Game Day Thread: Fremantle vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else have a sensational hatred for Richmond after today?

I wouldn't mind us playing the Len Hall game against them every year. I can't hate Essendon or Collingwood, but I can hate Richmond.

Anyone else have a sensational hatred for Richmond after today?

I wouldn't mind us playing the Len Hall game against them every year. I can't hate Essendon or Collingwood, but I can hate Richmond.

I'm sorry, did I read that correctly? :eek:

I don't see much wrong with Richmond, it's not their fault the umpires had some major money on them at exhuberant odds. Plus they have the best club song in the AFL in my books...

I've seen worse wins live, but not since 2002 or 2003. Geez that was awful. Butchered everything, gifted goals to the Tigers, couldn't kick straight to save their lives.

But meh. We win by 39. :eek:

Despite the shocking display, I really enjoyed the game. I went with a friend of mine (it was her first game) and by the end of the game she was cheering almost as loud as me :)

I also had this awesome Tigers supporter sitting next to me one seat to the right of me, his wife in between us. It was great, best bantering I've ever had (we normally got knobs who sit near the CS). It was just great to be able to banter with someone, and generally just make fun of the umps. Highlight was when the umpire finally bounced it without having to recall it for another bounce!! The cheers were louder then a Docker's goal!!

Oh, and if anyone ever buys tickets, buy restricted viewing and aim for round about 332 - excellent seats. There was maybe a tiny bit of the ground we couldn't see, but we were right in front of the screen so could just look at it on there. Perfect view of the ground...the trek up wasn't too fun though :D

Disappointed about our lack of goal kicking though...

Another premature shot from mudslinger...just face it you are a ********

There is help out there for premature ejaculation!!
amazing- after last night all those who had never heard of Balla now know who he is and how he plays the game. 3 goals was it. And well earnt!

There is help out there for premature ejaculation!!
No hope really, he's been gunning out for Balla since day one. Making himself look like an ******** on here now. Time he either got off Balla's case or got off our forum. Don't care what his beef is with Balla, build a bridge or **** off.

No hope really, he's been gunning out for Balla since day one. Making himself look like an ******** on here now. Time he either got off Balla's case or got off our forum. Don't care what his beef is with Balla, build a bridge or **** off.
It goes back to the WAFL yes. I don't like him -you do. If the mods had a problem with me I am sure they would let me know. balla has added a spark to your team and is having a good year. However the same facets of his personality I mentioned are also drawing him attention. Like I said a long time ago if we had nipped it in the bud with fevola years ago it would not have blown up. Freo is on the rise and you need all the players playing together as a unit for the common good. Do you want to be top 4 and a flag contender or not? You want players with flair I agree but there is an obvious line in the sand.

It goes back to the WAFL yes. I don't like him -you do. If the mods had a problem with me I am sure they would let me know. balla has added a spark to your team and is having a good year. However the same facets of his personality I mentioned are also drawing him attention. Like I said a long time ago if we had nipped it in the bud with fevola years ago it would not have blown up. Freo is on the rise and you need all the players playing together as a unit for the common good. Do you want to be top 4 and a flag contender or not? You want players with flair I agree but there is an obvious line in the sand.

Well carrying your grudge on in here is a waste of everybodies time.

I'm sure if the club has issue with Balla I trust they will either sort it out or move him on.

How many of Fremantle posters spend heaps of time on the Carlton forum and get stuck into one of the players on your list? If they did they'd be shown the door pretty fast.

Just saying, I have found some of your comments on other matters enjoyable but this Balla hate thing is fast cancelling all that out.

people have got upset as I posted his half time stats : I did not create these. They were from the AFL game day site
Now that was on the back of a poor game the previous week. How can anybody argue with that?
His end of game stats are still not that good.
People do come on our board and post and we welcome them if they add to the discussion.
My intention from the start was to have Freo fans not accept anything but the best from their players coaches etc if they want to be a success.
I follow CFC but I am passionate about WA footy esp WA players eg I sponsor 3 CFC players from WA.
You are riding a great wave at the moment but it is only as solid as its foundation. That foundation is most probably better than it has been since Neesham however the bar is a flag.
Even a club like Geelong looks at every facet of its game. IDs problems and fixes them if possible. They don't stick their heads in the sand until it is too late.
and yes that is why we are just as upset about our clubs conduct with Fev as with Fev himself

people have got upset as I posted his half time stats : I did not create these. They were from the AFL game day site
I may be aware that he has been down on form for a couple of games, but based on your attitude towards him, the facts you report are never going to be balanced.

You chose the stats that you posted. If he had 15 possessions in the first quarter and 2 for the rest of the game you would post that he had 2 possessions after quarter time. Your intention is simply to knock him and chip away at his support in here.

What you do with Balla is no different to the way the media have reported the Freo facts since our inception, by choosing the ones that paint the worst picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be aware that he has been down on form for a couple of games, but based on your attitude towards him, the facts you report are never going to be balanced.

You chose the stats that you posted. If he had 15 possessions in the first quarter and 2 for the rest of the game you would post that he had 2 possessions after quarter time. Your intention is simply to knock him and chip away at his support in here.

What you do with Balla is no different to the way the media have reported the Freo facts since our inception, by choosing the ones that paint the worst picture.
for the first few games I also did stats and gave him a pat on the back for working very hard whilst doing his milking free kicks etc. Can I only do this when he plays well? Look at the way Pavlich played last night. That kind of attitude should be rubbing off not only on balla but all the Freo and indeed the Tigers players as well. Support him all you like but at some point actually take in my points and consider them

for the first few games I also did stats and gave him a pat on the back for working very hard whilst doing his milking free kicks etc. Can I only do this when he plays well? Look at the way Pavlich played last night. That kind of attitude should be rubbing off not only on balla but all the Freo and indeed the Tigers players as well. Support him all you like but at some point actually take in my points and consider them

Even your pats in the back for Balla were sniping, so don't think for a minute that your motives aren't completely obvious. Wouldn't matter how hard his work ethic, you have a grudge and it's personal, and I for one don't care for it in our forum. The fact that you single his poor efforts out above all others is becoming tiresome and repetitive. If you were talking about players not producing a standard high enough it would not be limited to one player.

Maybe when our mods wake up to what your true intentions are they will show you the door.

drawing a very long bow comparing Balla to Fevola,Balla has played 10games and blind Freddy can see he is going to be a very very good AFL player,all except a pratt like you.
You highlite half time stats of one player only,a player you continually bag and a player who continually shows you up for the goose you are.
Then you crap on about sponsoring players and big noting yourself....know one on this board really cares
So what if.... he had a ordinary game last week..he was no orphan and he showed his true class in the second half this week and was one of the main reasons we won the game.
Perhaps you should stick to commenting on the WAFL (as your such an expert and watch every game) as you seem way out of your depth at AFL level

As far as Mora goes, I think he;s a rookie and needs to be persisted with. It was the first game of the year where I thought the other team wanted it more than us. Pressure was up in the centre square and ball ups and Mora stuttered a bit. Good kid though.

I'd say DeBoer or Pearce would make way for Palmer.

I heard the best knickname for Palmer last night (not sure if it has been done). Hammerhead. His eyes are just a bit too far apart and seems to suit him in general!

No doubt Ballas gets close to the edge sometimes. I'm surprised that he wasn't penalised for that push, but maybe the umps hate Reiwoldt more.

A few times in the last quarter when the majority were out on their legs, he ran 100m a few times just chasing the person with the ball, and at times laid some good tackles, and help cause a few turnovers.

Forget about the goals he kicks. He has helped turn our forward line into one that can pressure the opposition and kick over 100 points a game.

drawing a very long bow comparing Balla to Fevola,Balla has played 10games and blind Freddy can see he is going to be a very very good AFL player,all except a pratt like you.
You highlite half time stats of one player only,a player you continually bag and a player who continually shows you up for the goose you are.
Then you crap on about sponsoring players and big noting yourself....know one on this board really cares
So what if.... he had a ordinary game last week..he was no orphan and he showed his true class in the second half this week and was one of the main reasons we won the game.
Perhaps you should stick to commenting on the WAFL (as your such an expert and watch every game) as you seem way out of your depth at AFL level
Royals are breaking my heart
I coment on many players eg I saw Cornes take an obvious dive in the Port game in front of the umpire. You could tell the ump was tempted. Will be interesting to see if the match review looks at it.
The Power people reviewed it and guess what - agreed.
I guess I am not clueless after all.

Royals are breaking my heart
I coment on many players eg I saw Cornes take an obvious dive in the Port game in front of the umpire. You could tell the ump was tempted. Will be interesting to see if the match review looks at it.
The Power people reviewed it and guess what - agreed.
I guess I am not clueless after all.

I think you reserve most of your negativity on one player and Iam sure your the only one that noticed Cornes diving last week

From memory 6parr said 7 of Richmonds 11 goals were from direct umpire free kicks.

Rather shocking!

They also said after the game that the umps weren't bad but made a few mistakes:eek:
They were bad for both teams it's just Tigers got more in front of goals,forget the bounce they couldn't even throw it high enough.
Did you notice heaps of times the players stood around waiting to see which way the free was going before they moved.

i can understand opposition supporters bagging ballas. he is a polarising character. he celebrates his goals, he gets into his oppositions face and he has a habit of kicking timely or for opposition supporters irritating goals. but to compare him in anyway to fevola, or to question balla as a person is ridiculous. and it just smacks of people venting on someone who they dont like personally, without having any real reason other than the fact he plays good footy for us and not say carlton or west coast. shit, phil matera is my most hated player of all time, that doesnt make him a bad player or a bad bloke, he was just annoying. people should just face facts, he is a good player, who plays the game within the rules, and he plays it well..... and whats best is that you cant even bag him for being lazy, because his forwardline pressure is second to none. if your not a freo supporter, then boo hayden all you want, bag him from the sidelines and get frustrated. but dont come on this board and talk bullshit about a player who is fast becoming one of our best

i can understand opposition supporters bagging ballas. he is a polarising character. he celebrates his goals, he gets into his oppositions face and he has a habit of kicking timely or for opposition supporters irritating goals. but to compare him in anyway to fevola, or to question balla as a person is ridiculous. and it just smacks of people venting on someone who they dont like personally, without having any real reason other than the fact he plays good footy for us and not say carlton or west coast. shit, phil matera is my most hated player of all time, that doesnt make him a bad player or a bad bloke, he was just annoying. people should just face facts, he is a good player, who plays the game within the rules, and he plays it well..... and whats best is that you cant even bag him for being lazy, because his forwardline pressure is second to none. if your not a freo supporter, then boo hayden all you want, bag him from the sidelines and get frustrated. but dont come on this board and talk bullshit about a player who is fast becoming one of our best
second that spot on !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Thread: Fremantle vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back