List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of of draft year lol
Tried to compile a list based on what ever information I could find. If anyone could fill in the rest of the gaps, feel free to assist.

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021) :crossmark:
Jai Makepeace (2021/22) :crossmark:
Thomas Longmire (2021/22):crossmark:

Dylan Makepeace (2022) :crossmark:
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023) :crossmark:
Lucas Rocca (2023) :crossmark:
Billy Longmire (2023) :crossmark:

Ryder Makepeace (2024)
Will Crocker (2024)
River Stevens (2024)
Lucas McCartney (2024)
Zach Fairley (2025)
Kayde Pickett (2025)
Owen Simpson (2025)
Archer Grant (2025)
Kai Schwass (2025)
Sam Harris (2026)
Aiden McCartney (2026)
Marcus Rocca (2027-2028)
Sasha Demetriou (2027-2028)
Suede Makepeace (2027-2028)

James Rock [2022-2027] TBC

Jack Petrie (2028)
Conor Rawlings (2029)
Hudson Harvey (2030)
Thomas Colbert (~2031)
Noah McMahon (2031)
Ryder Hansen (2031)
Lenny Firrito (2031)
Mason Sinclair (2032)
Lachlan Goldstein (2033)
Max Firrito (2034)
Xavier Cunnington (2034)
Sebastian Gibson (2034)
Jude Swallow (2035)
Cohen Thomas (2035)
Sonny Sinclair (2037)
Flynn Thompson (2037)
Carter Carey (2037)
Charlie Goldstein (2039)
Kobe Cunnington (2039)
Laker Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Colbert (2032+)

Ineligible
-------------------------------------
Tyler Welsh (2024) - Son of Scott
Tom Cochrane (2024) - Son of Stuart
Jagger Mooney (2025) - Son of Cameron
Dougie Cochrane (2026)
Kody Lecras (2026)
Ethan Abraham - Son of Winnie
Gary Abraham - Son of Winnie
[Unknown name] Abraham - Son of Winnie
Elijah Anderson (2030) - Son of Jed
Jasiah Anderson (2031) - Son of Jed
Archer Harvey (2025) - Son of Shane
Jett Harvey (2028) - Son of Shane
Slater Harvey (2031) - Son of Shane
Louis Thompson (2021) - Son of Nathan
Benjamin Thompson (2023) - Son of Nathan
Jude Dal Santo (2033)
Hendrix Daw (2037)
Isaiah Hall (2038)
Riley Polec (2038)

Last edited:
from centralrookieme on last week's game

Geelong Falcons 12.10 (82) def. by GWV Rebels 14.11 (95)

GEELONG FALCONS:

River Stevens
Small Forward | 176cm | 26/06/2006

Stats:
13 disposals, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal

Stevens impressed once again with his pressure game and hardness at the footy, burrowing down at ground level and throwing his 176cm frame around. The North Melbourne father-son hopeful set the tone with a strong tackle in the early stages, and went on to be a busy operator in the high forward role. He held his own over the ball and wore contact relatively well while also dishing out his own hits. Stevens bagged a running goal in term two to momentarily take the lead before half time.

Precisely the type of player we need

from centralrookieme on last week's game

Geelong Falcons 12.10 (82) def. by GWV Rebels 14.11 (95)

GEELONG FALCONS:

River Stevens
Small Forward | 176cm | 26/06/2006

Stats:
13 disposals, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal

Stevens impressed once again with his pressure game and hardness at the footy, burrowing down at ground level and throwing his 176cm frame around. The North Melbourne father-son hopeful set the tone with a strong tackle in the early stages, and went on to be a busy operator in the high forward role. He held his own over the ball and wore contact relatively well while also dishing out his own hits. Stevens bagged a running goal in term two to momentarily take the lead before half time.
If he's half as hard as his old boy, he'll go on to have a nice career.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does trading in Darling for potentially pick 64 impact our ability to get River? Assumably can rookie him?
No. Perplexed said if we don't have a pick late and he's bid on past say pick 58 (our last pick) then the discount of 25% or whatever it is cancels out the points required to match the bid on River.
If there's no bid in the national draft then we can rookie him as our last pick in the rookie draft automatically I believe.

Thought he played well in the first VC game when he kicked a couple of goals.
Cats with Falcons and school footy connections might be the only team who might bid late on him.
Sometimes the decision to take a club legend's son in the ND for the story trumps just taking them as a rookie pick.
It will be interesting to see what happens, we took Jackson on draft night when some said it wasn't warranted.

I’m still not convinced we view him as even rookie worthy

Well at least I dont

I would not pay a second thought to him had he have a different surname
Archer wouldn't have been recruited either based based on his junior form. I'm happy with the way he is progressing, and I think his ceiling will be high enough to be in our team when we're contending.

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Started pre season early.

Would be handy in the fwd line…can play that small fwd role we’ve been after until he has a growth spurt.
Looks like he could be a very zippy player…get in and under quickly and steal the ball without them noticing.
On other points…geez when he hits draft age…l don’t want to know how old l am.

I'm just pleased to see the Duck at Arden St. He's a tool, but he's still our greatest ever player.

There'll be a lot of expectation on young Carter, hope he can avoid being overwhelmed by it and find a love of the game.

Jackson Warne played some junior cricket and showed a bit of promise. But seemed to not enjoy being in his old man's shadow and quit pretty soon afterwards. John Bradman changed his name for a while, it's not easy when your father was a great.

I'm just pleased to see the Duck at Arden St. He's a tool, but he's still our greatest ever player.

There'll be a lot of expectation on young Carter, hope he can avoid being overwhelmed by it and find a love of the game.

Jackson Warne played some junior cricket and showed a bit of promise. But seemed to not enjoy being in his old man's shadow and quit pretty soon afterwards. John Bradman changed his name for a while, it's not easy when your father was a great.
Ablett managed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary certainly did, but Nathan didn't.
It comes down to personality. Some will love the chance to follow on in their old man's footstep's and build on the family legacy. While others will find the pressure too much and want a quieter life
I like that he has skulls on his shirt, shows a bit of personality. I may be grasping here though!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back