From a Docker... Congrats on the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game by hawthorn and a deserved win. Great supporters too who I had some enjoyable chats with before and after game. The crowds at the game were great on both sides...although the looks on your faces in the third was funny ;)

Also thanks to Melbourne generally for putting on the purple and making us welcome.

You cant knock the Freo fans, they were very passionate at the ground yesterday and gracious in defeat today.
Had Hawthorn not made the GF I would have been barracking for them to win the game.

A strong club who once again will be very tough to beat next year.

Jeeze really impressed with the Freo fans I encountered yesterday. From where I was, I observed that there didn't seem to be the mass exodus on the final siren like one might expect and my group also had many Freo fans congratulate us on the win. Good work Dockers.

Well done Hawks,
our boys were over-awed with the occasion and learnt a valuable lesson from your team
I'm off for another beer to cry in
PS: can we have Buddy!.......and no, your not getting our Fyfe

Just been spat out the other side of an amazing 3 days, and a part of it were the Freo fans.

The GF Parade surprised the hell out of me, so many and so vocal, and the random conversations yesterday after the game were good spirited and enjoyable!

We had a few drinks in the closest Pub we found ourselves near on Friday (The Duke of Wellington of Fremantle), and was soon to find out it was the Freo home base watering-hole. Immediately I thought, bloody hell, but it turned out to be a great arvo.

Hats off Freo.

great spirit shown by the dockers supporters here, fantastic effort and great atmosphere at the ground, that freo chant is deafening.. crowley took what came to him like a man and didn't complain so kudos to him. So happy with the win and The Cricketers Arms was going off after the game... BREUST there it is!! :D go hawks

Well done Hawks,
our boys were over-awed with the occasion and learnt a valuable lesson from your team
I'm off for another beer to cry in
PS: can we have Buddy!.......and no, your not getting our Fyfe

Well if we can't have Fyfe.... Sandilands, Walters, Suban and Barlow will do for the exchange:cool:

congrats on the cup guys, the pain im feeling is immense at the moment so can only imagine how the team feels. thought you guys played a great game, i have a lot of respect for how hawthorn play footy. wasn't impressed with how the media treated you guys prior to the game, i think most of Australia just got a little excited with the whole "freos first chance at a premiership" which i guess is fair enough but you've shown why you finished on top of the ladder. very skillful team, good luck for next season and hopefully we will see each other in the finals next year.

Congrats Hawks, what a professional, finals hardened team you are. Luke Hodge, what a class act, and Gunston was very unlucky not to take home Normy.
Enjoy the win, well deserved.

Your Captain Pavlich is a very humble captain who leads from the front, as are the supporters who are from freo posting here. The purple haze will be force to come into its own right over the next couple of years, hopefully see you back here on GF day 2014, same time, same place, take two! GO HAWKAS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd also like to shout out a thanks to all Dockers supporters. A class above most other teams supporters when it comes to being gracious in defeat.

Went out after the game to celebrate til around 3am and shared many drinks with Freo supporters, all were fantastic and plenty of fun to hang out with! Simply awesome to see teams supporters come together the way they did, especially when one side had just lost in a Grand final.

Keep your heads up Docker fans, you'll be back better than ever.

Agree with the above about the freo fans. It really felt like we were the away team.

It was a beautiful atmosphere. But its makes it a tiny bit more special if your team is there.:D

Loved the colours being shown out. Had one bay of Yellow and Brown then a bay of purple and white. it was a awesome sight to see.

Lot of respect for Fremantle, and Pavlich as well. Always loved watching Pavlich lead the Dockers.. so loyal and classy. He could've left if he wanted to, but he hasn't and his ongoing loyalty defines the word. Nothing but admiration.

Supporters were great too. They got behind their team & that's what it's all about. Fremantle's time will come soon!

Late to the party guys as with family here in Melbourne, brother just left now its just me for a few days till I go back over.

Well done and thankyou for a great game/experience. Have been dreading the expected (and realised) bay 13 gloats but in all seriousness haven't had a better time interstate for a game. That's after living as a docker in Sydney through 06 and all the trips east over the last few seasons.

Youve been up there for a while and deserve the ultimate reward. It fills me with hope and confidence we can replicate a similar result over the next few years, injuries etc willing.

Loved the whole week, from a sprinkle of purple on Tuesday to the sea on Fridays, then the flood down the river from fed square on Saturday. Fantastic.

Once again, cheers, congrats, and we'll be back next ywar!

Remove this Banner Ad

From a Docker... Congrats on the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back