Competitions Game day thread round 17: West Coast v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate but if you think the forward set up is ok then we are watching different games.
The forward line is the least of our worries at the moment. Our half backs and midfielders are cruising around like they don't want to win. If our mids get on top, the forwards will look good.

Grigg and Waite are playing well. :thumbsu:
I wish we had two or three Waites :(

Leave Hendo at CHF, and Leave either Hammer or Warnock at FF . I'm getting frustrated with us going to betts all the time when he's against someone who keeps beating him for whatever reason.

Perhaps move Russell off Le Cras for a bit, just to let him create more and have a break because you can see it's getting to him.

Really? Me thinks the midfielders are butchering it because they've got no confidence going forward.

Why we go to Betts so often with Waite, Henderson and Hampson rotating through is beyond me.

Why don't we let Waite play in one position instead of moving him from end to end all the time.

We are officially the worst side in the comp at the moment.

By a mile, I can't believe what we have turned into.

Look at the Freo game 2 goals 12 at half time, and that is not an isolated incident.

I read today that Carlton uses the team talking seesions that Aker is complaining about. How about they spend that time showing the players the posts at each end of the ground. I would spend a little extra time showing them the F***ING middle two.

It wasn't Walker's fault.

You want players to lead at you - Walker is doing this, and twice its gone over his head.

Even if he held his ground, he would have had to stretch both times as they were bad kicks - if the kicks were to his chest, it wouldn't matter that he was leading at them.

Walks totally ran under it. I have noticed him do this several times since he returned from his injury. Unfortunately that break has really damaged his confidence.

By a mile, I can't believe what we have turned into.

Look at the Freo game 2 goals 12 at half time, and that is not an isolated incident.

I read today that Carlton uses the team talking seesions that Aker is complaining about. How about they spend that time showing the players the posts at each end of the ground. I would spend a little extra time showing them the F***ING middle two.

Put Ratts in the hot seat.

My brother just told me we gave up 3 draft picks for that warnock guy?
Was he joking surely not
I thought that he was sacked from another club
If this is true the whole Afl must be laughing at us
Btw Ratts and Braddles remind me of the 2 guys on the muppets that sit at the opera in the balcony

Unfortunately Murph is playing like a millionaire at the moment. He was on the cusp of being A-grade at the end of last season, but he has failed to take the next step this season. I think there is little doubt that his badly interrupted pre-season is hurting him now.

Agree...
Give him the arse and the indignity of playing for the ants for the next couple of weeks...surely he isnt untouchable?
Squibs and Murph to the twos...whats the worse that could happen? We lose to the worst team in the comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hysterical or what? Not once have I ever been ashamed to be a Carlton supporter. Not when Essendon smashed us at Windy Hill in 1985, or when North smashed us at Arden St in 1983. I wasn't even ashamed when North smashed the living daylights out of us in Round 22, 2003. That day I was ashamed of many Carlton supporters, but not ashamed to be a Carlton supporter.

^^^ This...

I am never ashamed of being a Carlton supporter... I am angry at the piss poor performances being served up to us.

The club is having it's first serious form slump in the last 3 years... and people are automatically switching into hysterical mode thinking that we are slipping back into the dark years ago... guess what... middle of the road clubs like we are at the moment have form slumps.

So many people got over-excited over us pushing for a top 4 spot... guess what... we are in the 6-12 slot and we wont be a top 4 team for another 2 years. However, if the hysterical supporters get their way, and get in a new coach mid-season, then that will set us back another year.

imgres

We have been awful, but gee their has been some dubious free kicks paid and a few non decisions which have not helped, will need a miracle to turn this around.

My brother just told me we gave up 3 draft picks for that warnock guy?
Was he joking surely not
I thought that he was sacked from another club
If this is true the whole Afl must be laughing at us
Btw Ratts and Braddles remind me of the 2 guys on the muppets that sit at the opera in the balcony
Ahhh... Stadler and Waldorf. Great duo.

Funny... but not sure our blokes would be laughing.

Hampson misses an easy set shot at goal, Garlett misses 25 out, Murphy tries a banana instead of running around and kicking it with his left. Need to convert if we're gonna get back into this game.

We have been awful, but gee their has been some dubious free kicks paid and a few non decisions which have not helped, will need a miracle to turn this around.

Well they are last on the ladder, so you never know.

Ratten and bradley look like tweedle dee & tweedle dum in the box, thats our future...and Lappin...

I feel a bit for Ratten, there are about 13 witches hats out there in blue.

The forward line is the least of our worries at the moment. Our half backs and midfielders are cruising around like they don't want to win. If our mids get on top, the forwards will look good.

Are they playing tonight?

Please tell me i'm not the only one who knows the West Coast ruckman will tap it to Priddis 98% of the time. So why are our players trailing him into the stoppages.

Teams do not change this dramatically unless there are issues within the club.

OMG, this is as bad as it gets.

Can Walker stop fumbling & misjudging the ball. ( trade him while we can get something )

Grigg has been good, hope we don't lose him to GC.

Waite excellent.

Poor Ellard couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Warnock what on earth were we thinking.

Eddie's finishing is disgraceful.

^^^ This...

I am never ashamed of being a Carlton supporter... I am angry at the piss poor performances being served up to us.

The club is having it's first serious form slump in the last 3 years... and people are automatically switching into hysterical mode thinking that we are slipping back into the dark years ago... guess what... middle of the road clubs like we are at the moment have form slumps.

So many people got over-excited over us pushing for a top 4 spot... guess what... we are in the 6-12 slot and we wont be a top 4 team for another 2 years. However, if the hysterical supporters get their way, and get in a new coach mid-season, then that will set us back another year.

True, Dramoth. Thanks for the perspective. :eek::thumbsu:
We just get excited, and ahead of ourselves. but you're right.

But one thing I still don't like, is the crappy performances by some of our better players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Game day thread round 17: West Coast v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back