Competitions Game day thread round 17: West Coast v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

A great beleiver in player confidence...argued with 30 paragraph blue aout it last week.

But confidence does not affect your ability to execute a simple drop punt, a handball under no pressure, or stick your ****ing hands out and at least motion a shepard.

One leader on the entire ****ing team and we are happy to let him get laid into at every stoppage. Once again...ashamed to be a Carlton supporter right now.

Hysterical or what? Not once have I ever been ashamed to be a Carlton supporter. Not when Essendon smashed us at Windy Hill in 1985, or when North smashed us at Arden St in 1983. I wasn't even ashamed when North smashed the living daylights out of us in Round 22, 2003. That day I was ashamed of many Carlton supporters, but not ashamed to be a Carlton supporter.

The forward line set up is wrong. One on ones with Betts up there is bullshit. He isn't good enough for that. He should be feeding off Henderson and Waite and crumbing off them.We will one game in ten with this approach.
Time for Ratten to do something or the season is gone.
Nothing wrong with the forward setup at all. We have looked dangerous when the ball has moved smoothly. Midfielders and half backs butchering the footy are killing us.

Hysterical or what? Not once have I ever been ashamed to be a Carlton supporter. Not when Essendon smashed us at Windy Hill in 1985, or when North smashed us at Arden St in 1983. I wasn't even ashamed when North smashed the living daylights out of us in Round 22, 2003. That day I was ashamed of many Carlton supporters, but not ashamed to be a Carlton supporter.

I've never been ashamed of Carlton either.... ashamed of the players to pull on a jumper though and play the rubbish they are putting out tonight, yes.

Two different things.

The axe must be swung after this, we are soft as butter and its the blokes on the most money...

Murphy, whats happened to you...put your head over the ball and go hard...should have been dragged after that soft co*k effort on the wing

I thought last week we had hit rock bottom but this takes the cake

I have not seen our confidence level's this low since the dark days of the 2004/5 etc.

Our talent is there we are just playing so poorly it is a joke. I am searching for answers but i am dumbfounded right now. :(

Our game plan is seems wrong and is not working and we couldnt hit the side of a barn with a kick right now.
Exactly. The concerning thing is effort doesn't seem to be the issue. Confidence is completely and utterly shot and the majority of players look lost out there.

Lloyd is spot on. he says in the commentary, West Coast are showing more intensity and spirit as though they want to win the game. For Ch..t's sake, wer'e playing for a position in the top 8. Did you see Murphy pull out of a contest and Lloyd remark, "he was more concerned with getting hurt than contesting the ball". Soft, soft, soft this side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Walker's fault. He totally misjudged it. Not for the first time tonight.

It wasn't Walker's fault.

You want players to lead at you - Walker is doing this, and twice its gone over his head.

Even if he held his ground, he would have had to stretch both times as they were bad kicks - if the kicks were to his chest, it wouldn't matter that he was leading at them.

Yeah this warnock bloke is good
Ellard omg his footskills are pathetic
Jr looked beaten before the game even started
Aw is a C grade footballer at best
Eddie betts is our FF yes dont laugh
Would any good teams like collingwood/geelong etc sit down and watch this crap?
Ratten is a joke of a coach and should fk off asap(reminds me of rohde/frawley/watson as a coach)

Nothing wrong with the forward setup at all. We have looked dangerous when the ball has moved smoothly. Midfielders and half backs butchering the footy are killing us.

Really? Me thinks the midfielders are butchering it because they've got no confidence going forward.

Why we go to Betts so often with Waite, Henderson and Hampson rotating through is beyond me.

Very frustrating game to watch, skills are shocking. If we were playing anyone of note we'd be 8-9 goals down. Thank god the eagles kicking at goal is erratic as well..Not gone...., 26 pts is very gettable.......but the second half will need to be something special compared to what we've just seen.

Lloyd is spot on. he says in the commentary, West Coast are showing more intensity and spirit as though they want to win the game. For Ch..t's sake, wer'e playing for a position in the top 8. Did you see Murphy pull out of a contest and Lloyd remark, "he was more concerned with getting hurt than contesting the ball". Soft, soft, soft this side.
Yep Lance , spot on mate... Lloydie is correct we are chicken****

BBJ

The axe must be swung after this, we are soft as butter and its the blokes on the most money...

Murphy, whats happened to you...put your head over the ball and go hard...should have been dragged after that soft co*k effort on the wing

I thought last week we had hit rock bottom but this takes the cake

Unfortunately Murph is playing like a millionaire at the moment. He was on the cusp of being A-grade at the end of last season, but he has failed to take the next step this season. I think there is little doubt that his badly interrupted pre-season is hurting him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Game day thread round 17: West Coast v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back