

Our youngins led the way beautifully... Andy, Caleb, Youngy, Cox and co.

Great having Fyfe back...he'll will continue to build in the coming weeks as he works off the rust.

Logue got better as the game wore on and was involved in quite a few of our scores. Sicily had his measure but that'd be expected as he's a very good defender and having an AA contention year.

Hopefully not a serious hammy to Acres...

Boys deserve a good rest with the bye and hopefully come back fresh and firing for the second half of the year leading into finals 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back