Preview Game 263 - St Kilda v Port @ Marvel 30 Jun 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet was cleared of concussion.

Concussion can't actually be formally ruled out for a few days after the head knock - so way too early to presume that. What the medicos actually mean is that he's not experiencing any physical symptoms at this point in time.

That being said, reports directly from the AFL show that there is a significant group who downplay their symptoms in an attempt to remain out of concussion protocols and to keep playing. When you also consider that there's no hard and fast rule for diagnosing concussion (it's largely subjective with very little objective data), it's easy to fudge the numbers as a doctor to make the coaches (ie Kenny) happy that his player is still available - not to mention a player on the edge of selection like Sweet doesn't want to miss games and have his chance of playing in the side taken away either.

Now, as for the rest of the team, I couldn't give two shits who comes in or out. The tone of the performance is going to remain the same until Ken leaves. The players have stopped playing for him. You can only play on emotion for so long before you become mentally fatigued - at which point you're stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll win. The only thing that motivates this group to show up is media criticism of Daddy, so they'll be fired up.
Normally I'd agree. I'm not feeling that this time. The players aren't playing for him and it's been called out by the likes of Timmy G and Aber.
Any prospective coach knows it wouldn't be difficult to turn our fortunes around quickly. We may even lure a good current senior coach.

Out: Finlayson, BZT, Narkle, Burgoyne, Marshall
In Visentini, Boak, Rioli, Lorenz, Jones

Rozee to play half back

Last edited:
The usual suspects. As long as they lose I don’t care at this point until the mission of removing donuts is accomplished. Perhaps they can be witches hats this coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back