Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior coach: Bev
Senior assistant/DOC: Egan
Forwards: Hale
Midfield: Edge
Stoppage: Lade
Defenders: Pratt
VFL: Kornberg
Development: Maddocks, Spangher

Or some switching around here and there. I'd still like maybe a bigger voice but this would be, at least based on public level of esteem, a much stronger setup than we had last year.

Obviously all speculative at this stage. Just demonstrating that there are guys out there with pedigree that we have been linked to on some level. Too early for panic stations.

Or some switching around here and there. I'd still like maybe a bigger voice but this would be, at least based on public level of esteem, a much stronger setup than we had last year.

Obviously all speculative at this stage. Just demonstrating that there are guys out there with pedigree that we have been linked to on some level. Too early for panic stations.
Looks like a much stronger coaching panel. Think I’d prefer to see Hale and Edge swapped around though

That would be a hell of a step up for Egan wouldnt it?

I’d also like Kornberg involved with the AFL side if possible, how much involvement does VFL coach have? Maybe Maddocks can have a promotion to VFL coach (or even Spangher) & Kornberg to head of development - it seems a sideways move (or backwards to be honest) for him to come from GC VFL coach to Footscray vfl coach.

Either way I agree that looks a lot better on paper

Needs a Pyke, Leppa, type a person who has coached their own side to sit above this group including Bev

That would be a hell of a step up for Egan wouldnt it?

I’d also like Kornberg involved with the AFL side if possible, how much involvement does VFL coach have? Maybe Maddocks can have a promotion to VFL coach (or even Spangher) & Kornberg to head of development - it seems a sideways move (or backwards to be honest) for him to come from GC VFL coach to Footscray vfl coach.

Either way I agree that looks a lot better on paper

Or maybe Maddocks can move sideways out the door so we can start to end the whole matey matey ex St Bedes boys club thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what we knew would transpire is transpiring. No coach of any note wants anything remotely to do with Bevo.
Look it's simple. Bevo just needs to stop playing "another one bites the dust" as the potential assistants leave his office. It is just that simple.

This is starting to pan out like the movie Horrible Bosses where the Kevin Spacey character (boss) promotes himself to senior vice-president. Like announces it to the room and everything.

As if you can’t picture Bevo with a sledgehammer smashing down the wall between his office and the assistants to make a bigger room for himself.

Bevo will only be taking 85% of that additional salary, as he’s a team player after all.

Last edited:
What is Brendan McCartney doing these days 🤔
Coached North Ballarat to a 1 point loss in the BFL grand final (with a very young group of footballers). Still very hard nosed, but to his credit, he gets so much out of the players. He also assists Craig McRae at Collingwood, which from reports may have led him to be a bit more easy going

Reading this morning that Leppa was staying at Collingwood was very disappointing and dispiriting. Why is the club chasing this type of strong, experienced footy manager type just now? Why not months ago? Why not a few years ago? This seems like panic mode now? This is one of the biggest admin/board failures in my 45+ years following this club. And so what do we do, put out another Bont video, who in some ways was contradicting what KWW said at the B&F.

Reading this morning that Leppa was staying at Collingwood was very disappointing and dispiriting. Why is the club chasing this type of strong, experienced footy manager type just now? Why not months ago? Why not a few years ago? This seems like panic mode now? This is one of the biggest admin/board failures in my 45+ years following this club. And so what do we do, put out another Bont video, who in some ways was contradicting what KWW said at the B
Who’s to say that the club wasnt having informal negotiations with his management over the previous months and that he wouldn’t make a commitment until after Collingwoods season had concluded? It’s no accident that these stories are leaked to the media in the days prior to a described being made. It’s pretty obvious that it came directly from us as a way of getting Leppitsch to shit or get off the pot so we could move on.

Take a look at Leppitsch decision from the less condemnatory angle of the club and see it as an affirmation of the calibre of candidate that they are pursuing. In the end the may or may not succeed in finding someone with Leppitschs credentials to fill the role this year but if they don’t it won’t be because they only went after low hanging fruit. Or the obtuse notion that NobOdY LikEs BEveRidGe!!! Meme in here.

I'm done holding my breath with this club and management, it's just a constant slap in the sack. I have no doubt in a month they will roll out The Bont again and he will give another talk about the upcoming developments happening at the Whitten Oval and then in the last paragraph it'll mention that we have filled the following positions within the coaching group.

Lade - Forward Line
Noah Idea - Midfield
Steven Sieve - Defensive Line
Ray Charles - Opposition Analysis
Gavin Sanity - Stoppages (specializes in doing the same thing again and again)
Bevo - Head Coach
Dr Nick Riviera - Strength and Conditioning
Dan Andrews - Head of Coaching (who will promise 5 premierships in the next 3 years, The Commonwealth Games but will unfortunately have to do mass cuts to the medical and training staff unless we rename the ground Jinping Oval.)

But in all seriousness, I'm over giving a shit until this club pulls its head out of its arse. Now I may be wrong and they may already have people lined up and I'll end up with egg on my face, but we have nothing to hang our hat on and right now, the Lakes Entrance Seagulls are laughing at our apparent lack of organisation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back