Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re. Matt Inness' position.

Bevo did endorse one of Matt Inness' assistants for the vacancy last night. I can't remember his name.
As soon as I read this I thought ‘stay in your lane’. This is some of the the reasons we hear the problems with Bevo, great coach, m but sometimes thinks he’s a recruiter or now a football manager. When they improved Dimma and Bomber Thompson etc, the footy boss told them to just worry about coaching, we’ve hired managers to manage and recruiters to recruit, fitness experts to get them fit etc.

People saying Bevo is acting weird, or different or seems unwell. Back around preseason of 2016, i was lucky enough to get a invite to have lunch with then Ceo Dave Stevenson. So i went into the club and met up with Dave and Bevo joined us. Had a good chat to both and found him to be a really nice fella, but a bit strange. I honestly think its just him. I don't think hes changed much from those days.

I agree with this except for a bit of joylessness that crept in over the last couple of years. I was actually really pleased to see him smile and make a few jokes last night.

Are we actually going to do something though 😂

Surely we can at least poach a gun high performance manager instead of just promoting from within.

I’m not huge on an Edge promotion either, I’d be okay with it in combination with a decently big named signing or two. He’s been at the club since 2014, he’s the furtherest thing possible to ‘fresh blood’ and his only other AFL experience outside the club is GWS in their terrible beginning years.

Doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence to be completely honest

Are we actually going to do something though 😂

Surely we can at least poach a gun high performance manager instead of just promoting from within.

I’m not huge on an Edge promotion either, I’d be okay with it in combination with a decently big named signing or two. He’s been at the club since 2014, he’s the furtherest thing possible to ‘fresh blood’ and his only other AFL experience outside the club is GWS in their terrible beginning years.

Doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence to be completely honest

We've let go a lot of good assistants since 2016 😔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the Naughton news about Airport West and thought it was a pisstake. Just trying to figure out how it will actually work.
Why would it be a pisstake? Are players not allowed to do other things they are passionate about? Are they not allowed to attend uni or trade school during the week like 99% of AFL players do?

He would pop down every now and then on a Tuesday or Thursday night to offer some help where it’s needed and attend random games when it doesn’t clash with the AFL.

Why would it be a pisstake? Are players not allowed to do other things they are passionate about? Are they not allowed to attend uni or trade school during the week like 99% of AFL players do?

He would pop down every now and then on a Tuesday or Thursday night to offer some help where it’s needed and attend random games when it doesn’t clash with the AFL.

Just thought it was very random and coming the day after he signed the mega contract at first I thought it was a mock up. Anyway, good on him.

Something that went under the radar is Jackson Kornberg is leaving Gold Coast after winning their VFL flag

He was previously the Sandy Dragon coach

Would be a great get but now that I have mentioned him

He will probs end up at north or something

Something that went under the radar is Jackson Kornberg is leaving Gold Coast after winning their VFL flag

He was previously the Sandy Dragon coach

Would be a great get but now that I have mentioned him

He will probs end up at north or something
Believe me, it hasn't gone under the radar for me 😉
He had interest from us and Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back