Future Magpies Watch '09

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the more important thing is to get the boys selected for the Western Sydney U18 team to compete in the TAC cup.

Far better quality competition for a lot longer period (over the season).

If it was just the National Champs, they'd get 4-5 high quality games, and then have to go back to playing rubbish opposition.

Great thread and discusion though.

I think the more important thing is to get the boys selected for the Western Sydney U18 team to compete in the TAC cup.

Far better quality competition for a lot longer period (over the season).

If it was just the National Champs, they'd get 4-5 high quality games, and then have to go back to playing rubbish opposition.

Great thread and discusion though.

But would we lose there Scholarship if they did that?

No Dave, in fact many of the boys on scholarships have been training with the WS18 side to play in the TAC Cup. As King Woodie mentioned it would give them some quality opposition to play against. Young likely wouldn't be involved as he's playing VFL for us, but maybe Witts/Hartley/Perry would be in contention.

I might scout around and see who's in the training squad, if such info is available online.

No Dave, in fact many of the boys on scholarships have been training with the WS18 side to play in the TAC Cup. As King Woodie mentioned it would give them some quality opposition to play against. Young likely wouldn't be involved as he's playing VFL for us, but maybe Witts/Hartley/Perry would be in contention.

I might scout around and see who's in the training squad, if such info is available online.

That's Good then - Hope they make it so we I can go and check them out in the TAC Cup:thumbsu:

Yeah, not sure what the story is with Josh... he is only 16, but so are Yakimov, Hartley etc. We have yet to see if Carracher makes it for that matter, but so far so good.

Yeah, not sure what the story is with Josh... he is only 16, but so are Yakimov, Hartley etc. We have yet to see if Carracher makes it for that matter, but so far so good.

Hope all make it

He was part of their squad last year too... ah well, on current indications he's unlikely to be a world-beater. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was part of their squad last year too... ah well, on current indications he's unlikely to be a world-beater. ;)

Hopefully you are Correct,

Is there any Possible Pies Father/Sons to look out for Next Season?

Yeah, Jackson Starcevich would be close, IIRC he played U16's this year so he'd be a slim chance to be picked to play for Qld as a bottom-aged player in 2010.

Yeah, Jackson Starcevich would be close, IIRC he played U16's this year so he'd be a slim chance to be picked to play for Qld as a bottom-aged player in 2010.

Well if he does get a Go then we could be on to a Possible player there.

What kind of player is he and do you have any info on him?

He plays as a CHF most of the time. Any other info is in here, and there're 569 posts now so I'm not going back through it.

Heard from a reliable source that Josh Parsons has had his scholarship contract ripped up

I heard from a reliable source that someone saying something ludicrous with a username like "hamish crayfish" shouldn't be trusted blindly.

Want any updates, Vinnie? The original statement was correct...not so ludicrous after all...but you are the expert on all things

No, Ben Camilleri will not be rookied. We have three boys eligible next year however, in Perry, Young and Witts.

Can we pre select Young on our senior list with our last pick, put one of the others on the NSW Rookie List and another on our normal rookie list? If it could it would mean that we get all of them at the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Future Magpies Watch '09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back