From a Docker... Congrats on the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the kind words from freo supporters. Well done on a great game. Certainly will be up there with the best next year.

So far I've been very impressed with Freo fans' grace in defeat. I talked with a Freo fan on the way home from the MCG, and he was philosophical about it all. Your team has done extraordinarily well this year, especially when you look at the huge Freo injury list. I'm sure you'll be up there in years to come, and I fear meeting you in another grand final.

Cheers.

Well done Freo, your players and supporters are a massive credit to your club. Pavlich is a champion, his dignity spoke volumes. If we don't play in the GF, hope Freo win it :thumbsu:

Massive respect for Dockers fans in this thread.

A very classy bunch. Best wishes to you all. :thumbsu:

Give us a month or two and we'll go back to being annoying purple ****s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the HFC and its fans. The better team won on the day and you thoroughly deserved it. While gutted I can take some solace in that at least it was Hawthorn who beat my team. A bit of background, my uncle used to play for the hawks in the golden 80's and won a few cups with you boys and is still involved with the club. So suffice to say i have a bit of a soft spot still for the hawkers. So congrats, hopefully its a purple reign next year though. Enjoy it. I am utterly jealous :)

Is your uncle Gary Buckenara?
If so, a true legend of our club and one of my personal favorites.

Kudos for the post and the gracious attitude. :thumbsu:

Is your uncle Gary Buckenara?
If so, a true legend of our club and one of my personal favorites.

Kudos for the post and the gracious attitude. :thumbsu:

Yep he is. I know he and the rest of the family on the east coast will be partying on. Like I said glad that it was the hawks we lost to, if we had to lose a GFthat is. Hopefully its Freo's turn next year though. Congrats guys and soak it all in. Best team all year. Well done.

I must say: this time last year, I posted a heartfelt congratulations to the Swans and as I did, I thought to myself that we will win it next year. The experience is very valuable, and you don't allow a second one to slip away.

I genuinely like Freo and Ross Lyon, and I would probably have been supporting them against anyone else. My early tip for next year is Freo, and if that eventuates, I'll be very happy to see you guys celebrate your 20 year anniversary with a flag.

Awesome effort guys congrats on the win glad to hear that our fans at the G showed the respect deserved and represented the club in great spirit just like our two captains, as a heads up when does the numb feeling go away?

Awesome effort guys congrats on the win glad to hear that our fans at the G showed the respect deserved and represented the club in great spirit just like our two captains, as a heads up when does the numb feeling go away?

By about 6pm this evening (EST) :)

Just echoing what others have said, thanks for your gracious words and congrats on a great season. Our trip to Subi next year maybe a little more difficult then the Rd2 romp over Whack Coast this year.

Well done guys, I sat there for almost an hour in my seat after the final siren trying to digest everything that had happened in the previous 3 hours, but there was just no denying that your boys outplayed us and deserved victory.

Simply too good, enjoy it. And kudos to your supporters to being good winners, I didn't have a single Hawk supporter rubbing it in my face after the game and the only grief I received came from Eagles fans cheering for you!

Well done guys, I sat there for almost an hour in my seat after the final siren trying to digest everything that had happened in the previous 3 hours, but there was just no denying that your boys outplayed us and deserved victory.

Simply too good, enjoy it. And kudos to your supporters to being good winners, I didn't have a single Hawk supporter rubbing it in my face after the game and the only grief I recieved came from Eagles fans cheering for you!

I felt exactly the same when Sydney beat us last year. They deserved it on the day, but I was still numb and shattered.
Freo fans have earned respect for their dignity today. Congrats and best wishes to you. :thumbsu:

Was very impressed with the Freo crowd. They were loud and cheerful. They really neutralised the home crowd advantage.
They were very admirable after the game also.

Both sets of supporters did themselves proud. A few huge roars from the Hawk faithful in that last quarter.

We dreamed and hoped but the best team of 2013 deservedly won the premiership.

Your foot skills were too good.

Congratulations and enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

From a Docker... Congrats on the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back