Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m trying not be reactive week to week. But with every loss the chances of making the eight dwindle .

We have injuries , but our injured list isn’t extreme or even unusual in this attritional sport .

It’s two steps forward , one step back . Two or three wins, one loss. That won’t be enough .

This team won’t win a flag this year. But it should be more consistent than this, and be in contention soon if we focus on the right list and coaching areas.

Basically my view for the past 5-6 years. Nothing has changed. That the same coach is in charge is massive indictment on him imo.

Our forward who was second in the league for goal assist. Richards arguably our second best midfielder Weightmen Darcy could have been on track to win the Norm Smith JJ and Bailey Smith apologies to Harmes. I think that list is decent quality to be out of a AFL side

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our forward who was second in the league for goal assist. Richards arguably our second best midfielder Weightmen Darcy could have been on track to win the Norm Smith JJ and Bailey Smith apologies to Harmes. I think that list is decent quality to be out of a AFL side

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah…only the Pies have injuries

This team won’t win a flag this year. But it should be more consistent than this, and be in contention soon if we focus on the right list and coaching areas.

Basically my view for the past 5-6 years. Nothing has changed. That the same coach is in charge is massive indictment on him imo.
What part of the make-up of this list, throwing in the injuries, suggests it should be more consistent?

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What part of the make-up of this list, throwing in the injuries, suggests it should be more consistent?

It should be able to make tackles more consistently, and not let opposition players break those tackles regularly.

It should be able to handball to chests/in front rather than feet.

It should be able to make decisions better, and/or execute those decisions better.

Nobody should expect perfection, but competence should not be unachievable either.

The team wasn't consistent before the injuries ; of course they haven't helped.

If the team isn't mostly consistent, we don't make top 4
If the team isn't moderately consistent we don't make top 8

I didn't expect consistency this year because I've been burnt before . But if this list isn't capable of consistency, it begs the question- where are we at ?

Would a different coach be capable of consistent, week to week, year to year results ? The current coach isn't. That's been proven over close to a decade .

Perhaps the list isn't capable of consistent results ? If that's the case we're in a rebuild.
Would you trust a coach capable of short term, genius brilliance with the putative rebuild? Or would you look for a leader who offers consistency?

I’m trying not be reactive week to week. But with every loss the chances of making the eight dwindle .

We have injuries , but our injured list isn’t extreme or even unusual in this attritional sport .

It’s two steps forward , one step back . Two or three wins, one loss. That won’t be enough .

Our top 3 forwards were out - having said that the ball didn’t get to our forward line very often….

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It should be able to make tackles more consistently, and not let opposition players break those tackles regularly.

It should be able to handball to chests/in front rather than feet.

It should be able to make decisions better, and/or execute those decisions better.

Nobody should expect perfection, but competence should not be unachievable either.
Young players do not have the upper body strength for a couple of years.

When you have 6 to 8 of your best 18 players out, yes the skills drop off. More so when you are t8to get games into young players.

Yes our tackling was average but we did not get enough of the football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team wasn't consistent before the injuries ; of course they haven't helped.

If the team isn't mostly consistent, we don't make top 4
If the team isn't moderately consistent we don't make top 8

I didn't expect consistency this year because I've been burnt before . But if this list isn't capable of consistency, it begs the question- where are we at ?

Would a different coach be capable of consistent, week to week, year to year results ? The current coach isn't. That's been proven over close to a decade .

Perhaps the list isn't capable of consistent results ? If that's the case we're in a rebuild.
Would you trust a coach capable of short term, genius brilliance with the putative rebuild? Or would you look for a leader who offers consistency?
Consistency has nothing to do with you being burnt before.

We have to many players with under 50 games to be consistent and not enough with plus 100.

If those with plus 100 Williams, Daniel, and English are not bringing consistency. Those you would expect should are not playing at a time we were just starting to show consistency. I am not sure what people expect

I’m not vibing this week as Bevo’s fault for some reason. Felt like everything that could go wrong did go wrong on the night.

It wasn’t, but if we don’t make Top 8 this season it would 3 straight seasons of underperforming since our GF appearance in 2021.

Not good

When you have 6 to 8 of your best 18 players out, yes the skills drop off. More so when you are t8to get games into young players.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com

I’m sorry, I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.

Established players aren’t tackling properly. All players aren’t attacking properly.

We should have watched a good team, coached properly, go close to beat a decent team missing 4-5 of their best players. Instead we saw that ****ing debacle.

I’m sorry, I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.

Established players aren’t tackling properly. All players aren’t attacking properly.

We should have watched a good team, coached properly, go close to beat a decent team missing 4-5 of their best players. Instead we saw that ****ing debacle.
What you mean the same senior players that have never tackled properly? There are players getting a game due to where we are now that should be moved on seasons end

What you mean the same senior players that have never tackled properly? There are players getting a game due to where we are now that should be moved on seasons end

Daniel can’t or won’t tackle effectively anymore. I like him but if he can’t do it then he needs to go.

Bramble, Gallagher, West, Dale, Williams, Gallagher, Vandermeer. They can’t or won’t tackle, and only a couple of them can hit a target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back