CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
From The Coach email .......

Alternate text

Dear Aph,

It is an honour to write to you for the first time as the AFL Senior Coach of your football club.

Firstly, thank you for welcoming me to the Carlton family. I have been overwhelmed by the messages of support and it only confirms what I already knew – this club is built off such incredible passion and I can’t wait to share that together as we take Carlton forward.

As you would have seen earlier today, we were able to deliver some great news in finalising our assistant coaching panel for the 2022 AFL season.

To be able to attract the highly respected and accomplished Ashley Hansen to IKON Park as our Senior Assistant – forward line and offensive coach, is a fantastic result for our football club.

For the last seven years Ashley has forged a very successful coaching career at the Western Bulldogs, initially as a development coach before taking charge of Footscray in the VFL, where he took them to a Premiership before being promoted to the senior coaching staff.

Ashley will take charge of our forward line, a role he has filled with great success for the last four years at the Bulldogs.

Ashley joins Aaron Hamill and Tim Clarke who we’ve recently announced as additions to our coaching group alongside myself, our Head of Development Luke Power and development coach Daniel O’Keefe.

I could not be more excited to get to work with this group of coaches to set our players up for a pre-season that will focus on three things; hard work, high standards and building connection with not only each other but the entire club, including you, our members.

You won’t see us getting caught up in expectations, what has happened in the past or what may happen in the future – our focus is, and will, remain on the now.

To put it simply, we’ll be getting to work.

We’ll challenge each other as we build something special together, based off our actions and an uncompromising appetite to compete.

I want to let you know that the responsibility of representing your football club is not lost on us.

We want to represent the Carlton Football Club the right way and make you as proud to wear the Navy Blue as we will be.

Stay safe, stay well and hopefully I get the chance to meet many of you throughout the pre-season.

Go Blues,

Michael Voss
AFL Senior Coach
Member ID: 4913798

Voss addresses Members vid:-

I am sure he is ready for legend status.

One of the greatest and toughest players to have played the game - here's to being a multiple premiership coach with his childhood Blues.

Right behind ya Vossy.
This.
Best I felt about our coach in decades.
So refreshing a feeling to have as a supporter.

This off season has a “feel good” about it.

We now have a unified voice & shared goals from the president to the players.
This will make a huge difference.

Shape up or ship out - No more excuses!

Voss was able to build his own team of assistant coaches - when was the last time this happened?

Now get Cerra & Young and let’s go for finals in 2022 :D

Is it just me but does it seem like Vossy has the same speech writer as our Prime Minister.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had a lot of “packaged” messaging in recent years. The Journey to cliches to financial outcomes. When I read this email this afternoon, it felt footy genuine. Let’s enjoy this ride Bluebaggers.
Revered Voss as a player, let’s hope he brings this no nonsense mentality to the Blues.

Today's email ...

615c205450487.jpg

Hi Aph,

On Monday, the hard work begins again, and we can’t wait for it. It’s good to be back.

The off-season was an important time for us all, a chance to regroup, reflect and recover from the demands this great game has on all of us.

Hopefully you’ve been able to freshen up as well, and are ready to embrace it all with us in 2023.

Our first-to-fourth-year players will officially return for pre-season training next week, with our senior players scheduled to do the same on December 5.

This time of year brings with it the obvious question; ‘What is the expectation for next season?’
For us, the answer is simple – We are not limiting ourselves.

We control what we can achieve in 2023.

Why put a limit or a label on what the end result might be?

There is a clean slate, a clear mindset, and a real belief that if we put in the work now, we will earn the right to achieve success.

‘Staying in the now’ will be a term you will hear often. Why? Because we know that every moment matters for us as a football club and if we get ‘now’ right, the end result takes care of itself.

At the top of this email I touched briefly on the opportunity to reflect, and clearly, with the way our 2022 AFL season ended, there would have been plenty to ponder for every one of us who proudly wears the dark Navy Blue.

The reality is that when it comes to describing last season, we got so much right as a football club, we just didn’t finish the way we wanted.

That ending hurt. It hurt a lot. And we don’t shy away from that – it is part of the story of what we are building.

The best part for us though? We control the story from here. We get to dictate what the next chapter looks like for us.

As a whole, the 2022 season provided us with a strong platform to build on.

Now, we go to another level.

We experienced huge transformation in our first 12 months together. This pre-season though, is about raising the bar.

On the field, we’ll look to grow our contested game even more, while adding layers to our transition, both with and without the football.

Off the field, it is continuing to establish our culture, based on selflessness and being a good teammate.

A strong connection to one another is a trademark our playing group is beginning to wear with pride. There is a growing understanding that you put the hard work in for your teammates, not just yourself.

These innate behaviours are developed over many pre-seasons, not just one.

Given our lack of continuity during last season, our group as a whole didn’t get the chance to spend extended periods together on the field, however this pre-season gives us that opportunity – to build depth to our game plan and have that natural growth that will come as we spend more time together.

We have already taken significant steps in this regard during our first 12 months, which has us well-placed to go to another level in 2023.

So, as we get set to hit the training track next week and embrace what is ahead of us, we do it with a clear mind, a ‘no limits’ approach, ready to raise all aspects of our football club.

Most importantly, we want to share this with you.

A key reflection for me after my first 12 months in this role, is how significant the connection is between this football club and our supporters and how powerful that really is.

No other crowd can generate the emotion, the passion and the sheer energy like a Carlton home crowd.

You give us an edge that no other football club has.

We are extremely grateful for that and want you to be with us, supporting us as we strive to raise the bar in 2023.

It’s time to get busy getting better.

Let’s get to work,

615cef2ee739e.png

Michael Voss
AFL Senior Coach

Video link:-

Yesterday's email ...

615c205450487.jpg

Hi Aph,

It’s time to get to work.

I hope you, like us as coaches and players, were able to refresh over the AFL off-season and enjoy time with friends and family.

While the break was needed, I’m sure you can agree that it doesn’t take long before we start to miss this football club and want to be around each other again as Carlton people.

We have just completed our first day of the 2024 pre-season, so I figured it was timely to touch base and give you an insight into how we are attacking the summer ahead of us.

Our first-to-four year players officially returned to the Club today, full of energy and motivated to take the opportunity that is ahead of them.

Our senior players are scheduled to return next Monday, though it was terrific to see so many of them here today, with more to return back to the Club as the week progresses.

During our first two years together we have put so much energy into creating an environment that our people want to be a part of.

If the energy around IKON Park today is anything to go by as our players reconnected with each other, that environment has grown into one of genuine care, connection and shared sense of purpose.

So how are we approaching this pre-season?

It’s really clear for us: stay humble and stay hungry.

There is humility in knowing that the biggest steps we need to take are still ahead of us.

This AFL competition waits for no one, it is as even as it has ever been. We are fully aware that there is still a significant gap we need to make up, in order to put ourselves in the best position to compete throughout an entire home and away season.

That is where our focus lies.

It is also where our hunger comes from.

Every day we walk through the doors of IKON Park, we will be pushing one another. Our biggest challenge, our biggest expectation, will come from within.

And a massive strength for us this campaign is that as we enter our third year together, we have real clarity on what we demand of ourselves as Carlton people.

On the field: pressure, contest and being selfless.

Off the field: we are proud, humble and stable in our key areas.

It takes many years for a team to establish an identity, and we are far from the finished product, but we attack this summer with a clear understanding of what we need to get after – what we demand of one another.

It’s fair to say we have experienced a lot together as a football club over the last two years, experiences that have given us not only resilience, but an incredible trust.

That trust in each other, and clarity of who we are and what we stand for as a football club, will hold us in great stead when those challenges inevitably come our way during the season.

One of the more lasting memories of 2023 was the connection we felt between us all as Carlton people.

We want to take that to another level.

Because it is clubs that earn success, not teams.

As a fan base, you are central to that. You elevate us.

We feel every bit of energy you send our way.

Not just on game day, but around the Club during the week, or bumping into one another down the street.

I love it when I pop down to the shops and see another person wearing their Carlton gear walking towards me. We all know what to do in that situation — a nod of the head, a little smile and a quick “‘Baggers” as we walk past one another.

Our monogram means so much to so many people.

We want you to be proud to wear it.

Who we represent drives us every day and that mentality makes our connection run so much deeper than just the end result.

This campaign will be about clarity, connection and a need to keep moving forward – three key traits that will enable us to embrace the experiences that lay ahead of us in 2024.

So it’s time to get after it, Aph

Stay humble and stay hungry.

Thank you, as always, for your support.

Go Blues,

Michael Voss
AFL Senior Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back