Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

But they were playing a team just off their second bye! How this is fair in a close professional sport is beyond me?

The AFL has never been about fair.

Is there a more compromised 'fixture' of a major sport anywhere on the planet.

Dillon is a clown. A very well-paid one. But still a clown.

Brisbane were near certainties last night, for multiple reasons, many i outlined pre game.
But the key factor is that the DNA/ pulse or whatever you want to call it is not right and hasnt been for two and a half years. Its something we all feel intuitively but sometimes hope/passion clouds it.
You just know that the poor effort performance or patch in a game is never far away.
This recent 'good patch' was apparently player driven after a self-critique after a poor start to the season, it was never sustainable.
there really is only one sustainable way forward

The rest of the season is going to be fascinating. Last night was really disappointing but as others have pointed out - fixture, injuries and the fact Brisbane are still a good team, it wasn’t surprising to me.

We can only afford 3 more losses if we want to make finals. Two of our games are Sydney in Sydney and Geelong in Geelong - you can mark them down as two losses.

A lose to Freo, which I think is likely, sees us with no wiggle room.

If we have another season of no finals, I can still see a world where the Board stand by Bevo. I have no idea what the right call is, but it’s going to be very interesting come the end of the season.

In the calm light of day…we had a tough game last week with little rotation after we were down to two on the bench, in comparison to Brisbane just off their second bye if you don’t mind. Bont played the whole fourth without a rotation last week.

We had no forward line, missing the work that Naughton does up the field. Their defence dined out on what was left of our forwards, but I loved the cameo from JOD.

Midfield was missing Harmes, and especially Richards. We have a lot of kids Sanders, Gags, Garcia, Freijah, JOD, West. Libba back after a long stretch didn’t look right.
There is still a lot more growth and improvement to come in our boys, for Brisbane that is the best they will get, they are an older team, not missing anyone, with only one kid that I could see. Who still don’t have a premiership, and won’t get one this year either.

We are a team in transition, we can see the players who are coming to the end of their careers, and the green shoots coming through.

However the umpiring was poor, inconsistent, and falling for their flops, our tackling was poor, but I don’t get the free kicks from the middle, it was the worst I can remember.

Finally they never dropped their heads or gave up, they kept fighting it out to the end, a sign of a what is to come.

I’ve been a big critic of Bevo but I’ve found this year he has coached well for most of the season. Completely agreed with his selections early and still think Macrae and Daniel are no longer best 22 players for us.
Last night wasn’t only poor coaching but it was definitely a factor, yet again we refused to try anything to negate Neale. Brisbane really shut down our ball movement and we really had no other plan to get a bit of speed on the ball.
The club during the bye needs to rip the Band-Aid off and start the search for a new head coach.
The last couple weeks have shown we have the potential young core to compete again pretty quickly but I still haven’t seen anything from bevo to suggest he can coach us to a top 4 finish.
It’s a bit rough as it’s such a competitive season so missing finals isn’t a reflection of an utter failure, however with the talent this list has missing finals 2 years in a row is simply not good enough.
Hopefully they let him ride out the season, give him a farewell game at Marvel in round 23 but it’s time to part ways.
Desperately need to try a new game style whilst we have Bont in his last few years of his prime.

Consistency has nothing to do with you being burnt before.

We have to many players with under 50 games to be consistent and not enough with plus 100.

If those with plus 100 Williams, Daniel, and English are not bringing consistency. Those you would expect should are not playing at a time we were just starting to show consistency. I am not sure what people expect

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Will say it again for the people up the back….DANIEL IS COOKED…too slow, too weak and teams have figured him out. There was one glaring point last night, centre bounce, Daniel standing top of screen on the side of the square (why he is even in the centre bounce rotations still baffles me) ball bounced, Daniel hesitates, slow off the mark, opposition player runs in, has 5 metres or more on him, easy clearance to Lions.

If we didn’t have injuries, i can’t see a place for him at all

In the calm light of day…we had a tough game last week with little rotation after we were down to two on the bench, in comparison to Brisbane just off their second bye if you don’t mind. Bont played the whole fourth without a rotation last week.

We had no forward line, missing the work that Naughton does up the field. Their defence dined out on what was left of our forwards, but I loved the cameo from JOD.

Midfield was missing Harmes, and especially Richards. We have a lot of kids Sanders, Gags, Garcia, Freijah, JOD, West. Libba back after a long stretch didn’t look right.
There is still a lot more growth and improvement to come in our boys, for Brisbane that is the best they will get, they are an older team, not missing anyone, with only one kid that I could see. Who still don’t have a premiership, and won’t get one this year either.

We are a team in transition, we can see the players who are coming to the end of their careers, and the green shoots coming through.

However the umpiring was poor, inconsistent, and falling for their flops, our tackling was poor, but I don’t get the free kicks from the middle, it was the worst I can remember.

Finally they never dropped their heads or gave up, they kept fighting it out to the end, a sign of a what is to come.
Exactly how I see it….that could have been a massive blow out, but they kept toiling especially some of the kids who it shouldn’t be up to. Players like Dale and Daniel let them down. That kick in from Dale straight to Dunkley…fmd…if you are going cutesy, do it to a pocket ffs

It’s been so predictable over the past couple of years that when things look to be turning the side puts in a shocking performance. Then the predictable excuses come out whether it be injuries, umpires, the bye, the list not being good enough or whatever can suit that week, but the reality is the team has shown it’s potential plenty of times but the coach can’t find it consistently. I’d love it if Beveridge could stay for another ten years but on a very large sample size of evidence it’s very unlikely he’s taking the club forward. Right now the clubs become Norf under Scott, which is an absolute waste.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s been so predictable over the past couple of years that when things look to be turning the side puts in a shocking performance. Then the predictable excuses come out whether it be injuries, umpires, the bye, the list not being good enough or whatever can suit that week, but the reality is the team has shown it’s potential plenty of times but the coach can’t find it consistently. I’d love it if Beveridge could stay for another ten years but on a very large sample size of evidence it’s very unlikely he’s taking the club forward. Right now the clubs become Norf under Scott, which is an absolute waste.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again it was McNeill who let us down with a simple miss when the game was on the line and also West hitting the post for what seems like the 8th time in 3 weeks. At least West gives us something. McNeil is top off my delist list at this point

Maybe you can blame the forwards coach….but he doesn’t kick it for them…it’s probably just poor skill that he doesn’t have and can’t or won’t fix

Again it was McNeill who let us down with a simple miss when the game was on the line and also West hitting the post for what seems like the 8th time in 3 weeks. At least West gives us something. McNeil is top off my delist list at this point

Maybe you can blame the forwards coach….but he doesn’t kick it for them…it’s probably just poor skill that he doesn’t have and can’t or won’t fix
We kicked the first three goals, I thought Marra really stood up in that first quarter.

Except Adz first goal….that was Shane Warne esqe
I’d call iit more Lyonesque. It broke the other way. Warne, for all his skill, never had much of a wrong ‘un.

So we cop Freo next week ALSO off a bye!
There used to be a theory of teams being flat after a bye?
Damn sure the bye team ain’t lounging around the pool sipping cocktails nowadays?
It’s more their chance to regroup, mentally freshen up and come out renewed!
2 bye teams in 2 consecutive weeks doesn’t sit well..
Talk about stacking the odds against us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do fans expect something different after 9 years with bevo? we dont go on long winning runs

the-definition-of-53767b3734.jpg

Last edited:
Will say it again for the people up the back….DANIEL IS COOKED…too slow, too weak and teams have figured him out. There was one glaring point last night, centre bounce, Daniel standing top of screen on the side of the square (why he is even in the centre bounce rotations still baffles me) ball bounced, Daniel hesitates, slow off the mark, opposition player runs in, has 5 metres or more on him, easy clearance to Lions.

Daniel, Williams and Lobb. Keath has been ok but close to cooked to. Then we also have Mc Neil, Bramble and VDM who will never be good enough to get to be cooked.

Every one of them has a better younger still developing player out injured or suspended at the moment with the exception of Buss who should be in.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Please never say our forward coach by the name of an actual forward coach

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks Kylie

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We ain’t winning no premiership until these following players are out of the side:

Definite: Lobb, McNeil, Bramble, Keath, VDM

Maybe: Daniel, Gallagher (based on current form), still not happy with English.

Of course they aren’t the only problems, had plenty of best 22 players contribute not much at all, but the bottom 6 kills us.

I've heard a wisper the AFL integrity unit will investigate if the integrity of the competition is compromised by a team without a bye playing against a team who has had 2.
Lions looked to be harder at it and I feel like we had a flat week. All the changes with injuries and the missing personnel caught up with us.
The Lions with the week off had a chance to refresh and refocus and they made us pay for not being able to match them.
And just to top it off we get to face another rested team next week.
Our draw has turned out a lot harder than it appeared at first glance, and then losing players to injury has really hurt us this year.

Can't blame Bevo for last night. The lions were really recharged post the bye and we looked a little flat and our structure is off with no Darcy or Naughty. I'd be more frustrated if that shocking first half continued on but again the boys did not give up and definitely played better in the 2nd half.

We have blooded some new players this year who will have some ups and downs but adding Red, Naughton, Darcy, Weightman and Harmes back should be huge ins soon.

Have been saying it for a couple of years much to my daughters disgust as he is her favourite. There is no place for him in our side he is too easily exploited, and doesn’t have the pace to counteract his small stature.
Needs to be traded at the end of year for whatever we can get for him as I can't see anywhere he can be effective. And his kicking isn't anywhere near as good anymore.

Can't blame Bevo for last night.
I blame him for his stubbornness around using a tagger, or at least negating the most damaging mid from the opposition side. Time after time our opponent has a player that goes to town on us, and Neale is one player that always has a day out against the dogs.

Just look at bloody Newcombe or Tim Kelly last year when the season was on the line. Went rampant against us, surely Beveridge can pull some levers and apply a lockdown tagger at some point during the game.

Fagan knew the trick to beating the dogs is locking down Bont and surprise surprise they banged him up all night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back