Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some very salty pies supporters in their trade List Management thread. Someone said the dogs have a "houso supporter base" 😅 I feel attacked
A Collingwood supporter, a moron and a dole bludger walked into a bar...

And that was just the first bloke.

Absolutely right. Think I echo most people when I say I love the guy, want him to regain that spark and would love nothing more than for him to be the coach that leads us to success.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’d love him to have a massive extended break and see if that freshens him up

If we don't hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow regarding assistant coaches, it's fair to say that the club haven't locked anyone away and will now be scrambling to acquire those on the scrapheap.

Maybe my memory doesn’t serve me adequately but I’m of the opinion that he looked far less composed last night than the Bevo of a few years ago. There’s a fatigue about him. I’m not a regular Bevo basher in here, so not looking for every opportunity to denigrate the guy. Just purely how I saw it.

I think he needs a holiday. A good long break. He looked beaten down by the end of the year.

A bunch of new assistants and draftees will hopefully provide a bit of energy to the place. Plus the new facilities.

If we don't hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow regarding assistant coaches, it's fair to say that the club haven't locked anyone away and will now be scrambling to acquire those on the scrapheap.
From a planning purpose, obviously last night was the full stop on the 2023 season. I agree, I would definitely be hoping announcements are made by the end of the week regarding 2024.

Felt like there was no energy or spark from Kylie or Bev.
Both just going through the motions, it looks like more of the same to come.
The Naughton news was the only thing they had to milk and it’s hard to get too excited over receiving a present for Christmas of something that you already have when you were expecting some new toys.

I think as Bevo is going to be here for at least the next 12months, we need to get behind him, it’s our job as supporters. No one is bigger than the club, and let’s face it, we don’t want him to fail.
Nah I’m good. Has nothing about wanting to fail, I know he is going to fail next year and it will be another wasted year.

Kornberg has now officially been announced by the Suns as a departure. Usually the former club is allowed the time to post an official departure before any announcement will be made of a new appointment.
I'm still holding out hope for the Dew/Kornberg double addition.

Kornberg has now officially been announced by the Suns as a departure. Usually the former club is allowed the time to post an official departure before any announcement will be made of a new appointment.
Often times, the departure and signing announcements are the same day. Maybe we will see something this arvo. Interesting to see whether each assistant gets their own announcement or we announce them all at once, that may also play into the timing of our announcement(s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind Bevo's speech.

I liked that he praised the Footscray boys, beginning his speech by congratulating the top three in their best and fairest, giving kudos to Edge (for the 11 game win streak) and mentioning that winning culture will hopefully be a building block for the entire footy club next season. Not every coach would think to include the VFL team in a similar speech so I think it's important to acknowledge Bevo has once again showed he selfless he is and how much he cares.

I had absolutely no issue with Bevo's commentary about the external noise of others criticising his positional moves. It's great that he has confidence to make those calls and there's actually truth in what he is saying. Good on him sticking fat and backing himself. The one he regrets is the one we all regret - moving Easton Wood forward. He has nailed a lot of his positional moves and for some reason there's a weird obsession for some supporters to overlook that when we aren't performing to expectations.
I don’t think anyone would be upset about Bevo trying positional moves, it’s what he should be doing after all.
It’s the fact that he often persists with them long after most of us can see they aren’t working.

I don’t think anyone would be upset about Bevo trying positional moves, it’s what he should be doing after all.
It’s the fact that he often persists with them long after most of us can see they aren’t working.
Absolutely. Always laugh at the comments Bev has no plan B. He has multiple plans and makes many short, medium and long term adjustments, just not all of them work. Lobb back instead of Naughton being an example of one that did not work.

It is the fact that he appears reluctant to change when a move that has good results early and is not adjusted once other clubs work out how to exploit it. 2 examples are Daniel and Dale down back.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely. Always laugh at the comments Bev has no plan B. He has multiple plans and makes many short, medium and long term adjustments, just not all of them work. Lobb back instead of Naughton being an example of one that did not work.

It is the fact that he appears reluctant to change when a move that has good results early and is not adjusted once other clubs work out how to exploit it. 2 examples are Daniel and Dale down back.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also continually switching with Gards and Keath

I think he needs a holiday. A good long break. He looked beaten down by the end of the year.

A bunch of new assistants and draftees will hopefully provide a bit of energy to the place. Plus the new facilities.

He did indeed. Perhaps I didn’t articulate myself well in my earlier posts but I saw that same fatigue in him last night that we saw throughout the year, especially at the end. He looks emotionally spent. Hope he takes a decent break soon.

Here’s a thought, why don’t we - the supporters - just get behind the team and coaches in 2024 and try and win this ?bloody thing. I’m tired of seeing people bag the club and the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree! literally nothing has happened yet and theres some carry on like we should just not bother rocking up next year

What do people think of this?

I don't mind it. Edge had footscray humming throughout different parts of his tenure.
It makes good sense.

Edge must be pretty competent and Kornberg was a successful junior and lower level coach.

I’m never seduced by who the ‘big name’ assistants are. McQualter did pretty good job as caretaker, but Paul Williams did ok with us as caretaker (and even Rhode for his one game!).

I only care about competence so if Kornberg is highly rated that’s good.

2024 club slogan:

"Playing on the edge." (Helps if we land Oliver!)

Mission expand their Aus range to:
New Mission Kornbergs - a refreshing alternative to our current corn chips, go nicely with a fresh beverage... 😀

It makes good sense.

Edge must be pretty competent and Kornberg was a successful junior and lower level coach.

I’m never seduced by who the ‘big name’ assistants are. McQualter did pretty good job as caretaker, but Paul Williams did ok with us as caretaker (and even Rhode for his one game!).

I only care about competence so if Kornberg is highly rated that’s good.
I'd like just one more established assistant to take over from Spangher now. Ideally to get the forwards working together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back