Preview Changes & Preview Round 20 vs Carlton @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord's not getting it done at the moment, and Marshall and Finlayson are injured.

If they play Ratugolea forward, he just needs to take a contested mark, kick a goal, and give a chop out to Sweet if needed to be an upgrade.
This has all the makings of a Ken special.

Go shorter in a big game only to cop and injury or two and get badly exposed

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit over-stated? Why do we need more that 2 talls up front - DIxon and Georgadis seems enough to me and probably the most sensible set up we have had all year - could argue about the personnel but it is better than the quadrangle of doom of 4 four tall forwards.

Moving Ratugolea forward at this point (with out any practice at it) would be a real hail Mary which would be unlikely to work with a high footy IQ type player so would probably be a disaster with Ratugolea. I can't seem him adapting to a new role in teh team without months/years of training it. Maybe give it a go for 5-10 minutes for shock value or if all else fails but surely that would be the extent of that. I guess he will do the relief rucking as well - which helps get him out of the back line which is a win.
Remember Geelong and Richmond final few years ago .When other Geelong forwards was struggling to mark against Richmond , he was marking it for fun . He had 5-6 contested marks on the day and scored around 2 goals on the day . But ultimately Dusty masterclass prevailed .

I dunno
Carlton’s form has been average
Losing their ruck will hurt a lot, he killed us.
We won’t allow Cripps to run around like an unregistered dog.
We play well at Marvel
Friday night FTA so umpires can’t be too biased.
It could be the making of some sort of run home to the finals, the final Hinkley home and away story.
Sounds like the old Fast Forward Sketch, Dumb Street 😂

Can't see us playing him forward when we're up against McKay and Curnow
My worry then is they move Bergman out of defence to cover the 2 defenders in for 1 defender out, if we stick with a small forward as sub.

Although maybe it'll be Jones as sub, and both Evans and Narkle start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back